12/9/2015 - Removing Color Stock Bonus, and Adding Timer Reset Donation Option

Alex

Four credits is actually really high imo, thought it'd be 2 credits.

If I wanted to bring, say 5 friends into this game. I could finance their cities and have 5 nations with 10 cities in two months? And first day of third month we get them iron dome and MLP, I basically created 5 warable 1000 NS nations out of thin air.

That would cost about $435 million in city costs alone, not to mention you'd need to buy the credits, the infra, and the resources. The reset only gives you an extra two cities/projects a month, it's just a nice feature.

Your friends would also have to buy the credits themselves, since you can't sell them directly to them as it counts to redeeming your own credits. The best you could do is send additional cash to their nations and hope they can buy some credits on the market.

Edited by Metro
  • Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

That would cost about $435 million in city costs alone, not to mention you'd need to buy the credits, the infra, and the resources. The reset only gives you an extra two cities/projects a month, it's just a nice feature.

Your friends would also have to buy the credits themselves, since you can't sell them directly to them as it counts to redeeming your own credits. The best you could do is send additional cash to their nations and hope they can buy some credits on the market.

sheepy can move down credit costs if he sees if this work out!

If we get players joining the game who like it enough to spend money and stick around, who cares if they catch up quickly? Mensa spent a shitload on credits to begin with, now not so much. Credits become less valuable as you grow.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Why on earth would you give people a way to reset their city timer :/ That just incentivizes more P2W options. Come on man. At the very least make it 8 credits.

Edited by Lordship
  • Upvote 1

money need for new city nations so not pay to win

Uhh an alliance can finance bringing in new nations and boosting them up twice as fast now if they spend money on credits, so it is pay to win lol

• Administrators

Excellent write-up. Thank you for posting this. People are missing a lot of the nuances and costs of the system, and think that this new donation option can be used in ways that it really can't.

If we get players joining the game who like it enough to spend money and stick around, who cares if they catch up quickly? Mensa spent a shitload on credits to begin with, now not so much. Credits become less valuable as you grow.

This is exactly true, and for big nations, this new donation option doesn't help them. They're held back by costs, not the time, and this will only help equalize the playing field for newer nations.

5% for beige... 3% for all others...

So its now a good thing to get nuked?

I mean, if you're okay with trading off 1000+ infrastructure for 5 days with 2% more gross income, sure (even though the loss of infra is going to make you lose way more income than that 2% will replenish.)

Why on earth would you give people a way to reset their city timer :/ That just incentivizes more P2W options. Come on man. At the very least make it 8 credits.

No one would even use it at 8 Credits, that's an awful lot of money. Even at 4 Credits I think it will be rarely used.

Uhh an alliance can finance bringing in new nations and boosting them up twice as fast now if they spend money on credits, so it is pay to win lol

It's just not feasible, and even if it was it's actually beneficial for the game as a whole. Large "winning" nations don't benefit from this, at all. It's not pay-to-win if it just helps the new players.

Sheepy you released a Pay to Win option. We don't like it.

This is not "Pay to Win." This mechanic actually just helps newer nations, and will keep the game from dying. Please take a look at Metro's post, he made an excellent writeup about how expensive and ridiculous it would be to make huge 1000 Score nations out of thin air.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Excellent write-up. Thank you for posting this. People are missing a lot of the nuances and costs of the system, and think that this new donation option can be used in ways that it really can't.

This is exactly true, and for big nations, this new donation option doesn't help them. They're held back by costs, not the time, and this will only help equalize the playing field for newer nations.

I mean, if you're okay with trading off 1000+ infrastructure for 5 days with 2% more gross income, sure (even though the loss of infra is going to make you lose way more income than that 2% will replenish.)

No one would even use it at 8 Credits, that's an awful lot of money. Even at 4 Credits I think it will be rarely used.

It's just not feasible, and even if it was it's actually beneficial for the game as a whole. Large "winning" nations don't benefit from this, at all. It's not pay-to-win if it just helps the new players.

This is not "Pay to Win." This mechanic actually just helps newer nations, and will keep the game from dying. Please take a look at Metro's post, he made an excellent writeup about how expensive and ridiculous it would be to make huge 1000 Score nations out of thin air.

sheepy right not pay to win pay to win would be no caps on donations so nation donate to top nation overnight

new player help this. if this works sheepy can increase it futher as metro point out post 2 credits make more sense

sheepy right not pay to win pay to win would be no caps on donations so nation donate to top nation overnight

new player help this. if this works sheepy can increase it futher as metro point out post 2 credits make more sense

Uh no. 2 you're just pushing it.

I actually feel disturbed that I can't argue against this for the time being. Nothing really comes to my mind on what to complain about. I suppose only one argument comes to mind to restrict the timer reset to 6-8 cities and below if this becomes an issue later.

Edited by Hooves

• Administrators

Uh no. 2 you're just pushing it.

I actually feel disturbed that I can't argue against this for the time being. Nothing really comes to my mind on what to complain about. I suppose only one argument comes to mind to restrict the timer reset to 6-8 cities and below if this becomes an issue later.

I would agree that if it becomes an issue of nations with like 15 cities going from 15 to 22 in a month, that's a huge issue. But the cost of city 15 is over $100,000,000. Like I said, what's holding big nations back from building additional cities isn't the time limit, it's cost. Check out the city cost calculator if you don't believe me.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Also if I'm correct this is just a replacement for selling 8 credits so you can either waste 8 on building 2 cities faster or sell 8 credits for 8m+

So realistically you can build 5 cities in 1 month instead of 3.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

I wrote a wrote a whole page and a half on how Sheepy's a dick for pulling the Pay-to-Win shit, but... eh, I'd rather not waste a warning point on this... so...

Shit update on behalf of more Pay to Win shit, but finally the f**king colours are gone. Still, really damn agitated at that cheap shit you pull for the sake of making a quick buck.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

I can't imagine very many instances, if any at all, where you'd be better off using 4 credits to reset the timer rather than selling them for ~6-8 mill.

This doesn't really make it pay to play more than the current system IMO. I doubt it gets used very much at all.

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

Yay, more p2w, the slow slide continues. A flat 3% seems even less dynamic that the low dynamic system that was replaced by the treasure-based color system. At least then you were incentivized to chase color-bombing micro's off of your color. Not enough activity leads followed by not enough activity, so make it cosmetic? Great.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for adding the edit button to alliance announcements! Not sure if that was this update, or if it's not been mentioned but I only just now have seen it added (if it was previously added). Thanks tons!

Not a big fan of paying for city purchase reset. If you wanted to do anything related to helping out the newer guys, you should just have made cities 2-5 have a 5 day reset instead.

Edited by Valdoroth

Thank you so much for adding the edit button to alliance announcements! Not sure if that was this update, or if it's not been mentioned but I only just now have seen it added (if it was previously added). Thanks tons!

Not a big fan of paying for city purchase reset. If you wanted to do anything related to helping out the newer guys, you should just have made cities 2-5 have a 5 day reset instead.

Edit button is there for a long time.

what is wrong with cynic???

The fact that you like Cynic and Inst is more proof you're a troll.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

• Jax locked this topic