Converts?

durmij

I'm not anit-semetic... Just anti-Israel and anti-America.

I see your "location" is Mass and you say you're anti-america, do me a favor please.....pack a bag and GTFO! I don't care how old you are, you shouldn't be allowed to have any of the benefits that America has to offer if you hate it and its people so much!

X4EfkAB.png

I see your "location" is Mass and you say you're anti-america, do me a favor please.....pack a bag and GTFO! I don't care how old you are, you shouldn't be allowed to have any of the benefits that America has to offer if you hate it and its people so much!

Let me clarify please... I hate the government and kids. My experience has been shit.

Let me clarify please... I hate the government and kids. My experience has been shit.

Then think about doing something to change it. Start a movement.....get involved.....be a voice. When people say they are "Anti-American" that to me says they hate everything about America. I'm also pissed at the American goverment and I did 20 years of active duty service in the U.S. Navy. Just because I don't like my government, I'd never say I'm anti-american. I'm actually not "anti-any country"....just the governments of some countries.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

Hmm this sounds interesting, I'm sure nobody would really care for my story but I will share anyway!

I was born and raised a Baptist Christian, said prayers at night, went to church sometimes, things like that. Occasionally I would pray to God or read the bible a little bit. In middle school I started questioning God and having conversations about it with my friends. By the time I entered high school I was an atheist.

As I got a bit older I noticed that there is definitely another force around, an invisible hand and I knew there must be a God around. Thought about it some more, and kept on thinking. Traditional religions where just not good enough, they didn't believe the same things I was believing.

I had started believing in reincarnation and karma. I believed that people lived multiple lives, that bad people got bad things and good people got good. That if you strived to be a better person, that life will always roll your way. I believed that most people wanted to be good, but where too stupid to realize how. I held these beliefs to be my own, that there was no religion for me.

And then I found Buddhism and everything I believed in was suddenly the ancient doctrine of Buddhism. Almost everything was exactly the same. So that's the point I'm at now, I'm slowly getting into learning about Buddhism and who knows, maybe I'll become a Buddhist one day. As for right now, I'm just whatever I choose to believe in.

• Upvote 6

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Born in London bred in London

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I like Jews. But I HATE Israel. And Zionist infested America.

Iran in the 80s killed 1000s of innocents after satan Ayatollah declared confession is enough evidence.

Khomeini has killed more than Stalin did

Sufis are predominantly Sunni Muslims and the vast majority shall be accosted to paradise

My family is mainly sufi

Islam

|

Sunni- Shia= nonmuslims

|

Salafi-Sufi

|

Deobandi- Wahabi

Abu with the greatest possible respect, who has been feeding you this rubbish? You're too young to know anything about this first hand and I am honestly concerned someone so young is spouting so much sectarian vitriol. Exactly the same vitriol that has seen sufis like your family persecuted.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Abu with the greatest possible respect, who has been feeding you this rubbish? You're too young to know anything about this first hand and I am honestly concerned someone so young is spouting so much sectarian vitriol. Exactly the same vitriol that has seen sufis like your family persecuted.

^ What Spite said.

• Upvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

When have Sufis been persecuted.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

the only person who killed more than stalin is mao

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism#Persecution

This just brings to mind how little you know about your own people's history- stop with the hate and try to open your mind a little. Ditch that salafism nonsense and speak to an imam.

• Upvote 4

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

LOL. They have never been persecuted. And Salafists like ISIS just love them.  :v

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, as my father was enamored with the movement. My earliest memories were fidgeting in the pews as the suit I wore was too uncomfortable. I was 3-4 at the time :v

We ultimately left the church given their prohibition on blood transfusion. You see, around that age I needed an operation that required donor blood. Had my father stuck to his guns, I would probably not be here. Fortunately, he wasn't an idiot and given my mother's badgering, we left the church. 

My father believes that the merit of a religion is based on the conduct of the community of believers. Given that, our family then became Mormons, if briefly. Again, the whole purpose of this was not because my father believed in Mormon doctrines, but that he admired the conduct of Mormons. But the beliefs were too crazy, so we left and were without any formal affiliation for years.

Throughout this my mother was indifferent, and continued to believe in her old Catholicism. That, coupled with a desire to "fit in" with my friends in elementary school, led me to become a Roman Catholic. I was baptized at the age of 7, received my first communion at the age of 8, and was confirmed into the Catholic Church at the age of 14. And for a time, I figured I found my religious home. Then a couple of things happened.

At 14, our family got our first computer. This, being the year 2000, put us ahead of the curve among our neighbors. With our 56kbps modem, I was surfing the internets like there was no tomorrow!  :lol: But that did put me into contact with other religious ideas, apart from Christianity. The most important resource (before the arrival of Wikipedia) was religioustolerance.org, which still exists. 

The second event were the 9/11 attacks. Both events pushed me to look at not just Islam and other religions, but the history of the religions as well. The realization that the books of Gospels were arbitrarily chosen; that Zoroastrianism introduced so many concepts into Judaism that are taken for granted in Christianity; that I was only a Christian due to my birth in the West: all these ideas chipped away at the certainty I had to the Catholic faith, and any other faith. After a couple of years of doubt, by the time I graduated high school in 2005, I was a firm atheist.

2005-06 is around the time where the "New Atheist" movement got going, I was very much wrapped up in that. At college, I help found the first atheist student group on campus, and I was very much enthralled with the whole Atheist movement. But arguing about the non-existence of God can only take you so far. And by 2008, I fell away from the moment I felt just became repetitive and stale. It also helped that I became attracted to skepticism, and found the battles of skepticism much more fulfilling and worthy over anything the New Atheists were talking about. 

Since then, I have become much more laissez faire towards religious beliefs in general, and far more intrigued towards mysticism. Not that I believe in mystical experiences, but that it just seems certain people can have mystical experiences, while others (like me) are not. Whether this is a matter of neurology or something, I don't know. But lately, I've been studying these mystical experiences, be they from the Desert Fathers, from Buddhist and Hindu teachings, or modern mysticism from people like Simone Weil. 

I don't know if I'll convert again, but doesn't hurt to learn  :P

• Upvote 1
http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

I've changed from a Southern Baptist to a Nondenominational viewpoint of Christianity.

Mostly didn't like the way how Baptist churches were being ran.  I wanted something more relaxed, something that didn't judge others too harshly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

. But lately, I've been studying these mystical experiences, be they from the Desert Fathers, from Buddhist and Hindu teachings, or modern mysticism from people like Simone Weil. 

The Wisdom of the Desert by Thomas Merton is an excellent book on the subject. Also, start researching the term Theosis from an Eastern Perspective if possible.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A non-religious Christian within a Christian and Catholic family that did not introduce the Bible to my person. However, I had decided to analyze the bible during my mid-teenage years in order to discover that the content was plagiarized from numerous ancient religious systems. Eventually, I had underwent stages of learning and applying practices within Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Paganism, Satanism, and Thelema within my life as a "Universal Spiritualist", based on the teachings of Datta Ji Swami. Afterwards, I had began to analyze a combination of philosophy, social sciences, political sciences, history, and natural sciences in order to determine that the majority of the religions possess an origin with numerous ancient so-called "Pagan" religions. Eventually, my person had merely practiced "Thelema" or "93" as an agnostic. Eventually, I had transitioned into an "Agnostic" prior to functioning as a "De-Facto Atheist" with minor allegorical interests in religious systems. For example, my person shall rarely cite references to any biblical text as a metaphor within life. I.E. "As Above, So Below" or "Do What Thou Wilt".

​

• 4 weeks later...

Let's see...grew up in a Muslim family (plus aunts and uncles and grandparents and...practically everyone in the extended family) and I spent my teenage years in an Islamic city (so Islamic schools, community, etc), but somehow religion...didn't seem quite right to me...I followed what everybody did like praying and fasting when I was younger, but now I think I'm old enough to think for myself. So, yeah, I'm an atheist now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was baptized as a Catholic, raised as a Christian, and berated into being an Atheist. Currently I'm jokingly a Labesite (Follower of Labes from the Dragon Faith) and at this point it's more so turning into a real thing (as I imagine most religions start). 

But most of this was stemmed from my mother whom is flaky when it comes to religions or "spiritual" beliefs, and her imposing that since I was under the same roof, I would do as she did.

When high school came around, multiple things spurned me into being an Atheist, My family became homeless (we lived in a horse trailer) I was constantly bullied (coming home with bloody nose, black eyes, pencil stabs etc etc) and I would wonder why my prayers for a little peace would go unanswered.  It eventually got to the point when I thought to myself that there is in fact no God, and Prayers, Much like birthday wishes, are pointless and hollow.

Recently, Labesism (Labes' Religion) seemed like a decent venue as it doesn't require you to hate other people for having different beliefs (as it doesn't matter since they are a separate entity) and the only goal is to see the true nature of the universe. Obviously it hasn't been well received since everyone and their mother seem to come out of the wood work (bash on my god) and want me to join them.

Meh, and yes, I know the religion I made up is fake, but such is the nature of Religion.

d0r0WcS.gif