Sheepy: How to make bank, while not pay-to-win

Spooner

It's very simple. For the price of 1 credit, you can edit a nation's description. This can be your own nation, or any other nation in the game.

Similar to location changes, you start off with 1 free description edit when you start your nation (to write up any initial details you want about your nation).

After that, your description can be edited by anyone, anonymously, for the price 1 credit. Want to change it back? You'll have to pay one credit to do so.

Would allow for excellent shits & giggles, players to prank/troll one another, and create a use for credits other than simple banners or in-game power.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

• Wiki Mod

/inb4 butthurt

I approve, creates a sustainable source of income for the game & ensures continued global supplies of e-tears.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Honestly I would never pay for this. $5 or 2m in game money just to do something like this just sounds like the biggest waste of money.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Honestly I would never pay for this. $5 or 2m in game money just to do something like this just sounds like the biggest waste of money.

Then you get to deal with a description that says "TUGT is a nooblet, topkeks. <3, Rose."

I would, at the very least, spend $2M to brand someone in-game as a certified shitposter. If they want to change it back, then two credits have been spent that would otherwise have been used to (likely) to buy power.

People who are high targets for trolling would never get to control their profile. 100ish people wanting to change 1 persons profile versus the 1 person trying to change it back. Not really fair.

That's fine. Perhaps various trolls would change it among each other. Maybe you'll fight for it back. Doesn't really matter, at the end of the day. It's not like people really *take pride* in their descriptions right now anyways. I set mine on like Day 5, and haven't changed it since. Might as well make the module fun. I, for one, would love to see people constantly deface Pfeiffer's description with various dank memes.

If alliance leaders face people constantly changing their profile, then perhaps they shouldn't have accepted the limelight. Somewhat like a tabloid for famous celebrities.

Edited by Syrup

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Then you get to deal with a description that says "TUGT is a nooblet, topkeks. <3, Rose."

I change my mind. Add this. I expect a baller butthurt description. It will be my greatest achievement in this game on top of the many wars I help coordinated and won and all the other dumb boring stuff I did to help make Mensa the alliance it is today.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Don't Something Awful do something like this with avatars or something? I don't fully recall. As someone who'd likely be a target of "wrestling sucks" (if the obvious "I'm a X, or I suck dicks" isn't allowed) or something of that nature it'd likely mean I'll have it permanently saying that... which is annoying but fine as long I think there is some indication it isn't me actually saying that. Blue text for something the player put and red text for whoever anonymously put it there would be good.

• Upvote 3

You do understand Princess Bubblegum would change every single one of your nation descriptions to 'TRUMP 2016', right?

Not everyone, just the big guys who will be bothered by it. And we should have a counter action to this, like a 14 day immunity for a credit, that is, if it was real!

LTcxGHN.jpg

Not everyone, just the big guys who will be bothered by it. And we should have a counter action to this, like a 14 day immunity for a credit, that is, if it was real!

C1E21MG.gif

I'd be happy to have Trump 2016 on my profile mate. Hall of Famer don't you know!
  • Upvote 2

It's very simple. For the price of 1 credit, you can edit a nation's description. This can be your own nation, or any other nation in the game.

Similar to location changes, you start off with 1 free description edit when you start your nation (to write up any initial details you want about your nation).

After that, your description can be edited by anyone, anonymously, for the price 1 credit. Want to change it back? You'll have to pay one credit to do so.

Would allow for excellent shits & giggles, players to prank/troll one another, and create a use for credits other than simple banners or in-game power.

perfect example:

TOP DEFINITION

Mensa

Interestingly, the Spanish use of the word mensa (female) or menso (male)generally denotes someone who is crazy or stupid.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mensa&defid=1397267

Edited by Cynthia Mackintosh

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

While I dislike the tyranny of the mob that this would enable, it could encourage more interaction between players. More interaction is generally better for the game itself, since it generates content without requiring a lot of extra work for Sheepy. However, there are a couple of harmful scenarios that could play out:

1. Player ragequits because of constant description harassment. Not an issue on forums or in messages, since those can be ignored, but it is difficult to ignore your nation description when you log in. Especially an issue for less well-off players who can't afford to fight back. There's no rule saying that only the annoying or the belligerent will be affected. Requiring a credit for a player to change it back feels a bit like extortion. While I'm happy when Sheepy makes money, surely he's got better ways to make it.

2. TOS violations or distasteful material is posted. It would take extra mod time and server resources to keep track of these anonymous changes and ensure that no one is getting smeared unfairly or gets banned for a description they did not write. For example, an "anonymous" poster puts Nazi propaganda into a nation description. This is a smear that is difficult to get rid of, even if moderators pull it within the day. If the moderators could pull it within a day. IRC rumors are one thing, but an in-game description that everyone would assume you wrote is another.

I like the suggestion of putting a separate section of the description that is obviously a comment or change from a different player. I'd like to take that further, and suggest a "comment section" on the nation page, similar to a comment section on a blog or news article. This could be a way for VIPs to publicly interact with nations that don't visit the forums. An anonymous comment could be bought with a credit.

shitty idea,right now it is free to edit your nation description and you want me to buy and spend one credit on a free feature to undo what a troll did... Ya no, plus i dont need some scum coming to my nation page and changing what i have there for their own shits and giggles.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

I mean, this is kind of silly, but what if you paid 1 Credit to change someone's description, but they could still change it back at will for free? So they might not notice their description is "Wrestling sux" or w/e for a day or two. Again, probably a waste of time and a credit, but if you can show me there's a demand for something like this...  :rolleyes:

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Seems like this would get annoying quickly for people who don't want it.

You could charge the 1 credit to allow both others to edit your nation bio and the ability to edit the bios of other nations who have paid the 1 credit too. Then charge 1 credit to turn it off again.