Has this war changed anything?

Dan77

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about CBs?

• Yes. CBs are srsbsns.
    • No. Blood for the blood god.

inb4 someone in Mensa posted this on their boards and asked for them to vote No.

Actually this wasn't posted at all on our boards.

Being a member of Mensa, I didn't even vote on this as I do not care one way or the other.

But please, continue pointing out that we have a good organizational skills - even if it's on pointless polls.

• Downvote 1

CBs are a way of finding support from the public community. Other than that, it's all backroom stuff.

Pretty much. Human psychology makes it so that everyone rationalizes they are inherently good and commit actions that are inherently good. The people leading Nazi Germany self-rationalized what they were doing was good because they were trying to throw off the shackles placed on Germany after WWI. 

People need to a cause to rally to, something to help them self-rationalize that the actions they are about to take are good (whether the actions are actually good or not is another story). People want to reaffirm that they are good, and disdain things that challenge that notion that they are good.

A CB is something to help people re-affirm that they are doing good things.

Without a CB, wars are cold hard machiavellian actions (i.e. my opponents are a threat to my power, and I need to eliminate that threat). Most people find cold hard machiavellian actions gut wrenchingly repulsive. You cannot self-rationalize that you are good person if you commit or support repulsive actions. That's why in games such as PnW, people in power who are perceived to be abusing power tend to lose that power faster. 

Obviously, people exist on a spectrum. Some care more about being good than others, but one needs the support of the many to establish and maintain power. 

• Upvote 2

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

Half the fun of this game is whining about CBs tho.

I think this war it had more to do when people try to make up CBs, then claim "CB's don't matter".  Can't have your cake and eat it.  That and using OOC twisting to benefit an alliance, IC.  I don't think anyone wants OOC brought into this game.  i.e. IRL witchhunts over OOC/IRL things.  I've seen that go south very fast in other games.

My 2 cents. 

-Again it's proven that numbers matter so much less in this game.  Sheer numbers don't necessarily mean a win. 

-Beiging with nukes is ruining war.  Should be removed from the game.  Too much beige imo.

-Mensa and tS impressed me militarily, well done.

-Never seen a war end that abruptly, but I pretty much know most of the reasons why

-Hope we never see another proxy war like this.  I hope people reassess how they do treaties, but I suspect it will not change.  (TEst, wins best view on treaties yet again. :P)

-Glad to see reps a part of this game.  I like what they add to things and nothing's been so insanely large.

• Upvote 1

I dont think nuke beiging is ruining war, it just adds another wrinkle you need to plan for when you fight.  I know I used it to my advantage this war.

I have to admit, when Mensa leadership allowed me to get my feet wet to plan out a 2nd wave ( 3rd wave maybe? ) attack - it was a pain in the ass to plan around nations that got nuke beiged.

• Downvote 1

-Beiging with nukes is ruining war.  Should be removed from the game.  Too much beige imo.

A very simple solution. Don't nuke then. 

Having options in the game is good, and allows for different tactics and such. Therefore let alliances and individuals decide what they believe is the most optimum, and then put it to the test. That's one of the reasons why watching the last war was fairly enjoyable. It involved quite a lot of strategy on many levels. Just further limiting the game by taking some features out isn't adding anything to the game.

• Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

A very simple solution. Don't nuke then. 

Having options in the game is good, and allows for different tactics and such. Therefore let alliances and individuals decide what they believe is the most optimum, and then put it to the test. That's one of the reasons why watching the last war was fairly enjoyable. It involved quite a lot of strategy on many levels. Just further limiting the game by taking some features out isn't adding anything to the game.

Nukes are the best, Everyone get nukes!!! and use them, all the time!! 

Ole2.png

Nukes are the best, Everyone get nukes!!! and use them, all the time!! 

Haha. Yeah that was pretty much what the consensus seemed to be with the vast majority of the community. I think UPN is one of the few alliances that haven't placed massive investments into nukes because we don't think they are particularly effective in most scenarios that we are likely to find ourselves in.

I like having the option of them though, and there are certain situations when they are beneficial (whether they are cost effective at this stage of the game is another debate.) But removing them does nothing apart from further constrict options. As far as I am concerned, the more options, the more strategies... and therefore more fun to be had. 

• Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Haha. Yeah that was pretty much what the consensus seemed to be with the vast majority of the community. I think UPN is one of the few alliances that haven't placed massive investments into nukes because we don't think they are particularly effective in most scenarios that we are likely to find ourselves in.

I like having the option of them though, and there are certain situations when they are beneficial (whether they are cost effective at this stage of the game is another debate.) But removing them does nothing apart from further constrict options. As far as I am concerned, the more options, the more strategies... and therefore more fun to be had. 

We should start a conventional warriors club, you and us ;)

• Upvote 1
wF9Bjre.gif

Nukes have their place. I know the main strategy is to not beige your opponent so more folks can jump them and ride them down to Z-Infra, but if you get blitzed by several folks at once with no real way to counter, dropping a few nukes could be a good equalizer. Think the end of the first Predator movie.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

Nukes have their place. I know the main strategy is to not beige your opponent so more folks can jump them and ride them down to Z-Infra, but if you get blitzed by several folks at once with no real way to counter, dropping a few nukes could be a good equalizer. Think the end of the first Predator movie.

No, that just !@#$ you over more as your allies have no way to help you

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

*may be abit late but ah well*

CB?!... who cares

Signature removed due to rule violation. All posts/imagery with text must be in English.

^ Totally not true I've seen tons of sigs with ' imagery not in english ' and so have you !!

' The Revolution shall not be silenced ' - Reznikov

So decom all of your nukes then if you think they are not needed.

tumblr_m6wp9aTxoP1r4yezmo4_1280.jpg

We thank the Coach for his advice, though we do not recall hearing any exploits of his. . .apart from not knowing how to use nukes.

• Upvote 2

php9BQiIRAM.jpg