• R&R
    • World Task Force
    • Holy Britannian Empire
    • Terminus Est
    • The Old Guard
    • Resplendent
    • Green Enforcement Agency

Alright, pole up.

You'll notice that there's some alliances with plummeting scores on the "Most Improved" question and few (one?) alliances on the winning side on the "Needs Improvement" question.

There's reasons for this.  For those on the losing side, yet on the Most Improved question, I feel there's an argument for them fighting against the odds.  It's real hard to deal with the snowball effect when one or multiple alliances fail to uphold their responsibility in a war, and those listed put up the better fight on the "losing" side.

On the other hand, the one (?) alliance that is on the winning side, yet on the "Needs Improvement" tended to struggle once the war kicked off - in particular with the low to mid tier, and the super high tier areas.

Yet, those alliances are on both questions.  There's arguments for them on both sides.  Other than that, I think it's pretty obvious the winning side is on the "Most Improved" and the losing side is on the "Needs Improvement".

If I left an alliance out, I apologize.  I tried scouring through all the alliances, their scores over the course of the war, and briefly looked at through some of the wars performed in that alliance to get an idea on how their members are fighting to place the alliances where they're at.

It also doesn't help that some people (coughZootcoughSyndicatepeoplecough) hasn't posted up detail stats on each alliance throughout the war ( Well, Memph posted up a tease on few, so kudos to him ).

Finally, the last question is a bit of a goofy one.  I tried to find alliances that stayed out of the fight, but could've justified joining into the war due to various ties to alliances involved.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Oh, and before people ask, I only put in alliances involved in the big war.  Roz Wei/Phoenix had their own skirmish outside of the war, that's why they were not included.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Isn't, like, every poll ever on these boards biased?

It seems that the "winners" are mostly on the "most improved" side and the "losers" are on the "needs improvement" side.

I would say Rose is the most improved alliance. They were able to actually complete a blitz this time around. None of the alliances in "Needs Improvement" actually needs improvement. For neutral I'd say none as well. None needed to join the war or had treaties on both sides of the war. Excluding TEst, who is paperless, anyone else was too small to make a huge difference.

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Voted + some thoughts:

1. Could use a breakdown by coalition for most improved / needs most improvement

2. Could use more categories

The best parts of this particular war are the ones that either shocked people or came close to happening.

It seems that the "winners" are mostly on the "most improved" side and the "losers" are on the "needs improvement" side.

I would say Rose is the most improved alliance. They were able to actually complete a blitz this time around. None of the alliances in "Needs Improvement" actually needs improvement. For neutral I'd say none as well. None needed to join the war or had treaties on both sides of the war. Excluding TEst, who is paperless, anyone else was too small to make a huge difference.

Yeah, Rose had a decent blitz. It was the most significant counter from their side and decent part of the reason why Syndicate wasn't an as big player in this war as you would have expected.

VE's counter on Syndicate was of some effectiveness against a couple of Syndicate's top nations but was mostly stopped in its tracks by TKR's insta-counter. DEIC's counter on Mensa was rough on their top 5-10 nations, but that's pretty much it. Fark did an ok attempt at countering TKR, but it was too little, too late, to make much of a difference. Sparta was a terrible match for BK and was rapidly swarmed with updeclares.

I would say Rose is the most improved alliance. They were able to actually complete a blitz this time around.

So after 3 wars, a "successful blitz" is what makes them most improved?  Your expectations must've been extremely low for them.

Also, a successful blitz is one that knocks out an alliance from the war very shortly or severely cripples them.  Of course, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

For neutral I'd say none as well. None needed to join the war or had treaties on both sides of the war. Excluding TEst, who is paperless, anyone else was too small to make a huge difference.

Read the very last statement.  Then read it again.  Comprehend what "goofy" means.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I voted BK for most improved, but actually we were always awesome.

BK is ayylmaowesome, but the previous wars - some of y'alls members would have issues on beiging too early.  This war, however, it's a toss up between Guardian and BK for my vote - both saw a drastic change in cooperation with their members against their targets.  TKR is up there too.

On the opposing side, I'd definitely have to give it to UPN.  They were pretty stubborn to work down, and the only reason why they really fell was due to some other supporting alliances rolling over easy or going out "one and done" style.

Can't really give it to Mensa unless you want to vote them for consistency.  Always had good blitzes, good builds, good synchronized strikes, etc.  Just all around good with war since The Great VE War.

DEIC also did pretty good too, hitting the upper tiers on Mensa.  Unfortunately they couldn't seal the deal, but they did pull off a nice blitz to knock out some threats for awhile.

Arrgh impressed me with how aggressive they were ( Guardian was pretty aggressive too ), but Arrgh members had a tendency to beige real fast.  That's the pirate's life though.

• Downvote 1

Excluding TEst, who is paperless, anyone else was too small to make a huge difference.

We're not paperless, we have a treaty with literally everyone :P

• Upvote 3

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

So after 3 wars, a "successful blitz" is what makes them most improved?  Your expectations must've been extremely low for them.

Also, a successful blitz is one that knocks out an alliance from the war very shortly or severely cripples them.  Of course, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

j

Um. Wow. Okay. Insults :/

Anyway, for Rose, this was a good blitz and I only see them doing better. I'd say they are the most improved alliance atm. They went from not being able to fight to being decent enough to hold their own.

• Upvote 1

BK is ayylmaowesome, but the previous wars - some of y'alls members would have issues on beiging too early.  This war, however, it's a toss up between Guardian and BK for my vote - both saw a drastic change in cooperation with their members against their targets.  TKR is up there too.

On the opposing side, I'd definitely have to give it to UPN.  They were pretty stubborn to work down, and the only reason why they really fell was due to some other supporting alliances rolling over easy or going out "one and done" style.

Can't really give it to Mensa unless you want to vote them for consistency.  Always had good blitzes, good builds, good synchronized strikes, etc.  Just all around good with war since The Great VE War.

DEIC also did pretty good too, hitting the upper tiers on Mensa.  Unfortunately they couldn't seal the deal, but they did pull off a nice blitz to knock out some threats for awhile.

Arrgh impressed me with how aggressive they were ( Guardian was pretty aggressive too ), but Arrgh members had a tendency to beige real fast.  That's the pirate's life though.

Disagree, neither Guardian nor BK were effectively countered. DEIC did some damage.

• Upvote 2

How is TEst a candidate for the most neutral? They are partial to money and dynamic.

Go back and reread the poll topic. There is a mention of "this war". Did we jump in......NO. I would say we were the most neutral for "this war" because we didn't jump, where as in other wars we probably would have. A lot of those other "neutrals" are always neutral for every war, so how could any of them be "the most neutral" in this one?

X4EfkAB.png

Need to add Rose to most improved before I vote or no vote. Their coordination while not perfect would have been of in line with many on the winning side had they been aligned that way.

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-