Message to Sheepy from Mobile players

Kastor

Just please stop messing with it. Go back to how the hell it was and leave it alone. Not everything needs to be updated if you're bored go !@#$ing make perks.

I can't even use it now until you revert it.

• Upvote 4

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Just please stop messing with it. Go back to how the hell it was and leave it alone. Not everything needs to be updated if you're bored go !@#$ make perks.

I can't even use it now until you revert it.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Goddamnit.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

• Administrators

If you want a reliable mobile app for P&W, that means updating the P&W mobile experience :P

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you want a reliable mobile app for P&W, that means updating the P&W mobile experience :P

Please no, please just put it back. I'm begging you here. I'm asking you to stop and just revert it. Please lord Sheepy you don't realize how good it was. It was fine the way it was. Please stop.

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• Administrators

Ä°f you want to test the format, do it on the test server.

And I did, and I thought it was fine, but I don't play the game on mobile, I only tested it on mobile.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Well now you know it's not working as well as it was intended. Kindly revert the changes

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

He did.

Sweeeeeeet

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

• Wiki Mod

You really need to accept that if you want an app your not going to get away with just a fake browser. You need to do a real interface tailored for that environment.

Edited by Dr Rush
  • Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Keep working on it Sheepy, I can put my phone down for a few hours while you tinker.

No, don't, the change is simply a bad idea. The site isn't optimised enough for mobile for this to be a viable option, so many pages have tables that need sideways scroll, which this removes the ability to do.

• Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

Sheepy should develop an app on mobile.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

:ehm:

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Wiki Mod

He is, thus the mucking about with the mobile web page, hes trying to case the mobile page in a fake mobile browser & pass it off as an app.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

He is, thus the mucking about with the mobile web page, hes trying to case the mobile page in a fake mobile browser & pass it off as an app.

Which is actually a smart move, in terms of development time, if you have a decent mobile website. In my experience though (from work), having the same webpage serve both mobile and desktop users is a headache.

Instead, use a 3rd party script (so you don't have to support it yourself), like those available from here and detect if it's a mobile browser. When mobile browser is detected, redirect the user to

https://m.politicsandwar.com/<whatever_page_they_were_on>
Then in your code, have common functions for all the background code (saving/loading from database, calculating values) and two render functions per page, one for desktop and one for mobile.

In the mobile render function, make sure to set the following meta, as that will force the page to stay within the device width (so no more issues with page text being off the page).

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
After that's setup, you can then easily setup code for swipe left for menu, swipe right for resources. But there should always be a button somewhere to trigger open/closed any swipe enabled menu.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Which is actually a smart move, in terms of development time, if you have a decent mobile website. In my experience though (from work), having the same webpage serve both mobile and desktop users is a headache.

Instead, use a 3rd party script (so you don't have to support it yourself), like those available from here and detect if it's a mobile browser. When mobile browser is detected, redirect the user to

https://m.politicsandwar.com/<whatever_page_they_were_on>
Then in your code, have common functions for all the background code (saving/loading from database, calculating values) and two render functions per page, one for desktop and one for mobile.

In the mobile render function, make sure to set the following meta, as that will force the page to stay within the device width (so no more issues with page text being off the page).

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
After that's setup, you can then easily setup code for swipe left for menu, swipe right for resources. But there should always be a button somewhere to trigger open/closed any swipe enabled menu.

Having a separate mobile site is bad. Why not just have the viewport scale meta on all the time anyway? The real issue on mobile is all the tables that need scroll, if Sheepy solved that with one of the many mobile table options out there that would be the way to go. And then still don't put the swipe menus on as it's just unintuitive and silly, no one would expect it it's not a common UI practice. You're supposed to make things obvious clear and easy for a user not complicated and weird.

T7Vrilp.png