Official Terradoxia Government Announcement

Josh Freer

Well, there are talks about how a "Terradoxia Massacre" might happen and the disastrous political fallout that will happen if we kept quiet so we decided it will be better to come clean.

Yeah, but that's just it. It is extremely transparent that that is the only reason why you've made this topic...

Sorry, but as leadership you are responsible for a higher level of awareness and diligence. Anyone with a calculator and half a brain could see last187's growth was unsustainable. Investigate a bit deeper and the others I'm sure could be proven as well. To claim you knew nothing is tantamount to admission of overall government ineptitude. The fact that many of the perpetrators were gov just makes it even worse.

I do wish Terradoxia luck in overcoming this, but let's not mince words here.

Not only are the duties of leading a top 10 alliance extremely taxing, being a college student and having a life outside of the internet takes up a lot of time. We do not monitor the growth of our nations after they reach a certain income, so that we can spend more time building up our smaller nations. 

You are correct, that we are responsible for everything that goes on in our alliance. However, we did not suspect that members of our alliance were involved in exploits as they would have been reported and removed from the alliance. 

Yeah, but that's just it. It is extremely transparent that that is the only reason why you've made this topic...

*shrug*

I don't about you but I'm pretty sure being abandon by our allies, get gang-up by all of Orbis and receiving the reputation of "The Cheating Alliance" is not "just it"

*shrug*

I don't about you but I'm pretty sure being abandon by our allies, get gang-up by all of Orbis and receiving the reputation of "The Cheating Alliance" is not "just it"

Uhm, I think you are reading my post wrongly :P

I disagree. This doesn't do anything except bring more attention to the fact that they had widespread cheating in their alliance. No one is going to believe their innocence or guilt based on this topic since, as saeton mentioned, this is exactly what you'd see from someone guilty. I am not saying that this makes them guilty or that I think they are, because frankly, I have no clue, but they would have been better off simply staying silent and answering any questions they received in private.

Of course they probably had another reason for making this topic as well...

Josh and I agreed that it would be best to address the situation rather than avoid addressing it altogether. Those who cheated will be removed from Terradoxia and dealt with appropriately by Sheepy and Malone. This situation is extremely disturbing to those of us who were not involved. We're caught in the middle of it all and have to deal with it and move forward. 

• Upvote 1

Not only are the duties of leading a top 10 alliance extremely taxing, being a college student and having a life outside of the internet takes up a lot of time. We do not monitor the growth of our nations after they reach a certain income, so that we can spend more time building up our smaller nations. 

You are correct, that we are responsible for everything that goes on in our alliance. However, we did not suspect that members of our alliance were involved in exploits as they would have been reported and removed from the alliance. 

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6569-potential-multis/

This thread has more than enough proof that last187 should not be in any alliance that wishes to be considered reputable... let alone be made gov. Note how it was made in May.

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 6

This thread has more than enough proof that last187 should not be in any alliance that wishes to be considered reputable... let alone be made gov. Note how it was made in May.

At no point previous to the UST-Paradoxia merge was I aware of the accusations made against former Paradoxia members. I would never willing have entered into such an agreement to merge had I been knowledgeable of these accusations. Why? Because UST would have nothing to gain, but everything to lose. 

• Upvote 1

At no point previous to the UST-Paradoxia merge was I aware of the accusations made against former Paradoxia members. I would never willing have entered into such an agreement to merge had I been knowledgeable of these accusations. Why? Because UST would have nothing to gain, but everything to lose.

Like Morgan stated above, it's not our job to keep watch over every single multi thread that keeps popping up.

If a member of our alliance violate the rule Sheepy can just ban them instantly and notify us afterward for all I care.

That was after your merger, but clearly last187 was lying. His defense of his actions were absolutely appalling and the whole time he failed to proved substantial evidence of what he was doing.

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6567-is-last187-cheating/

This is also a thread he made about the whole issue and has been known to cheat before and admitted to it.

Though I am glad he finally got what he deserved, that dirty liar. This really made my day anyways that this issue is finally coming to light. Talerong it may not be your job to check all multi threads but it is your job to make sure your alliance leadership is actually competent and not a deceiving, cheating den of exploiters and report anything you find out asap. Last187 has been cheating for a while and your response is hilariously delayed.

I regret not informing you of the incident in May but I wrongly assumed last187 and your gov would be informed and discussing about what he was doing and saying on the forums.

• Upvote 2

As a member of Terradoxia I am quite saddened by this. I joined the Alliance a month ago, and, having received grants, am now doing better (still terrible though), but I was completely unaware of any cheating. I wish that we can hopefully pull through this and move on. 

It is a real shame as I admired Last187's nation as It was so far ahead of everyone else. Turns out this is why.

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

I agree with Mayor (ew) and Hodor.

You should of had, at the very least, a suspicion that last187 was cheating. Everyone else had it. To blindly accept his money without making sure he was legit is irresponsible.

• Upvote 2
6XmKiC2.png

I agree with Mayor (ew) and Hodor.

You should of had, at the very least, a suspicion that last187 was cheating. Everyone else had it. To blindly accept his money without making sure he was legit is irresponsible.

Not one bit, our growth program has been active ever since we were still UST which was funded by a few top players (no cheaters mind you) so it's not impossible to think that we would receive more funds after merging with Paradoxia (which has, I dunno, 4-5 top players?).

In case you haven't known already, TDX have a very very inactive community (have you seen our forum and irc?) and only gathered when big stuff (VE war) happens so we don't really know much about each other, in some case not even bother to care.

Before this, all I know about last187 can be sum up as:

- Oh, so this guy in our alliance is the #1 player, neat ~

*close tab*

Edited by Talerong

Not one bit, our growth program has been active ever since we were still UST which was funded by a few top players (no cheaters mind you) so it's not impossible to think that we would receive more funds after merging with Paradoxia (which has, I dunno, 4-5 top players?).

In case you haven't known already, TDX have a very very inactive community (have you seen our forum and irc?) and only gathered when big stuff (VE war) happens so we don't really know much about each other, in some case not even bother to care.

Before this, all I know about last187 can be sum up as:

- Oh, so this guy in our alliance is the #1 player, neat ~

*close tab*

so you didn't use any of their tax money eh?

I don't really get the backlash at the initial stance of not taking public questions about cheating allegations. 

This isn't a playground (well maybe it is), governments rarely take sensitive questions from reporters or the public. 

IpHGyGc.png

I don't really get the backlash at the initial stance of not taking public questions about cheating allegations. 

This isn't a playground (well maybe it is), governments rarely take sensitive questions from reporters or the public. 

To be fair there are only three questions: Did they know,what did they know and when did they know?

Yet,if they knew anything it is fully expected that they would deny it anyway.

so there really is no point in asking.

It does seem like there was a inner group that was actively cheating whilst the others were just so inactive/incompetent etc. to even notice. Neither of which is quite flattering :P

The fact that they held leadership/government positions is also disturbing.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

We support and will continue to support our allies in overcoming this obstacle. They are trying to handle fallout from Last's fiasco and want to reassure their members and the members of Orbis. While no post can every be 100% verified as truthful, I believe Morgan and Josh in this case, as I do in all other cases. Both are impeccable characters and great players. I hope the rest of orbis can see this in due time. Sheepy will find those responsible and punish them accordingly, and if he claims Morgan and Josh are innoncent, then I hope no undue hardships come upon them personally or TDX as a whole. 

Also, what's with all the cheating lately? Can't we just play a game and have fun without ruining things for everyone? :S 

@ Pol Pot

@ Last

@ Others...

[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously 

I don't think Last would of included Morgan or any of his UST friends in on the cheating, simply because I don't think Last saw them as competent enough to be involved without letting the cat out of the bag. That's just what I think his perspective probably was, based on my past interaction with him. The current gov could very well be guilty, but I don't think so because the cheating cartel probably wasn't exactly inclusive of new people. Based on the list so far, it's pretty clear those involved have distinct (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)/PN connections, something I don't think Last shared with Morgan or anyone in UST. 

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Speaking as a member of Terradoxia, that thread was NOT prior to the merger, but well after. And this whole scandal was not some unexpected shock; especially being in the same alliance as last187, this could easily be seen coming.

Also, one other thing might be noted. Although I am quite sure you are very busy in RL, Morgan, it was disgracefully obvious that last187 and crew were cheating. Admittedly I do virtually nothing in the alliance and just focus on my own nation, and even I noticed the oddities clearly enough that I was among the accusers fielding evidence in the thread mentioned above by Hodor.

Therefore, since you do on occasion handle bank transactions and the like, you certainly cannot simply say that there was no clue of this going on. Last187 was throwing $40,000,000+ donations into the bank for "distribution," and reasonably often as well; I seldom make any transactions with the bank and even I was well aware of that.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not accusing you of exploiting as well, but I find it highly improbable that Terradoxia's officials had no idea of the obvious exploitation going on, as far less active members like myself had little trouble picking up what was happening.

• Upvote 2

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

It looks like other than banning the people caught directly cheating, nothing is going to happen to the people and alliances who benefited from the exploit (unknowingly or otherwise). That's a bummer; game imbalance made permanent. 

Well said Avruch.

I don't mean to be rude but Terradoxia is not the only alliance involved in this ~ we're just heavily involved and we actually posted a announcement about it.

By kicking every single person who benefited from this, knew about it out basically you would have to kick hundreds of people in alliances, illegal trade circles, etc.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Well said Avruch.

I don't mean to be rude but Terradoxia is not the only alliance involved in this ~ we're just heavily involved and we actually posted a announcement about it.

By kicking every single person who benefited from this, knew about it out basically you would have to kick hundreds of people in alliances, illegal trade circles, etc.

You weren't the only ones but the extent to which Terradoxia was involved and how ignorant they were of what was going on by far makes them the worst culprit.

• Upvote 1

You weren't the only ones but the extent to which Terradoxia was involved and how ignorant they were of what was going on by far makes them the worst culprit.

We received exploited money. We didn't know. We'll work with Sheepy and Malone to find a way to reverse our unfair advantage. We didn't intend for our own members to send us those funds, because we unaware that they were not legit. I'm not sure what other answer to give you. 

We received exploited money. We didn't know. We'll work with Sheepy and Malone to find a way to reverse our unfair advantage. We didn't intend for our own members to send us those funds, because we unaware that they were not legit. I'm not sure what other answer to give you. 

If it actually works out this way, and Terradoxia returns any gains that came from the exploit, I think that's great and you deserve applause and congratulations. We should encourage other individuals and alliances to make the same pledge. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks Avruch for your kind words. 

I personally have already pledged to be as helpful as I can and to allow any investigations into my nation and the alliance.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg