Jump to content
HopeSolo

Statement on Spanish Armada's In-Game Activity & Mutual Destruction

Recommended Posts

How long did the war with TKR/Guardian/GOB/TCW last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

How long did the war with TKR/Guardian/GOB/TCW last?

More than one round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James II said:

 

TEst should have known hitting an Alpha alliance wouldn't end quickly. They always get whiney when they have to fight more than one round. This is like the fifth time they hit Alpha related nations. They war those nations more than any other. I don't understand Pre's obsession. 

We hit Alpha once, unless you count us hitting them during papers please to put tS and Alpha on the same side in a war. We've hit an Alpha splinter once. We've also not complained once about it going more than one round, we've complained about them not attacking us more and giving this mutual assured destruction. You know the opposite of complaining about it not ending. 

 

But hey, I get it. You're from Steve-land. You don't live in reality. Facts are lost upon you. Please enjoy your complimentary helmet and leave the words to the grown ups. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 11:08 PM, HopeSolo said:

i love how this community praises those who peace out without complaining about getting rolled for no reason and without hardly declaring any offensive wars or helping those that it helped get rolled.

but if you don't give someone an easy 1-round win you are considered stupid, salty, or "clueless". 

the bottom half of TEst has no spies left due to it's horrible tactics and as a result while we bulk up, we can have some fun with them from beige. new spy system has some nice benefits.  lol Prefontaine's 4 spies left, Valkorion Baratheon 10 left, the list goes on and on.

not going to win the war, but get ganged up on but still being able to spy 10-20k tanks a day makes me laugh.

 

Tbh, I didn't expect y'all to do much after several of you built up 12 MAPs to launch nukes and then delayed the chance to let them drop, wasting MAP regen. Thought the whole "wartime activity" thing was a joke. 

 

With that being said, nice job on your spy coordination. Nice to see that activity back. It's not fun if you don't fight back. 

 

As I said before, I love war. We all should. Why sit around for months doing absolutely nothing? No point in playing the game then imo. Therefore, I thank you guys for continuing to fight after Round 1. Once again, am looking forward to Rounds 2,3,4, etc. TEst is going to have fun and I hope SA does too.

Edited by Valkorion Baratheon
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, James II said:

TEst should have known hitting an Alpha alliance wouldn't end quickly. They always get whiney when they have to fight more than one round. This is like the fifth time they hit Alpha related nations. They war those nations more than any other. I don't understand Pre's obsession. 

 

Welp. Nobody's whining, famalam. SA can nuke us for as long as they wish. And again, Pre had nothing to do with the hit on SA. It's perfectly natural that TEst ended up fighting Alpha / alliances with several former Alpha nations, simply because there's not many upper tier alliances out there, which has always been the case.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

We hit Alpha once, unless you count us hitting them during papers please to put tS and Alpha on the same side in a war. We've hit an Alpha splinter once. We've also not complained once about it going more than one round, we've complained about them not attacking us more and giving this mutual assured destruction. You know the opposite of complaining about it not ending. 

 

But hey, I get it. You're from Steve-land. You don't live in reality. Facts are lost upon you. Please enjoy your complimentary helmet and leave the words to the grown ups. 

You hit Alpha only once? You've been obssesed with Alpha ever since we denied you gov.

When you made up that CB with Sparta

Edited by James II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Buorhann said:

How long did the war with TKR/Guardian/GOB/TCW last?

About 3 weeks. I think 19 days

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, Buorhann said:

How long did the war with TKR/Guardian/GOB/TCW last?

Nowhere near long enough. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

Nowhere near long enough. 

Though from what I heard it was Fark gov who wanted to peace out quickly and was the party who started peace talks. Though from my recollection you were definitely the most fun in Fark, balls-to-the-walls. So o7 Nuke Gods.

Having 10 or so more nations to spy to keep the spies down in TEst's lower tier would've sure been nice. Welp, we'll move on, never did receive much protection from that alliance anyway. My they disband in peace unless that's changing now from what they told us before.

Edited by R Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oqPk8AV.png

 

Huh, he went into Vacation Mode just a few turns before coming off of beige..... It seems that someone is trying to deny Khorne of his blood. No matter. We'll just spill twice the amount from the remaining members to make up for it. Blood for the Blood God! 

 

Seriously though.... I thought the deal was not to go down without a fight. Also thought we were supposed to have some fun for the "coming weeks." Looks kinda like at least one of the thirteen gave up already. 719 turns / 12 turns per day = Just shy of 60 days in VM. 60 days / 7 days in a week = Over 8 weeks..... I was looking forward to this.... looks like we're going to get some serious blue balls if this keeps up...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, R Johnson said:

Though from what I heard it was Fark gov who wanted to peace out quickly and was the party who started peace talks. Though from my recollection you were definitely the most fun in Fark, balls-to-the-walls. So o7 Nuke Gods.

Having 10 or so more nations to spy to keep the spies down in TEst's lower tier would've sure been nice. Welp, we'll move on, never did receive much protection from that alliance anyway. My they disband in peace unless that's changing now from what they told us before.

I had just gotten to zi and was 2 turns from coming out of beige with a bit of mil to bump my score up and nuke those tkr cowards while they couldn't do a damn thing back when peace got declared. Such bad timing, that's what Fark was built for. While Fark was forged long ago under the oppressive thumb of NPO and knows how to handle it, we weren't gonna drag our allies down that road ill prepared for it. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

I had just gotten to zi and was 2 turns from coming out of beige with a bit of mil to bump my score up and nuke those tkr cowards while they couldn't do a damn thing back when peace got declared. Such bad timing, that's what Fark was built for. While Fark was forged long ago under the oppressive thumb of NPO and knows how to handle it, we weren't gonna drag our allies down that road ill prepared for it. 

That's a respectable sentiment

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also an amusing sentiment. Not only because his NS was always high enough for some nations (even little ones) to declare on him (which they also did) because of the number of his cities and projects but also because there was nothing to be afraid of against NB since you all just used nukes and that was it. I would've declared on you even if I had only had 10 cities because you would've done jackshit except for nuking and that didn't hurt us.

Heck, we had all of our nations (except for 2-3 inactive-ish ones) rebuilt 4 days after the war ended. As if 50-100 nukes would've made much of a difference about that. Not to mention that Fark was the only alliance towards the end of the war that had a noticeable number of nukes left anyway. So your allies were also out of options since regular fighting was off the table 10 minutes after the first declaration on the first day of war. x)

Edited by Mitsuru
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

It's also an amusing sentiment. Not only because his NS was always high enough for some nations (even little ones) to declare on him (which they also did) because of the number of his cities and projects but also because there was nothing to be afraid of against NB since you all just used nukes and that was it. I would've declared on you even if I had only had 10 cities because you would've done jackshit except for nuking and that didn't hurt us.

Heck, we had all of our nations (except for 2-3 inactive-ish ones) rebuilt 4 days after the war ended. As if 50-100 nukes would've made much of a difference about that. Not to mention that Fark was the only alliance towards the end of the war that had a noticeable number of nukes left anyway. So your allies were also out of options since regular fighting was off the table 10 minutes after the first declaration on the first day of war. x)

I went over this with Grumpy in another thread so I'll just summarize: Nukes hurt.

Just because you've got the fat to cover it doesn't mean that they aren't still a real cost to eat on a daily basis; every dollar spent rebuilding is a dollar not spent on growth, attacking, defending, or most importantly keno.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that even if they're out of Nukes, they can still build one during that day and it cannot be touched from Spies.  So if they manage their MAPs properly, they can pull a nuke off each day.

Or double buy military and hit conventionally, whichever is more useful at the time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

It's also an amusing sentiment. Not only because his NS was always high enough for some nations (even little ones) to declare on him (which they also did) because of the number of his cities and projects but also because there was nothing to be afraid of against NB since you all just used nukes and that was it. I would've declared on you even if I had only had 10 cities because you would've done jackshit except for nuking and that didn't hurt us.

 Heck, we had all of our nations (except for 2-3 inactive-ish ones) rebuilt 4 days after the war ended. As if 50-100 nukes would've made much of a difference about that. Not to mention that Fark was the only alliance towards the end of the war that had a noticeable number of nukes left anyway. So your allies were also out of options since regular fighting was off the table 10 minutes after the first declaration on the first day of war. x)

Let me know when you cowardly EMC pieces of shit fight anywhere near as outnumbered as we were and are able to do anywhere near the damage we did. Youre going to hemorrhage members big time when you do get in a losing fight, because the numbers you recruit are soft little !@#$es who are only united by their penchant for overwhelming numerical superiority so they can masturbate to how "gud" they are.

SA has the cajones to fight the good fight, but TEst also arent the spineless morans EMC are. Asymmetric war isnt about stats, its about collective willpower, something SA and TEst have way more of than EMC.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I went over this with Grumpy in another thread so I'll just summarize: Nukes hurt.

Just because you've got the fat to cover it doesn't mean that they aren't still a real cost to eat on a daily basis; every dollar spent rebuilding is a dollar not spent on growth, attacking, defending, or most importantly keno.

 

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Keep in mind that even if they're out of Nukes, they can still build one during that day and it cannot be touched from Spies.  So if they manage their MAPs properly, they can pull a nuke off each day.

Or double buy military and hit conventionally, whichever is more useful at the time.

You're both correct in what you're saying and I'm also aware that if other people had been in the NB's respective governments (or at least in some of them) then this could've lasted waaay longer. And I actually expected it to last longer. But it was someone from Grumpy I think who said in one of the threads about that war back then that if a bloc uses its nukes for such a long time to antagonize people and ask them to hit them just so that they can use their nukes, then they should not be surprised if eventually someone takes them up on that offer even if it's going to be costly.

The "antagonize" thing being said, except for maybe 2-3 people who were overly vocal about their negative feelings towards us, there were more people from NB I didn't "know" before that I somewhat knew afterwards that I think of as very nice people now. :)

 

6 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

~snip~

You never fail to amuse me with your replies. ^^

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Keep in mind that even if they're out of Nukes, they can still build one during that day and it cannot be touched from Spies.  So if they manage their MAPs properly, they can pull a nuke off each day.

Or double buy military and hit conventionally, whichever is more useful at the time.

Buorhann, that assumes that they know how to manage their MAPs.  For people that claim they're going to rain down destruction on anyone that attacks, they do a pretty poor job at making sure that they can actually open the skies.  Granted, I was in VM due to being out of country and on vacation for a significant chunk of the time, but I recall reading a significant number of instances where some of our members couldn't believe that their opponent had reached 12 maps and sat there for half a day or more before logging in to launch a nuke.  Once I can understand.  I've been there, done that.  But to have an entire alliance doing that multiple times over the course of a couple of days, that reeks of incompetence.

Basically all I've seen in this thread is SA attempting to save face by declaring a bunch of wars that they ended up getting crushed on to launch a couple of nukes where they end up doing significantly less damage taking.  After having what remained of their nukes spied away, they start ranting about how TEst has something against Alpha, which is just a deflection away from how badly they've managed their war effort.

To the spying effort, I'd like to happily report that all of SA's spies have been effectively neutered.  Based upon the latest intel we've recieved, here's a list of their spies that they have.  Keep in mind, some of the numbers may be high or a little off, but are accurate enough for coordination and general viewing reasons. 

image.png.06c571dd181ebd73b1b18b2e1061a6dd.png

Additionally, for all of their vaulted accolades of killing half of TEst's spies, let's keep in mind that a lot of SA's people were so low on score that no one was able to actually offensively attack their spies unless they are in a war with them, which has been impossible for the past few days as ALL of SA is on beige.  But don't worry, now that we've effectively killed their spies, we'll make sure to rebuild our lower tier's spy ranks to ensure we can keep sitting on them from a spy perspective too.

Edit: We should note that a second person has gone into VM in SA to continue the amazing amount of destruction that is being rained down upon us.  RIP Loxy.  

Edited by Bambino
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bambino said:

Buorhann, that assumes that they know how to manage their MAPs. 

-Snip the rest-


I mean, I did say if they manage their MAPs properly, but to get to the meat of your post - you made a comment about players sitting on 12 MAPs, therefore wasting any future MAPs since you're capped.

While I can understand that perspective, some players (Like myself) sit on 12 MAPs to wait on double buying.  At some point, you'll be zeroed out or overwhelmed by multiple players, so you wait patiently with your MAPs to use them at a certain time (When your opponents aren't around to counter effectively) or when you can dump resources to pump your military up, then go ham.

SA could do some serious damage, but then again, it all matters whether they really care about this game or not.  Given that they were rather relaxed on activity and that they've been through a unnecessary dogpile previously (I think you guys can relate), I wouldn't blame them for not being on top of their game in this conflict.  Plus it's summer, people got stuff to do.

 

I would spill out more stuff about the current war mechanics, but I'd rather wait till current conflicts are over with.  Would hate to spoil some things.  So that'll either be for a future post or a future talking point when I start up a "radio show".

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buorhann said:


I mean, I did say if they manage their MAPs properly, but to get to the meat of your post - you made a comment about players sitting on 12 MAPs, therefore wasting any future MAPs since you're capped.

While I can understand that perspective, some players (Like myself) sit on 12 MAPs to wait on double buying.  At some point, you'll be zeroed out or overwhelmed by multiple players, so you wait patiently with your MAPs to use them at a certain time (When your opponents aren't around to counter effectively) or when you can dump resources to pump your military up, then go ham.

SA could do some serious damage, but then again, it all matters whether they really care about this game or not.  Given that they were rather relaxed on activity and that they've been through a unnecessary dogpile previously (I think you guys can relate), I wouldn't blame them for not being on top of their game in this conflict.  Plus it's summer, people got stuff to do.

 

I would spill out more stuff about the current war mechanics, but I'd rather wait till current conflicts are over with.  Would hate to spoil some things.  So that'll either be for a future post or a future talking point when I start up a "radio show".

Totally get what you're saying and it wasn't meant as a critique.  I guess I'm just looking at it and they're not doing what they said they were going to do and their activity (as far as I can tell) is just as bad as it was prior to the start.  I can't check their discord server because the link in the game is broken, so I honestly can't tell if they hang out online somewhere plotting our demise.  I think that they could do some serious damage, but that would require a concerted effort and activity level so far not seen on their part.  Ah well, whatcha gonna do?  Guess all I can say is good luck to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

 

The "antagonize" thing being said, except for maybe 2-3 people who were overly vocal about their negative feelings towards us, there were more people from NB I didn't "know" before that I somewhat knew afterwards that I think of as very nice people now. :)

Farkers are good people, but largely unaware of what miserable cowardly twats EMC are, not being aware of our dealings with them as de facto allies then being targeted by them because theyre sad NB got sick of their shit.  I spent so much time trying to get you guys to fight fair wars, but youre utterly uninterested in being challenged in any way and will bend over backwards to sell out to people in order to use them as meat shields should anything remotely challenging appear.  You rebuilt in 4 days after all the damage we did to you, which no other group our size wouldve been able to come anywhere close to, because you are cowards and havent fought a fair war for years.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. If they said they wanted to fight like we were asking then we would've pulled up to the battlefield but instead surprise attack us with 5 times the members. Kosmo you sexy mother pounder you nailed it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to brag about how 23 nations in TEst left so many of our spies left that we could eliminate the bottom half of your alliances spy capability, be my guest Bambino. We had abandoned the spy project several days ago, so congrats on winning the battle due to "DNP".

Truth be told, AIM offered absolutely no help and chose to peace out before their allies and non-allies they got rolled were off the battlefield, which would've been necessary long-term.  This was just a short term operation that we ultimately abandoned due to reasons that will be public in a few days. We still wonder if you got outside help because we knew there is no way you could've taken out our 60 spy guys with what you had left.  Even so, it's pretty embarrassing for you that we still can keep your leader Prefontaine at 0 spies and having taken 3000-5000 tanks from him or so (iirc). That's not going to matter, but it's hilarious. And has confirmed TEst is a joke of an alliance who uses paperless for cowardice and doesn't defend allies when facing odds they don't like or flips sides like a dying fish.

Off topic, but for the record, TEst's cowardice is not the same the last NB-war.  TKR had every reason to attack and there was very much aggression from NB towards them. It's not any secret tbh. The people that hit us also ran into thousands of nukes. That's a bit different than hitting 13 nations that only had 200 nukes. And on a side-note, I'm confused with all the TKR hate from Fark when they are tied closely to TKR now, having an direct ally, TRF even fighting a war with TKR.

Off topic part 2, nukes don't matter. Spanish Armada was making $4.4b in cash each month and about $3b in resource generation.i Meaning about $7.4b a month @ 350 GDP. For just 13 nations. That means an alliance like TKR was making $25-30b a month or more even. Plus nukes are so neutered that unless you declare offensive wars everyone hits you with non-attrition wars, which is wise, but still makes them near-worthless given we all have warchests to rebuild all our infra and then some. If SA can be hit twice in 3 months and still have more than enough to rebuy all our infra, this game is fricking broken.

Finally on-topic part WoT, it wouldn't be too hard to keep declaring up and dragging down 23v13, but none of us really care about this game anymore so we've opted for doing something on our terms in the future. Because have decently sized nations already, so time is not our enemy.

 

Edited by R Johnson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bambino said:

 

Edit: We should note that a second person has gone into VM in SA to continue the amazing amount of destruction that is being rained down upon us.  RIP Loxy.  

Yes and you were also in VM until a few days ago.

What is the phrase? Kettle meet pot?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prefontaine was about to go into VM for a year until he gave his nation away to another player.

 

EDIT: he did go into VM and rage quit after losing a war. Just didn't make the year because of giving his nation away.

Edited by James II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.