For Mensa: Who would you say currently are your greatest enemy alliances?

Lord Balian

Hello there!

Hope this finds you are doing well.  Not that we have had yet another war, what alliances out there in Orbis are Mensa's greatest enemies/threats?  I am just trying to get a picture of the current state of Orbis after being away and in the hospital for so long.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Everyone who isn't a Dioist

Being a dioist opens new opportunities for people. They just don't understand it because they're too stubborn to make the change in their hearts. 

Needless to say some people just need to embrace the change or

tumblr_m7dtqglq7a1qgp7t8o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 2

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Being a Dioist is like being a member of the Westboro Baptist church!

Good luck not getting hit by Mensa.

• Upvote 4

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

OP should've been "Who does Mensa actually care about?" Making enemies is easy. Just drive the speed limit, and you'll have the eternal hatred of the hothead behind you. There's always a hothead that must make it to Starbucks before they run out of coffee.

What the !@#$?!

Pre is clearly in the middle enjoying Mensa's attentions. The rest of us are just watching on the edges.

Everyone who isn't a Dioist

Can one be a dioist outside of the pride lands?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Mensa Members:  I guess what I am wondering is, what alliances have been historical foes of the past?  Are there any alliances that you have just never gotten along with and have a historical grudge with?  Would that be UPN? BoC? Rose?

Mensa might be secure enough to not care what others think, but it's almost always a terrible idea to let your enemies know that they are your enemies. It's the surest way to invite their attention, and always shifts sympathy towards them. While it is more entertaining for people to be open about hostilities, Mensa isn't here for our entertainment. They're here for their strategic interest. I'd be surprised if you got anything more than deflections and jokes out of them on an open forum. Pressing them here probably won't get you anything but frustration.

To help with this explanation, I give you this quote from Prefontaine's sig

Always keep your foes confused. If they are never sure who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next.

Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you.

Mensa Members:  I guess what I am wondering is, what alliances have been historical foes of the past?  Are there any alliances that you have just never gotten along with and have a historical grudge with?  Would that be UPN? BoC? Rose?

We formed in late Jan/early Feb and considering we come from a completely different gaming culture/area than the vast majority of Orbis' population here, there hasn't been time to really develop a longstanding rivalry or grudge.  In our alliance, there's no unified dislike for a single alliance.  Yet.

As Haggar says though, most of us will just beat around the bush and goof around.

I'll be straight though as I was entertained thinking on this.

This is just from my personal views of observing us from inside and outside.  I'll go down the list of alliances.  So don't take my word as final for our community, because we have drastically different opinions of each alliance individually.  We're a mess.

Rose is Rose.  Plus they took in Oblige, whom our community either hates or just loves to mess with him.  I love him though, cause I feel bad for whales.  They're limited in the water, while hippos can cross water and land.

VE was actually becoming an alliance we generally disliked, but then Impero stepped down and that seemed to ease tensions.

UPN still has some respect due to them helping us early on in our growth and that can't be forgotten, but their leadership really botched up the level of trust.

The Syndicate - I'll be honest, some of us really hated Partisan during The Great VE War, but some of us respected him too.  We're weird like that.  We have people who hate being trolled, but we also have people who love to see others troll us.  Right now we love them.  Their alliance has been awesome with us.

GPA - I got nothing.

Mensa HQ - We hate ourselves.  No, seriously, we're constantly at each other's throats on our forums.  We have a bipolar mindset in our community.  We are our own worst enemy. Don't come to us if you can't handle aggression, but we will be straight with you there.  Pfeiffer is blunt as hell for us.

BoC - Pre-Ashland leaving, we hated them.  A lot.  Post-Ashland leaving, eh, whatever.  Kadin's departure also helped ease tensions too.

SK - &#33;@#&#036; Tenages.  Actually, no, he's a swell guy and leader.  Despite the botchery of The Great VE War planning, we're still pretty tight with them, and our dedication to continue with that war even with the botchery will tell you how far we go for our allies.  I do want a fancy signature from them.

BK - ayyy lmao; but no really, they've been awesome.  Only issue we have is some members of theirs will beige targets during a war.  I think that was the only gripe we had, ever, with them.  I personally was surprised by how quick they pick up slots in a war though.  They're fast as hell with that.

Arrgh - This will be strange, but I think Mensa has more respect for Arrgh than we do for other alliances.  At least in a general speaking sense.  We'd like to fight them, but we'd like to fight alongside with them too.  It's a strange perspective we have about them.

Roz Wei - Overall we have decent opinions about them, but nothing too much mentioned since they're a relatively new alliance.

Cornerstone - They've been solid with VE and we've noticed that, but nothing much beyond that.

Alpha - We respect them, however, they're a newer alliance than us so we'll see as time goes on to see where relations develop.

TKR - Nothing bad about them, but nothing much has been mentioned about them.  They've been dedicated allies to their fellows, and we respect that.

DEIC - Overall, we had nothing against them, until Clarke...

I'll add more when I get back from lunch.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What a dumb question. No self-respecting alliance would declare their enemy in public like this.

There are reasons to declare enemies, but it has to be done thoughtfully and never in response to fishing. I'm inclined to think Balian just wanted a genuine update. If he was recently injured, he might not be at 100% capacity, so there's no need to backhand him yet. It's curious that he chose Mensa specifically, but he might have friends there. In that case, he'd be better off contacting them privately.

• Upvote 2

BK - ayyy lmao; but no really, they've been awesome.  Only issue we have is some members of theirs will beige targets during a war.  I think that was the only gripe we had, ever, with them.  I personally was surprised by how quick they pick up slots in a war though.  They're fast as hell with that.

and this is why i want to toss most of my membership

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

and this is why i want to toss most of my membership

have you tried teaching them to not suck? I mean, you clearly aren't the guy for the job but I'm sure someone in BK can do it

• Upvote 2

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake