Sheppy ily,you finally are going to add chemical weapons

And all the perks look awsome

But to make war even more intresting i say add defensive improvements

o/ saruman

Edited by Moreau III
  • Upvote 4

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

There is no defensive/offensive specification in your ideas there. Beyond that I don't think they'd do what you want so here are some of my ideas.

Trench System: Halves the strength of attacking soldiers and tanks. Disabled when the attacker makes a ground attack (that will likely fail) or the defender launches a ground attack themselves.

Aerial Defense: When the attacker declares, the game simulates the defender's airforce attacking the attacker's soldiers, tanks, and ships (ignoring their defending planes).

No Fly Zone: If the declarer has less planes than the defender's + 180 (two cities airbases full) then they cannot launch air attacks for 6 turns (12 hours)

Mechanized Defense: If the declarer has less tanks than the defender's + 2500 (two cities factories full) then they cannot launch ground attacks for 6 turns (12 hours)

Blockade Breakers: If the declarer has less ships than the defender's + 30 (two cities shipyards full) then they cannot launch naval attacks for 6 turns (12 hours)

Just make the two perks sets separate then.

This also sounds awsome

Sheepy pls

• Upvote 1

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Will there be any perks like city walls or something that would give an offline nation some form of hardening in the works at some point?

Aside from radio comms which will be a default selection, these all seem designed to give the attacking nation even more of an advantage

• Upvote 1

Basically in my opinion,

Add defensive and economic perks.

Also nukes should have some kind of perk, maybe EMP or something. Perhaps something that disables the beige timer for them or makes them do more damage. Maybe perks that instead of doing massive infra damage to one city, could spread lesser damage out over several, or a perk that could damage military units instead of infra. And make them more expensive, of course.

Overall, I think this is a good start, but at its current state will just keep war completely in the advantage of the attacker, which is its main problem in my opinion. Foxfire is right, the politics drive war, grudges will be made, tensions will rise and war will happen, and war -should- be destructive, not rewarding.

EDIT:

What about spy perks, too?

Edited by Vosunda
  • Upvote 2

There is no defensive/offensive specification in your ideas there. Beyond that I don't think they'd do what you want so here are some of my ideas.

Trench System: Halves the strength of attacking soldiers and tanks. Disabled when the attacker makes a ground attack (that will likely fail) or the defender launches a ground attack themselves.

Aerial Defense: When the attacker declares, the game simulates the defender's airforce attacking the attacker's soldiers, tanks, and ships (ignoring their defending planes).

No Fly Zone: If the declarer has less planes than the defender's + 180 (two cities airbases full) then they cannot launch air attacks for 6 turns (12 hours)

Mechanized Defense: If the declarer has less tanks than the defender's + 2500 (two cities factories full) then they cannot launch ground attacks for 6 turns (12 hours)

Blockade Breakers: If the declarer has less ships than the defender's + 30 (two cities shipyards full) then they cannot launch naval attacks for 6 turns (12 hours)

I like these, gives a defensive nation a chance to actually react to an already powerful raider which may equal the situation out assuming the person logs on in that time bracket.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

This game is like the real world. Lie to the citizens and do the heck you want

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

This game is like the real world. Lie to the citizens and do the heck you want

0/10 shit-post.

• Upvote 2

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

I like the general idea of defense oriented perks.

Instead of trenches weakening the attacker by 50% (which is overpowered), perhaps a perk that makes it harder to establish ground control?

Two perks, one that makes it harder for attackers to establish ground control, and another that makes it harder for attackers to establish air control, would be a nice addition.

That would work.

GnWq7CW.png

He must and there will always be a wild pack in the game to cause war so there will always be war

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I like the general idea of defense oriented perks.

Instead of trenches weakening the attacker by 50% (which is overpowered), perhaps a perk that makes it harder to establish ground control?

Two perks, one that makes it harder for attackers to establish ground control, and another that makes it harder for attackers to establish air control, would be a nice addition.

That would work.

It's powerful but only works for the initial attack and thinking on it, can be gamed by the attacker sending a meager force (as they initial force being reduced by 50% of it's strength is bound to lose unless the difference in strength is absolutely gigantic). Still it would waste 3 of their points at least and the exploit can be fixed by forcing the attacker to use their full force in their first attack.

Making it harder to establish ground/air control is easy enough. Instead of requiring one immense victory to gain control just make it take two for example, or three if you want to make it even harder. 

You could also have perks to reduce the effectiveness of ground/air control by 50%, either in one package or spread out among two perks. 

• Upvote 2

There should be concessions on using perks

Well it was just something that popped up in my mind. So it was bound to not work out so well.

I do like what you're planning here. If you invest in these perks, you're taking out some of the 8 you're limited to. It gives the players some time to at least be offline instead of changing war mechanics to be a daily attack system thing like in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). Besides, the attacker still gets more MAP for when the defense timers run out. I can't fully commit to supporting your idea at the most, but it's definitely a great path of thinking.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure sheppy will update the perk system reguarly when it comes out so no worries

Which would be stupid. The mechanics of this game should at least try to be consistent. Constantly changing them is annoying as &#33;@#&#036;.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Which would be stupid. The mechanics of this game should at least try to be consistent. Constantly changing them is annoying as !@#$.

Maybe because of how salty you become if the attacker gets an bonus

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Raiding is not the same thing as a full blown alliance war. It can turn into one, but 99% of the time does not. I don't even need to explain that.

You said "fighting," not alliance warfare. 

fight
verb \ˈfÄ«t\

: to use weapons or physical force to try to hurt someone, to defeat an enemy, etc. : to struggle in battle or physical combat

: to be involved in (a battle, struggle, etc.)

: to argue in an angry way

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators

Wow, there's a lot of anti-perk sentiment here. Maybe I'll just scrap this idea. :v

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I personally like the idea, just needs a little more Offence/defense balancing.

• Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.