DEIC Bank Content Anomaly

Hubotz

Why?  It's not like they can't pay it.

Where does that leave DEIC? Unable to rebuild its membership, and a real bad position. How can you blame their leadership for not wanting to be in a position where they not only engaged in a losing war, but is unable to support its membership at all anymore. I get that it is their fault, but how can you blame them for not accepting terms that could destroy the AA?

0Lovl.png

If you want to talk about shitposters, I don't think OlivierMira has posted a single thing of substance in this thread, but he is on "your side of the web" so that gives him a pass I guess.

You have already eliminated UPN, DEIC and BoC from standing anywhere close to be a threat to your side again, this talk about out-rebuilding our side is quite nonsense, considering that UPN, DEIC specifically were getting beat into oblivion in the last round of war, and DEIC continues to war on. You asked and received 80% of our cash reserves and some resources to boot, well above the threshold set by VE and Guardian. After the first round of war, the argument that without reparations TC "could" of bounced back was justified, but after the second round, I don't think it was a possibility anymore.

DEIC has lost nearly 4/5ths of their score, and over 30 nations, but to continue to push reps in the hundreds of millions is absurd at this point. That 300 mil of lost money is nothing compared to what they lost, and nothing compared to what this coalition spent to fight TC. It's just trying to add insult to injury.

This is more than simply forcing them to pay reps just to pay them. DEIC UPN BoC attacked us with the intent to eliminate threats and create a hegemoney. BoC was dragged along, so they got peaced out early and with low reps. UPN was very civil in negotiations so we happily lowered their rep amounts and let them out. DEIC, represented by Clarke, has been a complete jackass in negotiations. His arrogant and self righteous attitude and recent actions is what is keeping DEIC at war.

EDIT: If you don't want to be crushed, either leave or coup Clarke. Pretty simple. Or Clarke can pay the reps.

Edited by Boony
  • Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

Where does that leave DEIC? Unable to rebuild its membership, and a real bad position. How can you blame their leadership for not wanting to be in a position where they not only engaged in a losing war, but is unable to support its membership at all anymore. I get that it is their fault, but how can you blame them for not accepting terms that could destroy the AA?

Increase taxes. Get Money. Use Money to buy Infra and Cities. that's how you rebuild and support membership. It will not destroy the AA, we had to do it a couple times now and this will be the third time.

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

If you want to talk about shitposters, I don't think OlivierMira has posted a single thing of substance in this thread, but he is on "your side of the web" so that gives him a pass I guess.

Seriously. Just because he actually fleshes out how he feels doesn't make SRD a shitposter, even though I think he says a lot of dumb things. Shitposting seems to just be the accepted level of discourse on the forums, people just can't see it in themselves.

• Upvote 3

Increase taxes. Get Money. Use Money to buy Infra and Cities. that's how you rebuild and support membership. It will not destroy the AA, we had to do it a couple times now and this will be the third time.

Increase taxes on what? My nation was running a deficit of 700k a day without a military and the situation was probably similiar for many nations on TC's side. Look at the infrastructure levels of these nations, no matter what kind of warchest you have, weeks of losing wars will deplete it, leaving them with almost nothing to sell. The Syndicate has never been in that position. 

0Lovl.png

DEIC has lost nearly 4/5ths of their score, and over 30 nations, but to continue to push reps in the hundreds of millions is absurd at this point. That 300 mil of lost money is nothing compared to what they lost, and nothing compared to what this coalition spent to fight TC. It's just trying to add insult to injury.

Can't pay for the crime, don't do it. You really thought you guys can do billions and billions of damage against us and expect zero reparations? !@#$ outta here with that shit.

• Upvote 4
Lxr4VfE.png

You have already eliminated UPN, DEIC and BoC from standing anywhere close to be a threat to your side again, this talk about out-rebuilding our side is quite nonsense, considering that UPN, DEIC specifically were getting beat into oblivion in the last round of war, and DEIC continues to war on. You asked and received 80% of our cash reserves and some resources to boot, well above the threshold set by VE and Guardian. After the first round of war, the argument that without reparations TC "could" of bounced back was justified, but after the second round, I don't think it was a possibility anymore.

Did this person really call me a he? Ayyyy lmao.

Also I have posted something that isnt shitposting

@Stetonic, the behavior you have spilt into the atmosphere,well, its rather unprofessional. You wan't tS sphere to take your lower rep proposal, then you and every government member in DEIC needs to learn professionalism during such talks.

There is a time and place to be a troll, and be able to get away with it, but for you, this isn't the time.

No, but this is the sort of thing that happens in peace talks, so I thought to give you a friendly advice to stop digging yourself and the alliance you also represent a hole you can't get out of.

Time to grow up, don't you agree?

Of course those were on page three, and I lost interest in caring.

• Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif

Increase taxes on what? My nation was running a deficit of 700k a day without a military and the situation was probably similiar for many nations on TC's side. Look at the infrastructure levels of these nations, no matter what kind of warchest you have, weeks of losing wars will deplete it, leaving them with almost nothing to sell. The Syndicate has never been in that position. 

We have been in that position, what we did was decom military and its improvements, rebuild lower tier members first with the taxes we can get so that more people can contribute to rebuild. By the time everyone and their mother's mother reaches ~1k infra for all of their cities, should take about a month or two if done correctly. We were in that position.

Lxr4VfE.png

Yeah and we backed off, and you guys are still going for the juggular. I would think, that giving another alliance 300 million dollars while you are fighting a war, is actually good for you guys, since they now have 300 million less dollars to fight back with!

But I apologize for interrupting your circle jerk, please go back to shitting on DEIC.

Let's put this into a different perspective.

The Great VE War = This War

BoC = Mensa  ( Taken easy on reps and were allowed to step out of the war early )

UPN = Guardian  ( Had a hard rep cost, but no further )

DEIC = SK ( Some drastic changes and/or hard reps were pushed due to various factors )

Pretty much the same talks involved.  Like I said - same situation, different actors.

I'm sure you can relate to this, SRD.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Loans from someone else, rebuild up to positive, slow grind back from that position. Sucks ass, slow, not impossible.

• Upvote 1

I call bs on your 700k deficit

Let's put this into a different perspective.

The Great VE War = This War

BoC = Mensa  ( Taken easy on reps and were allowed to step out of the war early )

UPN = Guardian  ( Had a hard rep cost, but no further )

DEIC = SK ( Some drastic changes and/or hard reps were pushed due to various factors )

Pretty much the same talks involved.  Like I said - same situation, different actors.

I'm sure you can relate to this, SRD.

That isn't accurate. SK did not pay reps, we simply asked them to reduce their spy/missile counts so they couldn't use them against us in peace. Mensa was given reps, Guardian I believe ended up with similar reps, and SK was let off afterward without reps. And the amounts and percentages are nowhere near in line.

I call bs on your 700k deficit

If I took a screenshot, I would show you, but alas I did not. My cities of 1800~ infra were reduced to less than 400 each with all their improvement slots, it was a pretty sucky position. 

Olivier Mira, I just assume everyone on the internet is male, safer that way. 

We have been in that position, what we did was decom military and its improvements, rebuild lower tier members first with the taxes we can get so that more people can contribute to rebuild. By the time everyone and their mother's mother reaches ~1k infra for all of their cities, should take about a month or two if done correctly. We were in that position.

Thanks for tips, but I would again disagree with you that the position that DEIC is in is the same as The Syndicate.  The damage to DEIC is undoubtedly the worst alliance beatdown I have seen in PnW so far, and for that reason alone I can't say that The Syndicate or any other AA has been in DEIC's position, maybe GPA. 

0Lovl.png

"BoC shouldn't get back into this war! Which is why we're gonna bring them back into this war"

I don't agree with the way you interpret us aiding DEIC in taking the money, nonetheless it is what it is, and we can't pay off 300mil at this moment, considering we dont have 300mil at this moment. So if we have to meet on the battlefield again for a senseless war I guess that'll have to be how it is. 

Luckily, we're not asking you to pay 300mil in one lump sum. Payments are indeed an option, and to my recollection we never demanded the full amount immediately.

*dodges the shitposting on his way out of thread*

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain Mensa/Pfeiff's obsession with BoC? O.o

[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously 

The folks crying about poor DEIC being mistreated should realize that Clarke isn't doing anything to make the situation better for his alliance. His negotiating tactic is to say no, lie, call us stupid and mean, and then cross his fingers and hope we'll be nice.

Maybe Clarke should offer a piece of the demanded reps and then agree to permanently resign from DEIC and to not take up alliance leadership for a year in any alliance. I'd advocate that our coalition accept terms like that. 

Edited by Avruch

That isn't accurate. SK did not pay reps, we simply asked them to reduce their spy/missile counts so they couldn't use them against us in peace. Mensa was given reps, Guardian I believe ended up with similar reps, and SK was let off afterward without reps. And the amounts and percentages are nowhere near in line.

You're mostly correct.  I had to look back to it.  $1, 15 max limit on spies, and no more than 20 missiles.  ( Which you could argue that at that time of the game, the limitation of spies was a big cost since there was no cap limit at the time iirc )

Well, that was the end result.

The beginning of reps talk was more severe, if I recall correctly.

Which...  is still the same situation that DEIC is in now.

• Downvote 1

If either BoC or DEIC gave a reasonable timetable to pay the 300 mill, either with what they have on hand and/or by temporarily setting a high tax rate to collect it within a reasonable time period, I'm pretty sure our side would accept it.

Instead, we've seen them play games and make up lies about not being able to pay it.  If you had tried negotiating the amount down instead of lying, you'd have been a lot more likely to lower the inevitable burden.  At this point you have destroyed any good will that might have made people inclined to be lenient or trust what you say.

Edited by Azaghul
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png