Future for Alpha

Kastor

Honestly, I'd like to pin it all on Steve but I can't. Some of his members are backing him up on that crap.

Still though, Steve's squandered their opportunity for white peace singlehandedly. I don't know how someone in a losing position can spew so much vitriol and expect to get away scot-free; I lol'd when Steve had the nerve to demand on top of the offered white peace a 6 month NAP.

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

I lol'd when Steve had the nerve to demand on top of the offered white peace a 6 month NAP.

I prefer the part in which he refused to apologize for trying to frame Eumir as a supporter of rape, because:

[14:22] <Steve_Buscemi[NG]> I'm sorry but I will not lie in any surrender post.

I prefer the part in which he refused to apologize for trying to frame Eumir as a supporter of rape, because:

[14:22] <Steve_Buscemi[NG]> I'm sorry but I will not lie in any surrender post.

I loved the part where he refused to listen to anything said by what was stated multiple times as the current head of FA because it wasn't Partisan or Roy. It was the cherry on top of the delusion and bat shit crazy Steve we have been experiencing lately.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

I loved the part where he refused to listen to anything said by what was stated multiple times as the current head of FA because it wasn't Partisan or Roy. It was the cherry on top of the delusion and bat shit crazy Steve we have been experiencing lately.

Yes. At this point it's difficult to understand what motivates Steve, in the peace negotiations, to misrespect and insult the person appointed by the Board of The Syndicate to conduct the talks on our behalf (and the foreign affairs in general).

The only rational explanation I can find, is that Steve is willing to prolong this conflict for unknown reasons, and in the last night's negotiations he was just being deliberately obstructionist.

Edited by Ivan the Red

Why negotiate at all? Just ZI em all and hold them there for a couple of months or until the alliance disbands. Really a cheapish option now and easy to do with the mechanics changes.

Obviously the alliance is dead already so allowing and helping member nations to escape it's rotting corpse is actually a public service.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Why negotiate at all? Just ZI em all and hold them there for a couple of months or until the alliance disbands. Really a cheapish option now and easy to do with the mechanics changes.

Obviously the alliance is dead already so allowing and helping member nations to escape it's rotting corpse is actually a public service.

Because it costs tS a lot more to do that than it does Alpha.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Not really. Keeping them wrapped up costs basically nothing. No need to AS even. You can ZI em with munition-less GAs over time. That would be hilarious. Staying in range is now ludicrously easy and costs very little.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Wait the peace talks were leaked? Probably for the best tbh.

Not like there was anything really opsec in there.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Because it costs tS a lot more to do that than it does Alpha.

In order to pin down Alpha we just need to keep a few amount of nations with high military levels. Something we already keep in peacetime to deal with raids and rogues. So no big deal. If anything, at least our lower levels will be safe from raiding. :P

What is costing us a lot is having to keep our top and middle levels militarized because everybody is still armed to the teeth expecting the escalation that never came.

Edited by Ivan the Red

Honestly, I'd like to pin it all on Steve but I can't. Some of his members are backing him up on that crap.

Still though, Steve's squandered their opportunity for white peace singlehandedly. I don't know how someone in a losing position can spew so much vitriol and expect to get away scot-free; I lol'd when Steve had the nerve to demand on top of the offered white peace a 6 month NAP.

6 Month NAP is vitriol? Alpha wants NAP cause we don't want to deal with fighting ts over and over again. That's a compliment. It means we don't want to fight you(we're not scared we just don't like losing).

If you're talking about eurimbgo. Don't forget ts constantly slanders Steve and he has taken it rather well because he understands pnw is a game and most of it is just ts pr spin bs. Also a ts member posted a disturbing video in alpha irc, but alpha let it slide because we understand it's the Internet and people do stupid stuff.

The game is called politics and war not politics and feelings. I wish you all would stop stirring up ruckus and using it as an excuse for your FA. I can assure you Steve does not think eurimbgo is a rapist nor did he intend to imply that. I know this because normal human beings do not think other people they have never met before are rapists. It really makes no sense. Let's all chill and get back to burning infra.

Don't forget ts constantly slanders Steve

Care to provide an example of a t$ member faking a quote to make people believe Steve likes rape or some other henious crime, then reporting him to the Mods?

Also a ts member posted a disturbing video in alpha irc

The member was disciplined and t$ government aplogized. We keep our house clean.

Edited by Ivan the Red
  • Upvote 1

Care to provide an example of a t$ member faking a quote to make people believe Steve likes rape or some other henious crime, then reporting him to the Mods?

The member was disciplined and t$ government aplogized. We keep our house clean.

Eurimbgo was reported because some individuals did not like whatever image was there. Those people are not the same people that changed the image. Don't try to imply that the same people changed the image and then reported him. What's the point of that to get him banned? No one cares about eurimbgo. He's just another person who plays the game. There is no master conspiracy to defame ts members.

I do not know who changed the image. You guys think it's Steve, and that is possible. If you have concrete evidence please show me.

6 Month NAP is vitriol? Alpha wants NAP cause we don't want to deal with fighting ts over and over again. That's a compliment. It means we don't want to fight you(we're not scared we just don't like losing).

If you're talking about eurimbgo. Don't forget ts constantly slanders Steve and he has taken it rather well because he understands pnw is a game and most of it is just ts pr spin bs. Also a ts member posted a disturbing video in alpha irc, but alpha let it slide because we understand it's the Internet and people do stupid stuff.

The game is called politics and war not politics and feelings. I wish you all would stop stirring up ruckus and using it as an excuse for your FA. I can assure you Steve does not think eurimbgo is a rapist nor did he intend to imply that. I know this because normal human beings do not think other people they have never met before are rapists. It really makes no sense. Let's all chill and get back to burning infra.

Eurimbgo was reported because some individuals did not like whatever image was there. Those people are not the same people that changed the image. Don't try to imply that the same people changed the image and then reported him. What's the point of that to get him banned? No one cares about eurimbgo. He's just another person who plays the game. There is no master conspiracy to defame ts members.

I do not know who changed the image. You guys think it's Steve, and that is possible. If you have concrete evidence please show me.

Thanks for this.

Understand a lot of the shitposting you're seeing from our side is some of our members giving up because of the level of discourse we've been seeing from your officials over the last couple months. I'm not happy with it, myself, but it's damn near impossible for me to tell them to stop when I have no spark of faith from your side to point to when I'm trying to formulate an argument on why it might be worth bothering. We very simply have no faith in your government, and it's hard for me to tell my guys to bother to play nice when no one is doing much more than flinging crap at us. I think you'll find a couple quality posts will go a long way. So I'll try and answer your responses in kind.

We're fairly averse to NAPs because historically they've been used as shields for proxy movements against our allies. We don't have faith your government won't decide to use it that way, so the prospect doesn't interest us much. We actually had little interest in fighting your alliance in the first place, but these were some pretty extraordinary circumstances which have been documented extensively elsewhere, and if my word is worth anything I'll assure you that we have even LESS interest in having much to do with Alpha once this is done.

I don't think we've slandered Steve (I mean, our entire reason for this war, essentially boiled down to him slandering us to pretty much anyone who would listen). I think he looks like he's getting slandered because he says ridiculous things, and then reacts like it's a personal attack when we say they are ridiculous. That's my view, at least: take it for what it is.

I don't know the particulars of the Eumir incident. I wasn't around, and what little I've heard of it makes it sound like a big old barrel of nope. But we haven't seen anything from Steve that indicates he takes it seriously or is at all interested in helping find out what actually did happen, which is for us a massive, massive red flag.

• Upvote 6

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

There's a few issues with your post.

1. After Steve changed the image - whether it was a joke or deliberate - multiple Alpha members immediately jumped on the case and weaponized the post against both eumir and t$. The posts in the thread clearly show this. This suggests you did intend to use the move to slander Eumir.

2. The video posted in the Alpha irc was immediately handled, with the member being disciplined and an apology made. Alpha has failed to do the same.

3. Alpha has not 'let it slide'- you have brought it up wherever possible, despite t$ having handled the situation.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

The video posted in the Alpha irc was immediately handled, with the member being disciplined and an apology made.

Just to clarify.

The member who posted the rape video in our channel didn't apologize to Alpha or myself, tS government didn't apologize to Alpha or myself, and tS leadership (Partisan, Roy, Jessica) never apologized to Alpha or myself. 

In fact what happened when we called them out on it, they defended that members actions as not that big of a deal or not even a rape video.

But it's cool if everyone wants to go back to flinging shit everywhere and making all kinds of wild accusations about what did or didn't happen in any given situation.  Feel free to do that with this post too if you like, lol.

Edited by Placentica

Just to clarify so that everyone knows.

The member who posted the rape video in our channel didn't apologize to Alpha or myself, tS government didn't apologize to Alpha or myself, and tS leadership (Partisan, Roy, Jessica) never apologized to Alpha or myself. 

In fact what happened when we called them out on it, they defended that members actions.

But it's cool if everyone wants to go back to flinging shit everywhere and making all kinds of wild accusations about what did or didn't happen.

Didn't he post a lot of nasty stuff about you on the OWF too that Syndi gov was aware of.

He was 'disciplined' for that too.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Just to clarify so that everyone knows.

In fact what happened when we called them out on it, they defended that members actions.

But it's cool if everyone wants to go back to flinging shit everywhere and making all kinds of wild accusations about what did or didn't happen.

I'm glad you're just finally telling us that now (as opposed to well over a week ago when the incident happened, as has been discussed in several threads proceeding this one), as I was under the impression that you had been apologized to already, and have stated that publicly (I think you may have even replied to one of those posts, but perhaps I'm misremembering and it hardly matters at this point). I also don't recall anyone from gov defending his actions, I do know that one of my members noted that he was drunk off his ass, however (it doesn't make his actions acceptable, but it is a useful piece of context to have). If you've got even a shred of documentation regarding this, I'd love to see it, as we keep our house clean - if not, I will clean it.

As we've stated, repeatedly, The Syndicate does not tolerate OOC attacks and does utilize OOC discipline for OOC attacks such as that video link from IRC and the forum post James refers to directly above (which, among other things, was redacted at my instruction literally within 30 seconds of me being made aware of the post - hardly the mark of Syndi gov being aware and not caring, as you're implying). In any event, since we seem to have dropped the ball, allow this post to serve as an official apology on behalf of The Syndicate regarding both incidents. We do not support OOC attacking in any form, it is and was in poor taste, and the member in question has been disciplined with a mixture of economic and political restrictions. 

Edited by Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 2

I'm glad you're just finally telling us that now (as opposed to well over a week ago when the incident happened, as has been discussed in several threads proceeding this one), as I was under the impression that you had been apologized to already, and have stated that publicly (I think you may have even replied to one of those posts, but perhaps I'm misremembering and it hardly matters at this point). I also don't recall anyone from gov defending his actions, I do know that one of my members noted that he was drunk off his ass, however (it doesn't make his actions acceptable, but it is a useful piece of context to have). If you've got even a shred of documentation regarding this, I'd love to see it, as we keep our house clean - if not, I will clean it.

As we've stated, repeatedly, The Syndicate does not tolerate OOC attacks and does utilize OOC discipline for OOC attacks such as that video link from IRC and the forum post James refers to directly above (which, among other things, was redacted at my instruction literally within 30 seconds of me being made aware of the post - hardly the mark of Syndi gov being aware and not caring, as you're implying). In any event, since we seem to have dropped the ball, allow this post to serve as an official apology on behalf of The Syndicate regarding both incidents. We do not support OOC attacking in any form, it is and was in poor taste, and the member in question has been disciplined with a mixture of economic and political restrictions. 

That's far from sufficient. He has demonstrated he has zero remorse on our end. Considering the severity of his actions, I'm surprised he was not given the  boot. Had a moderator seen his post I'm sure he would have been more disciplined for the one action than anything tS gov has done.

As for the trying to spin peace that Steve would not listen; He did, he offered Alpha's terms. tS refused to sign any NAPs. That's why the peace talks failed. They did not fail because he expected to discuss peace with someone from the tri when 2 of the 3 were present as opposed to someone who was not part of the tri.

tS refused a term, the peace was rejected.

That's far from sufficient. He has demonstrated he has zero remorse on our end. Considering the severity of his actions, I'm surprised he was not given the  boot. Had a moderator seen his post I'm sure he would have been more disciplined for the one action than anything tS gov has done.

As for the trying to spin peace that Steve would not listen; He did, he offered Alpha's terms. tS refused to sign any NAPs. That's why the peace talks failed. They did not fail because he expected to discuss peace with someone from the tri when 2 of the 3 were present as opposed to someone who was not part of the tri.

The talks also failed because

A) He refused to speak to our designated representative. Steve does not get to dictate who our board sends to represent us. It was made clear that val spoke with formal authority on multiple occasions. Making an issue out of this showed very little good faith on Steve's/Alpha's behalf.

B) Steve explicitly stated he refused to apologize for the Eumir situation. This was given as one of the reasons why negotiations broke down.

C) The NAP was indeed off the table as well, for reasons well described by Manthrax in an earlier post.

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

Does that mean that Steve will get the boot, considering the severity of his action, and  since he failed to show any remorse, just like our member, as you say? 

Also, i have been elected acting Director of FA for this period of time, it was made very clear, and in all honesty, you don't get to decide to which one of the tS representatives you talk to, we do.

The Nap was refused because it already implies that there's trust between the two alliances. Im sorry to relay to you that at this point in time we don't believe you capable of upholding your word. For more, you can look for Manthrax post, which dwelves in more detail about it.

Edit :I might as well point out, that same day James contacted me, and i officially apologized for our member, as i was tS gov at the time.

Apr 20 10:10:11 <James[NG-Alpha]> Any particular reason your member posted a video of someone being raped in our channel?
Apr 20 10:10:20 <Valakia> what?
Apr 20 10:10:25 <Valakia> who?
Apr 20 10:10:31 <James[NG-Alpha]> Sorry that was way to passive agressive you didn't do it
Apr 20 10:10:34 <James[NG-Alpha]> Lordofdeath93
Apr 20 10:10:35 <James[NG-Alpha]> 96*
Apr 20 10:10:40 <Valakia> bloody hell
Apr 20 10:10:42 <James[NG-Alpha]> He's banned from the channel
Apr 20 10:11:20 <Valakia> thank you for reporting me and sorry, that def wasn't right
Apr 20 10:11:36 <James[NG-Alpha]> >.>
Apr 20 10:11:43 <James[NG-Alpha]> You're lucky I like you Valakia
Edited by Valakias

The talks also failed because

A) He refused to speak to our designated representative. Steve does not get to dictate who our board sends to represent us. It was made clear that val spoke with formal authority on multiple occasions. Making an issue out of this showed very little good faith on Steve's/Alpha's behalf.

B) Steve explicitly stated he refused to apologize for the Eumir situation. This was given as one of the reasons why negotiations broke down.

C) The NAP was indeed off the table as well, for reasons well described by Manthrax in an earlier post.

Generally, it is the head of the governments that negotiate and accept peace. You had 2 of the 3 heads present. It is no surprise that someone would rather speak to the head, rather than a "Representative." You were present and YOU REFUSED to negotiate.

You expect steve to apologize based on circumstantial evidence, but will not bring your own member to apologize for two gross offenses that we all have proof he did?

NAPs can be conditional. Regardless, you rejected the term. The peace talks failed.

That's far from sufficient. He has demonstrated he has zero remorse on our end. Considering the severity of his actions, I'm surprised he was not given the boot. Had a moderator seen his post I'm sure he would have been more disciplined for the one action than anything tS gov has done.

Roy took care of the incident and apologized in public as soon as it happened, and has just apologized again in public.

>not sufficient

Steve refuses to apologize for his alliance's less tolerable conduct (also a term of peace) and mocks an official representative of the Syndicate.

>no problem

But the peace talks break down because The Syndicate refuses to sign a restrictive, six month long NAP with an alliance that has actively plotted against us, at the end of a war we've clearly won and clearly want to end and be behind us.

Do you try to compile meaningful statements or is this vomitous rhetoric involuntary?

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Generally, it is the head of the governments that negotiate and accept peace. You had 2 of the 3 heads present. It is no surprise that someone would rather speak to the head, rather than a "Representative." You were present and YOU REFUSED to negotiate.

You expect steve to apologize based on circumstantial evidence, but will not bring your own member to apologize for two gross offenses that we all have proof he did?

NAPs can be conditional. Regardless, you rejected the term. The peace talks failed.

Val is currently acting head of t$ FA in my stead. This was announced on May 5th. I formally do not hold executive authority until June 8th.

This is why Val ran negotiations, and this was made abundantly clear. I was in the room because I hopped on IRC while packing (to give you my OOC reason).

I should also note:

You refuse to recognize Val's current authority, despite a formal announcement by t$ having been made detailing it, yet you failed to bring the posted video to the attention of Jess, Roy or myself (despite our continuous activity) and instead opted to bring it to Valakia.

If you wanted more to occur, why did you not contact the $yndicate board directly?

os9LcJK.gif

Val is currently acting head of t$ FA in my stead. This was announced on May 5th. I formally do not hold executive authority until June 8th.

This is why Val ran negotiations, and this was made abundantly clear. I was in the room because I hopped on IRC while packing (to give you my OOC reason).

I should also note:

You refuse to recognize Val's current authority, despite a formal announcement by t$ having been made detailing it, yet you failed to bring the posted video to the attention of Jess, Roy or myself (despite our continuous activity) and instead opted to bring it to Valakia.

If you wanted more to occur, why did you not contact the $yndicate board directly?

Your own members brought it to your attention actually. Why would we come to you if your own members brought it to your attention and were upset about it? Do you hold our opinion in higher esteem than your own community?