can this topic get past the mods

stetonic

Personally, I don't think we should put a cap on things. And I'm a very small nation, but I see no reason we can't allow nations to eventually grow past the size of Belgium (the real life country, not the in-game ex-country). Let them continue to grow, the game has only been around for a year.

Personally, I don't think we should put a cap on things. And I'm a very small nation, but I see no reason we can't allow nations to eventually grow past the size of Belgium (the real life country, not the in-game ex-country). Let them continue to grow, the game has only been around for a year.

It's dynamic friend.

• Upvote 1

My reply to the locked topic that had a very solid and dynamic suggestion:

Note the constructive ideas that support this dynamic change.

First I'd like to point out...why not make the "cap" something pretty high that people won't achieve for a while. Doesn't that make the nation building aspect of it more exciting for a longer period of time? Why make a cap that everyone can achieve relatively easily and then all sit around wondering what next to do because there's a cap in the first place?

I'm against the idea of implementing a cap myself, gives me less to strive for in terms of nation building, especially if it's something pretty low.

Well what to do next, in my humble opinion, should be to build your alliance up.  Once they generally near the cap you can use the meta game to coordinate for wars.  This should increase activity in alliances and in diplomacy.  Politics and War is the name of the game after all.

Undoubtedly I will be warned for daring to suggest a positive change while not being part of the BGEs (Browser Game Experts).

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

Good job, guys, you're sure showing them! Way to be the bigger man, fighting for a constructive future.  :rolleyes:

Solid example of a post with constructive evidence.  I shall take your example as I move forward as the standard.  Thank you sir!

• Upvote 1

Good job, guys, you're sure showing them! Way to be the bigger man, fighting for a constructive future.  :rolleyes:

Well Kurdanak we are handicapped enough as it is considering our mediocre at best intellect (unlike the BGE), slap a formal 24 hours on top and what chance do we have.

God damn.....why is everyone crying about making everything in the world fair and even for everyone. I'll bet the folks suggesting these caps were always the first kid thrown out in dodge ball and last picked on the recess kick ball team. I'd beat most of the top 50 have been around since day one and those who are complaining about wanting things fair and even were folks who started late or got blasted in a couple of wars and now they are behind in their growth. I'll I have to say is "Do you folks want some cheese with that wine"!?!

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

God damn.....why is everyone crying about making everything in the world fair and even for everyone. I'll bet the folks suggesting these caps were always the first kid thrown out in dodge ball and last picked on the recess kick ball team. I'd beat most of the top 50 have been around since day one and those who are complaining about wanting things fair and even were folks who started late or got blasted in a couple of wars and now they are behind in their growth. I'll I have to say is "Do you folks want some cheese with that wine"!?!

Great post coach.  The world is not fair.

Let's cap the number of soldiers a nation can have. 30,000 soldiers can beat 8,000 soldiers easily, and that's not fair.

Let's cap the number of nations an alliance can have. No alliance should have more than 10 members, it makes it unfair.

Let's cap the amount of income a nation should have. No nation should make more than $200,000 net a day. It gives richer nations an advantage over newer players.

/s

But no, seriously, I'm the type of person that loves to keep growing. If there's no end-goal to achieve because it's ''capped'' for ''equality'' then what's the point?

Putting artificial barriers in the game that serves no real practical purpose hurts the game.

new_forum_sig_2.png

You guys are being ridiculous.

The cap proposed on spies was proposed by me, not anyone with a low quantity of spies. It was my own, original idea. Why does the spy system have to be like everything else? This !@#$ everyone is spewing about capping everything else in the game is ridiculous. 

The spy system was built around the idea that people would not have hundreds of spies. A hard cap across the board would make things more interesting, mid-tier nations could coordinate against larger nations, and vice-versa. This whole game is about how long you've played and how big you are, why does making one little facet unlike the rest suddenly mean that everyone has to be the same in everything? It doesn't. 

I think if you would take the time to seriously consider the idea instead of jumping aboard the "cap everything derplolz" train, you might find that you actually like it. But please, don't let me interrupt you all from acting like jackasses.

While I don't like the decision, I'm not gonna be an !@#$ about it and good for you, for standing by your decision. 

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

The cap proposed on spies was proposed by me, not anyone with a low quantity of spies. It was my own, original idea. Why does the spy system have to be like everything else? This !@#$ everyone is spewing about capping everything else in the game is ridiculous. 

The spy system was built around the idea that people would not have hundreds of spies. A hard cap across the board would make things more interesting, mid-tier nations could coordinate against larger nations, and vice-versa. This whole game is about how long you've played and how big you are, why does making one little facet unlike the rest suddenly mean that everyone has to be the same in everything? It doesn't. 

I think if you would take the time to seriously consider the idea instead of jumping aboard the "cap everything derplolz" train, you might find that you actually like it. But please, don't let me interrupt you all from acting like jackasses.

o7 Sheepy.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

Apologies Sheepy we've all been jackasses as you say. Your dev group have all acted with the highest character fitting their great intellect and virtue naturally of course. 

They didn't arrogantly post on here and IRC or anything to inflame the situation and create a larger push back oh no. 

Putting the sarcasm aside by not addressing them you've damaged my trust in such a group in it's totality. Not to say all people in it have acted badly of course, but with no transparency I can only assume that those who shout loudest have the most influence. There is a simple solution to that of course, but my most recent suggestion wasn't a joke so that is that.

Have a lovely day.

You can only have 11 coal max on hand. It would encourage multiple logins per day to buy more coal, and more credits would be purchased to buy the coal at ridiculously inflated prices.

/s

Edited by Ren
  • Upvote 1

It is a bad look when the admin stoops to calling players jackasses. 

It's also not too much to expect disappointed players to express their opinions in legitimate threads/polls rather than a bunch of mock discussions.

..well.. this is the internet, I suppose.

• Upvote 1

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

These emotional outbursts are a large factor as to why some people aren't added to the development discussion. Also, please note that all we do in there is discuss, we don't create the changes and we don't have power over the game - all we do is offer suggestions about things we think could help the game. Not everything in there is agreed upon either, there is a lot of disagreement and debate over the various topics. You can't get upset when you aren't included in things like this when all you do to show you are displeased is post !@#$ on the forums that attack the people who can help your situation. 

• Upvote 2

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif