A Thorny Subject, but a Blooming Good Time

Kurdanak

eI7L8bi.png

Greetings, my fellow Orblings! (or whatever the hell we're calling ourselves these days :P)

Rose is a proud alliance with a very colourful history. I come before all of you today to announce the results and progress of what has been one of the most significant weeks in Rose history. I apologize for the delay in getting this announcement out.

To start, Rose has gone through major governmental shifts, featuring Angelus stepping down as Emperor and appointing myself as the Third Emperor of Rose in this realm. Angelus is one of the toughest leaders I know, and I assure you, this certainly does not mean Angelus couldn't take the pressure. He and I are similar in many ways, while also being different in many ways. It's those key differences in leading style that justify this change. He knows what is best for Rose, even if it means stepping down. Instead of simply promising not to let you and Rose as a whole down, to make you proud, I intend to prove it through my actions as Emperor. Your fierce love for Rose continues to shines bright, Angelus - I thank you for your service, my friend! o/

Moving on from Emperor, I'd absolutely be a fool if I were to let Rose's newest Imperator Emeritus plainly retire. I am very happy to announce that Angelus has accepted my request to provide me with his invaluable input and advice as Regent.

Up next, we have an ex-Imperial Guardsmen and internal affairs expert, HouseofJacks, who has accepted my request to lend his boundless experience as Lord of Internal Affairs!

A renowned member who's dear to all of our hearts, in and out of Rose, in all his...glory? Sure, let's go with that. :PAbbas Mehdi will be joining our government once again as Lord of Foreign Affairs!

Through my time in Rose, I've made plenty of loyal friends and met countless individuals with fascinating experience in government. Our second returning Rose government member, without a doubt, falls under both of those categories - Keegoz will be continuing on as our Lord of Economics!

At first, we weren't too certain who deserved to be trusted with the trialsome task of handling Rose's military affairs. However, it's already crystal clear that we've made the right choice in choosing Ranoik as our dependable Lord of War!

Along with the changes in high government, our Imperial Guard will be going through some major changes, with each Guardsmen having a specific duty in Rose, much like each of our Lords. Appointments in this area will occur rather often, therefore, for future reference, you can find all current Imperial Guardsmen in our on-forums government listing (appointments to come).

Now for the part that I'm sure many of you have been waiting for - the act of treason against Rose, in the form of information leaks. For those out of the loop, our Lord of Resources at that time, Cyradis, had leaked screenshots that were picked out to paint our friends in a bad light, along with our views towards them. Later, OOC logs were leaked as well, all done through anonymous Google docs dropped in public IRC channel(s). This was all in an attempt to create a negative atmosphere meant to sabotage Rose. However, despite this attempt, Rose endured the strife with good spirit and continues to recover and prosper, as we always will. Things were said that never should have reached discussion, and I deeply apologize for that. Obviously, my views do not reflect what was included in the leaks (hence why I wasn't in any of them). Rose condemns these actions, and we assure you that we have been striving for diplomacy, if at all possible. One way or another, retribution will be found.

Before I'm done, I'd like to personally thank my government for sticking with me throughout what has been and continues to be the most trialsome time in my history of government work. I thank you not just as your Emperor, but as your friend. Angelus, HouseofJacks, Abbas, Keegoz, Ranoik, Chaos, Phrogg, Pubstomper - I owe you one, gentlemen.

The same goes for each and every member of Rose.

Alexander von Brant, Angel Disease, Aphelion, Bagpuss, belgrade10, Cerburus, Charsch, Codonian, Conrad Abteilungsche, Destruction and War, Dietrich, Eragon, Ezio Auditore, Faendal, Filthy Fifths, Ganos Lal, Garrett Tipton, Gorogorszag, Grandmaster Chad, Iodine, Jejoshua, John Henry Holliday, John Jefferson, Jorji, Joshua Nowland, Jroc, Kill, Kokeaed, Lansquenete, Lardbelly, Lilac Veritas, Matthews5226, Nao, Omega, Richard Frutiger, Roger Campbell, Seryozha Nikanor, Seth, Siber the Just, Sjorien, Snow, snowymcsnow, Taliburn, Teredona, Twilight Sparkle, Virgil, Wildmask, Willvasco, WireItUp, Wrath of God

For staying loyal throughout this, I commend you all.

I'd also like to personally thank my friends outside of Rose who were affected by the leaks for their support and understanding during this time. You stayed engaged in communications with us, day to day, making this entire situation extraordinarily less of a headache. Through our embassies, through IRC queries, it's apparent that hope was not lost. Your patience will not go wasted. Prefontaine and Guardian, Cody K and Seven Kingdoms, Impero and Viridian Entente, Partisan and the Syndicate - I'd buy you a drink anytime. I also thank Jackson/last187 and The European Empire for their support (love you guys), along with Thulium and the World Wrestling Federation for being so damn handsome, and ElPinchazo and Terminus Est for providing the alcohol needed to make it through this past week or so. We couldn't ask for more. \o/

Major changes have already occurred so early in this year, and I can assure you that there's much, much change to come for Rose under myself and my government. A long and prosperous season in Rose's history is about to spring forth. Stay tuned, folks, for a Rose may wilt in winter, but never truly dies.

As always, we encourage everyone to stop by #rose and have a chat, or by our forums at - http://rosepw.net/

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1

"Thank you Pubstomper" - You're welcome Kurd.

• Upvote 2

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

o/ Rose

o/ Kurdanak

Its been a crazy ride, but we will overcome, we will prosper. We have trudged forward through the darkness together.

To better days

To clear skies

• Upvote 1

Angelus

Imperator Emeritus of Rose

Second Emperor of Rose

Former Keeper of the Records, or what not

o/ Angelus

o/ Kurdanak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Pubstomper?

Thank you all for you service to Rose

As the new Lord of War, I promise to do all I can to defend Rose, advance her interests both home and abroad, and make her enemies quake in fear of our jackboots...and in the absence of enemies, I will devote all of Rose's military might to distributing out puppies and kittens to each and everyone of our glorious members!

o/ Hail Rose \o

• Upvote 1

Congrats rose, good luck with the new gov

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I will devote all of Rose's military might to distributing out puppies and kittens to each and everyone of our glorious members!

Twist: After a month or so, plenty of time to get connected with their new companions, we slaughter them in front of their eyes. Can't be having any of that silly mercy thing in Rose, now can we?
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Well said, Kurdanak.  You have my respect.  Angelus and Keegoz are among those I count as long time friends who I know will continue to strengthen Rose, even if you did keep Abbas on board.  (jk Abbas, you know I can't miss an opportunity!)

c3Ct0v4.png

Dammit Abbas is still in gov..

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!