What should new players know about alliances?

Alex

• Administrators

I'd like to create another read and quiz page for new players on the subject of alliances, in an effort to promote more new players joining alliances. We have lots and lots of people signing up every day, but a lot of new nations don't join alliances, which I think is very beneficial and necessary to really enjoy the game in the long term.

I'm looking for general information about why new players should join alliances, things like protection, money, community, etc. that are provided. It's obviously not going to cater to any alliance in particular, or be biased in any way, so please just give me some information that you think is important to work with.

Thanks!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Protection/money/community/guides like you said.

Maybe link them to the alliance recruitment subforum as well so that it's utilized more: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/forum/45-alliance-recruitment/ 

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

Players that like wars should know about the awesomeness of alliance war.

Also some alliances might give their members money for various reasons.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

A simple one-time message saying something like "Hey! You should consider joining an alliance! It's a great way to interact with fellow players and plan your stuff together!" with a link to the forum should be enough. Altho all the constant bickering here might be a major turnoff for some :v

UedhRvY.png

As you mentioned, it's almost necessary to join an alliance to fully enjoy the game. An alliance doesn't only give you protection and aid, but it's a separate community. Many alliances have forums outside of the game to help in communication and alliance unity. On these alliance forums, you build bonds with fellow alliance members, which really add to the appeal of a nation sim game such as this.   

Someone suggest me, which alliance shall I join?

I won't be bias, but if you like your pixels and hug them to death. Join the GPA and we can make your pixels bigger.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Give them money for joining an alliance. Give them more when they have stayed with an alliance for 30 days. Could create them as player missions which pay out automatically when complete. Everyone who logs in more than a couple of times would join an alliance then.

You could expand on the missions idea to encourage war, production or any number of things.

• Upvote 1

Maybe also have an annoying notification at the top recommending they join an alliance so they can be protected. When they join one it will disappear. On top of the other stuff of course. You can offer money, but this would just be a small thing to annoy them into doing it a bit :P

• 4 weeks later...

just tell them to join UPN and they will be in good hands :lol:

actually, just say that it is essential to join an alliance or they would be rolled

Join them to UPN By bribing them with the Iron alliance bank.

Worked on me. :P

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Tell them baseball is the most important feature in the game that they must focuses early on.

• Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)