Which Player has had a bigger impact on the game thus far?

Kastor

Please choose 1  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has had a bigger political impact on the game thus far?

• Prefontaine
    • Pubstomper
    • Partisan
    • Shellhound
    • Cynic
    • Keegoz
    • Pfeiffer
    • Grillick
    • Impero
    • Tenages

I remember losing one war. I have no idea where that 2nd is from. Explain?

Uh, where did the 2nd loss come from?

EDIT:

Minor conflict with SI ( Won )

Major conflict with VE ( Loss )

Major conflict with Paragon ( Won )

Major conflict with Covenant ( Won )

Unless you're counting the UPN stopping BoC from their Ashland led spy ops on us?

Come to think of it I don't know what I was thinking of. I'll edit :P

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Calling dibs on half of Partisans votes, since I brought him here and gave him so many great opportunities to showcase his diplomatic prowess and military might.

Kek.

They're better off since you are no longer there. kek

Edited by Ashwyn Traverse

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Don't worry he got plenty of shit for that from inside Mensa.

Would have been disappointing if he didn't :P

So now I am tying with Grillick, slightly better. No longer losing to Cynic, much better. We're getting there people.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Would have been disappointing if he didn't :P

So now I am tying with Grillick, slightly better. No longer losing to Cynic, much better. We're getting there people.

Dem sympathy votes. Lol

My biggest issue with a poll such as this is everyone assumes it takes an "alliance leader" or "public figure" to have an impact on the game itself. Just as in real life, a teacher or mentor; the grunt who smashes stuff up for another; a friend or even an enemy in the game itself can be someone who has made the largest impact overall- actions themselves trickle across the vast pond, affecting everything the ripple touches. The greatest impact in the game is not the listing but the ones who make such lists, and we fail to perceive that the construction workers building the high-rise are the ones impacting the world and not the board members who decided to build a new office for themselves to commit more crimes in.

Edited by VasiliusKonstantinos

I have been fairly low activity in this game so far, but I know from experience in eRep and other online games that the front line figures are rarely the most influential, and that people working behind the scenes can often have a much bigger effect in the game.

Pfeiffer for example (not here) was not a front line player for most of his online career.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I think Saru's being undersold here tbh. He should be in the poll. He's been running UPN foreign policy since the beginning. The TC vs TAC war was what brought the SK-Guardian-SK axis into being to begin with. Then the way he managed to divide that whole coalition (especially Rose and SK) during peace negotiations played a massive role in what ultimately happened in the Great VE war. If I don't come out of that war absolutely furious with Rose, at least 70% of the original motivation behind the leaked plan disappears. 

Then UPN supporting VE's side during Great VE war absolutely a major deciding factor that stopped DEIC from backing SK/Guardian up. Then of course during proxy war the whole treaty chess was played the way it was by both sides with UPN in mind. Then Saru was the driving force behind the last war happening. 

His decisions haven't always worke for him, but to my mind he's the biggest political influence so far, if only because he's stuck around the whole time and not either retired (like Pre) or been a leader of a younger alliance that needed to get established first (Partisan, Pfeiffer). 

So tl;dr I vote Saru.

Though if we're gonna include impact on gameplay and mechanics, as well as politics and community, it's clearly Pre, hands down no debate.

Edited by Tenages
wF9Bjre.gif

Those who tend to have the biggest impact tend to become "public figures", but who else do you think should be added to this poll?

No one, as the poll itself is from only one person's experiences in dealing with the game. I could come up with an entire list of those who have impacted the entire game with a completely different lineup. And as Spite stated, there are those who influence the game who no one really knows about because they are behind the scenes.

• Upvote 1

No one, as the poll itself is from only one person's experiences in dealing with the game. I could come up with an entire list of those who have impacted the entire game with a completely different lineup. And as Spite stated, there are those who influence the game who no one really knows about because they are behind the scenes.

I'd like to know this list of yours if you don't mind posting it.

• Downvote 1

I'd like to know this list of yours if you don't mind posting it.

I think you are missing the point. Every person can be influenced by a different group of people and be guided into directions that go completely in differing directions in the game. Same thing in life.

Someone mentioned Saruman. Someone respects and sees Saruman as an influential player here on Orbis. Cool! Though we have not made contact in Politics & War itself, I have always had incredible discussions and ties with Belisarius. Kadin has ben interesting here on Orbis. TheNG has been the only redeeming factor in DEIC and has been their salvation, to be honest. Jodo has made connections palatable/bearable many times for opposing veterans at odds with each other during peace talks. ELPINCHAZO can eat live babies when he wants to prove a point while talking terms with other nations. I am making a list of who I see has influenced the game in many differing aspects.

I would have put Dio up there rather than Pffeifer. :v

Just kidding. I now have to go repent for the next 3 hours for saying that.

But in all seriousness, if you're going to put people like Grillick on there, you could at least put people like Malone or Jodo. They're probably more influential than half the people you posted.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I think you are missing the point. Every person can be influenced by a different group of people and be guided into directions that go completely in differing directions in the game. Same thing in life.

Someone mentioned Saruman. Someone respects and sees Saruman as an influential player here on Orbis. Cool! Though we have not made contact in Politics & War itself, I have always had incredible discussions and ties with Belisarius. Kadin has ben interesting here on Orbis. TheNG has been the only redeeming factor in DEIC and has been their salvation, to be honest. Jodo has made connections palatable/bearable many times for opposing veterans at odds with each other during peace talks. ELPINCHAZO can eat live babies when he wants to prove a point while talking terms with other nations. I am making a list of who I see has influenced the game in many differing aspects.

No, I got the point.  I just want to see what your list would've consisted so I can take a look at those individuals as well.

Basically, I'm asking for YOUR opinion of a list.  Not trying to deter you or disagree with you.

With those that you named here though, who would you replace in the current list with those you named?

• Downvote 1