10/26/2015 - More Changes to Hate!

Alex

Sheepy did nothing wrong, just like the Nazi's Isis the KKK Khmer Rouge IRA the American Army the Basque the Muslims Protestants atheists everyone on the planet

MFW Everything and everyone can fall under Terrorist or hate group

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

are we going to ban references to the NRA because they have been called a terrorist group? What about the militiamen who fought in the revolutionary war? Some have even called Gamergate a terrorist group.

Could we limit this new ban on terrorist groups to extremest terrorist muslim groups as determined by the Unites States and consensus of the international community (ie: no Al Qaeda, no ISIS . . .). As of right now, the use of the term terrorist group is excessively broad and could mean any number of groups that most people wouldnt actually consider a terrorist group. Also, making a thread that specifically names the banned terrorist groups would be useful so that users know which groups are considered terrorist for the purposes of this game. Because one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

• Upvote 1

are we going to ban references to the NRA because they have been called a terrorist group? What about the militiamen who fought in the revolutionary war? Some have even called Gamergate a terrorist group.

Could we limit this new ban on terrorist groups to extremest terrorist muslim groups as determined by the Unites States and consensus of the international community (ie: no Al Qaeda, no ISIS . . .). As of right now, the use of the term terrorist group is excessively broad and could mean any number of groups that most people wouldnt actually consider a terrorist group. Also, making a thread that specifically names the banned terrorist groups would be useful so that users know which groups are considered terrorist for the purposes of this game. Because one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Real life moral relativism should be taken for a nice long walk away from P&W and common sense should prevail.  We already have plenty of simulated moral relativism as is.  Since I doubt any members of ISIS or al Qaeda play P&W, consensus on what constitutes common sense should be obvious unless you are in dire need of getting off campus and out academia for a weekend of staying up too late, eating the wrong things, and drinking more than you should.

• Administrators

The "Terrorism" theme is pretty vauge tbh. Terrorism as defined by who? I most major national liberation groups have been considered "Terrorists" by the West. For a long ass time the west considered the ANC along with Nelson Mandela "Terrorists". The KKK is considered a terrorist group yet there is a Confederate themed alliance thats cool. The US has considered massive acts of terrorism by firebombing japanese cities, still to this day the only nation to use nuclear weapons in anger, waging numerous aggressive wars, committing and supporting a number of genocides. and ethnic cleansing. tbh the vagueness of the rule makes me a bit uncomfortable.

There is a bit of a gray area here, you are correct. Just like in a government, when a legislative body passes a law, it will be up to the courts (in this case, the moderators) to interpret the rules and set a precedent of what is and isn't a "terrorist" group. In my opinion, the United States is not a terrorist group, regardless of what happened 70 years ago in WWII. I would say that the KKK is a terrorist group, but that a Confederate themed alliance is not. The Confederate States of America is not equivalent to the KKK.

WEEP. IT'S ALSO MEAN WE'RE GONNA BAN NAZISM RELATED!

I mean... Every time I saw a rule like this is mean they will not allow natsoc even an opinion about historic and both opinion, I mean some liberal Individualism will drama over at anything that related to "Nazism" (Now now I'm not a natsoc myself, I don't follow a mad man who ruin his own favorite race and the world).

For example: 

Jake: Hey guys! Let's talk about Natsoc in WWII shal....

Everyone: OMG OMG OMG OJMG POASMNDFASODISA NAZISSSS!!! NAZISS!!! MUH SOG JI NY!!!! MOD!!! BAN THIS FILTH!!!!!!

And so Jake was banned just because he started a flame war about communist and nationalist germany. Even though Jake was send and appeal that how the mod was false banning him he still convicted as a racist Nazi. This is like a witch hunt... anybody who talk about Nazism related will get convicted and banned out of this forum... even how it was a good taste or not.

Every time.. just every time I look up to this rule from the other forum website and it said "you can post natsoc on historical (good taste) as long as you don't promote Nazism!". And when I make a Nazism historical post (good taste) on that everybody turns on me with a terrified eyes and ban me for that even I make an appeal.

Seriously whatever you do don't post anything that the whole world hated (Nazis, terrorism, etc...). I mean if you talk about it even it was a little bit of related everybody in the world will look at you as a monster who needs to be exterminated in this existence, and behind you are Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong and Pol pot with over nine thousands of eldritch abomination in a deep dark full of fire in over 100000000000 degree Celsius. It's easy to become the most terrified person in a world just say a word related to nazism.

WEEP... DEFINITELY GOTTA GET BANNED FOR THIS.

TL;DR: This rule is a ban bait, don't fall to it.

The rules expressly state that we will allow you to discuss Nazism in a historical context. If you want to debate the social policies of the Nazi regime compared to the social policies of {insert other country here} that's fine.

If you post giant red banners with swastikas and write "Heil Hitler!" you will be warned, and have that content removed. Seems pretty clear to me.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

R.I.P. Abradolf Lincler

WEEP. IT'S ALSO MEAN WE'RE GONNA BAN NAZISM RELATED!

I mean... Every time I saw a rule like this is mean they will not allow natsoc even an opinion about historic and both opinion, I mean some liberal Individualism will drama over at anything that related to "Nazism" (Now now I'm not a natsoc myself, I don't follow a mad man who ruin his own favorite race and the world).

For example: 

Jake: Hey guys! Let's talk about Natsoc in WWII shal....

Everyone: OMG OMG OMG OJMG POASMNDFASODISA NAZISSSS!!! NAZISS!!! MUH SOG JI NY!!!! MOD!!! BAN THIS FILTH!!!!!!

And so Jake was banned just because he started a flame war about communist and nationalist germany. Even though Jake was send and appeal that how the mod was false banning him he still convicted as a racist Nazi. This is like a witch hunt... anybody who talk about Nazism related will get convicted and banned out of this forum... even how it was a good taste or not.

Every time.. just every time I look up to this rule from the other forum website and it said "you can post natsoc on historical (good taste) as long as you don't promote Nazism!". And when I make a Nazism historical post (good taste) on that everybody turns on me with a terrified eyes and ban me for that even I make an appeal.

Seriously whatever you do don't post anything that the whole world hated (Nazis, terrorism, etc...). I mean if you talk about it even it was a little bit of related everybody in the world will look at you as a monster who needs to be exterminated in this existence, and behind you are Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong and Pol pot with over nine thousands of eldritch abomination in a deep dark full of fire in over 100000000000 degree Celsius. It's easy to become the most terrified person in a world just say a word related to nazism.

WEEP... DEFINITELY GOTTA GET BANNED FOR THIS.

TL;DR: This rule is a ban bait, don't fall to it.

I'm impressed, I bet you don't even wear a tinfoil hat because they enable government mind control. Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Administrators

Can we say "Heil Lincler?"

Abradolph%20Lincler_zpsjmdkw9g2.jpg?t=14

In a humorous context (like this) sure.

Thank you for working on this, and also the small icons and beige timers, they are so helpful :D

You're welcome! :)

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod

http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/City_Images

Made a wiki page so you can preview all of the images without having to switch to each one.

• Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Would it be possible to have the beige timer on the nation API page?

^ This please.

Also can we request more city images to be added? If so I'd like to request Los Angeles and San Diego.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

• City images have been replaced, and you now have the option to choose one of 22 (currently) available real-life cities to represent your city(s) in game. For the time being, all of your cities (and all new cities) will default to an image of a smaller, plain city. This is all cosmetic of course, but it gives you some more freedom on what your cities are represented as.

Can you consider slightly how they work?. Currently its all skyscrapers, as european, none of them are appealing, except maybe the default one :X

Sights and Landmarks are far, far better.  -> 

fototapete-brandenburger-tor-nr--ft203_8

Is it possible to upload pics ourselves as VIP, at least later on?

I was thinking say adding our own pictures, then we can do ancient China, or I can do aircraft carriers, get more into the alliance/nation role-play. Instead of having Sheeps have to change everyone himself individually like the background, just make a guidelines for what is and isn't accepted and have any offences equal a warn or a ban. maybe even give a small reward for finding nudity or swastikas and encourage people to look for them. If the image does not fit the size like the 1280 x 1280 for backgrounds then give an error? I think giving VIPs the benefit of the doubt for responsibility in choosing non offensive city pictures would be nice and increase things that make VIP worthwhile. Just a thought.

Edited by Mayor
  • Upvote 1

guys hitler never wanted to conquer the world, he just wanted to try to best the dark lord in a rap battle.

Edited by Dark Specter

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Wiki Mod

Or sheepy could do what he should have done for ads. Select a dozen or so trustworthy volunteers & give them the needed permissions to approve stuff.

• Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

The rules expressly state that we will allow you to discuss Nazism in a historical context. If you want to debate the social policies of the Nazi regime compared to the social policies of {insert other country here} that's fine.

If you post giant red banners with swastikas and write "Heil Hitler!" you will be warned, and have that content removed. Seems pretty clear to me.

Ever heard of Media Corruption?

I would trust the rule you make about discussing the Nazism history and the debate that related to it, but I'm worry about those media, liberals, Jewish people,.. wouldn't leave alone for your forum of Nazism. Oh yeah don't worry about that, your forum won't be die went the whole government shut down the whole forum because nazi related

I'd would like to do that if this site isn't full of Communist who claim my historical post as a nazi promoter, Social Justice Warrior came in and call me a racist bastard meanwhile I'm asian, and the liberal call me a skin head just because a nazi historical post. Basically I don't even need to said "Heil Hitler!" and post the Nazi Banner. You wouldn't let those Liberal, Communist, Social Justice Warrior and any kind that related to "defending teh interweb" ruin your whole life just because you don't ban the nazi historical/comedy related, would you?

R.I.P. Abradolf Lincler

I'm impressed, I bet you don't even wear a tinfoil hat because they enable government mind control.

Tinfoil hat doesn't work anyway. We're all controlled for the first time in born.

I would trust the rule you make about discussing the Nazism history and the debate that related to it, but I'm worry about those media, liberals, Jewish people,.. wouldn't leave alone for your forum of Nazism. Oh yeah don't worry about that, your forum won't be die went the whole government shut down the whole forum because nazi related

I'd would like to do that if this site isn't full of Communist who claim my historical post as a nazi promoter, Social Justice Warrior came in and call me a racist bastard meanwhile I'm asian, and the liberal call me a skin head just because a nazi historical post. Basically I don't even need to said "Heil Hitler!" and post the Nazi Banner. You wouldn't let those Liberal, Communist, Social Justice Warrior and any kind that related to "defending teh interweb" ruin your whole life just because you don't ban the nazi historical/comedy related, would you?

Tinfoil hat doesn't work anyway. We're all controlled for the first time in born.

Uhhhh if we cant talk about nazi germany during debates or in the historical context because the media, liberals and jews would be enraged and demand this site be shut down or go as far as having the government shut it down then they would also have to remove nazi germany from the history books in schools and stop teaching WW2 sense that war is centered around nazi germany and hitler. They would also have to ban documentaries related to nazi germany sense these things talk about hitler and his nazis and what they did because you know, it would cause the media, liberals and jews to also be enraged.

And i have to say, the 21st century is the sensitve century with so much whining and demanding for political correctness.... People need to really grow a pair of balls or atleast have a backbone or something. History is history and it cant change and you cant stop people from talking about it.

• Upvote 2

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

I don't even know what you're talking about. This site is based in America, and is under the protection of free speech. No one is going to be shutting us down for discussing Nazism.

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

There is a bit of a gray area here, you are correct. Just like in a government, when a legislative body passes a law, it will be up to the courts (in this case, the moderators) to interpret the rules and set a precedent of what is and isn't a "terrorist" group. In my opinion, the United States is not a terrorist group, regardless of what happened 70 years ago in WWII. I would say that the KKK is a terrorist group, but that a Confederate themed alliance is not. The Confederate States of America is not equivalent to the KKK.

"the United States is not a terrorist group"

Okay you are allowed to be wrong I guess.

" regardless of what happened 70 years ago in WWII. "

How about what happened since then?

The Confederate States of America is not equivalent to the KKK.

Honestly how are they that significantly different?

Still pretty damn vague and non-committed to the definition. Doesn't leave me with much confidence you and other mods/admins wont just use this to purge the game of those you dont like.

• Upvote 1

"Terrorism" is a buzzword with no real meaning.

Pretty much this. I can't have an ISIS-themed alliance but I could have a Ba'athist one, despite the fast that Ba'athists have institutionalized terrorism as an instrument of public policy, and have killed way more people than ISIS or Al Qaeda have or likely ever will. 

lol, so what exactly is a terrorist Sheepy? I mean hell, International Revolution would fit the bill for a "terrorist" group. Plenty of such outfits like us existed during the Cold War, or in the early 20th century and were anarchist instead of Marxist-Leninist or Maoist. The rhetoric pushed by states fighting insurgencies built on such principles was to marginalize them as "terrorists" and to attempt to delegitimatize their struggle. Why is this standard only applied to what I'm assuming are Sunni (not Shia) Islamist themed nations or alliances, when they're the historic new kids on the bloc to "terrorism"? Are you going to start cracking down on people with Israel-themes in their nations, since "terrorism" played a large role in helping to establish the it, and many would argue is crucial to its continued existence? And why is the Confederate-themed alliance allowed if you're going to be enforcing these half-baked, buzzword-based rules? Are you saying a state founded on the principles of white supremacy, and with slavery at its very heart isn't bannable, despite mass terror being used as one of its primary tools of self-preservation (lynchings, brutal repression of slave revolts, whole bodies of laws designed to foment racial divisions and deny people of color their humanity) but "evil Nazis" and "scary transnational Sunni terrorists" are? Is the Confederacy not considered a "terrorist" state because their policies wouldn't have left you in chains, so they get a free pass? How are you even defining "terrorism," and why is that distinguishable from the Soviet alliances we have running around, that enacted terror on scales rivaled only by national socialists in the modern era, and imperial powers (of which there are plenty nations based on) in earlier times?

Either let people play as whatever factions they want or please admit that this rule is entirely arbitrary and based on feelings and whatever buzzwords are trending today, and a narrow and superficial understanding of history.

Edited by Sam Boga
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

"the United States is not a terrorist group"

Okay you are allowed to be wrong I guess.

" regardless of what happened 70 years ago in WWII. "

How about what happened since then?

The Confederate States of America is not equivalent to the KKK.

Honestly how are they that significantly different?

Still pretty damn vague and non-committed to the definition. Doesn't leave me with much confidence you and other mods/admins wont just use this to purge the game of those you dont like.

We can certainly disagree on whether the United States of America is a terrorist group, but if that's what you believe I have no idea why you're playing this game, which is owned by an American-based business. You're supporting terrorism by being here, according to your own beliefs.

The Confederate States of America was a nation of states that existed for a short period of time immediately before and during the American Civil War. The KKK is a hate-group that still exists today that wishes to purge the United States of America of minority groups and immigrants. The KKK did awful things like lynch people, burn crosses, scare people from voting, use other fear tactics, etc. The Confederate States of America was a nation (albeit one that supported slavery, yes, though so did the United States of America up until the Emancipation Proclamation, along with a number of other nations around the world at some point in their history.) but as far as I know never engaged in acts of terrorism as a state.

Pretty much this. I can't have an ISIS-themed alliance but I could have a Ba'athist one, despite the fast that Ba'athists have institutionalized terrorism as an instrument of public policy, and have killed way more people than ISIS or Al Qaeda have or likely ever will. 

lol, so what exactly is a terrorist Sheepy? I mean hell, International Revolution would fit the bill for a "terrorist" group. Plenty of such outfits like us existed during the Cold War, or in the early 20th century and were anarchist instead of Marxist-Leninist or Maoist. The rhetoric pushed by states fighting insurgencies built on such principles was to marginalize them as "terrorists" and to attempt to delegitimatize their struggle. Why is this standard only applied to what I'm assuming are Sunni (not Shia) Islamist themed nations or alliances, when they're the historic new kids on the bloc to "terrorism"? Are you going to start cracking down on people with Israel-themes in their nations, since "terrorism" played a large role in helping to establish the it, and many would argue is crucial to its continued existence? And why is the Confederate-themed alliance allowed if you're going to be enforcing these half-baked, buzzword-based rules? Are you saying a state founded on the principles of white supremacy, and with slavery at its very heart isn't bannable, despite mass terror being used as one of its primary tools of self-preservation (lynchings, brutal repression of slave revolts, whole bodies of laws designed to foment racial divisions and deny people of color their humanity) but "evil Nazis" and "scary transnational Sunni terrorists" are? Is the Confederacy not considered a "terrorist" state because their policies wouldn't have left you in chains, so they get a free pass? How are you even defining "terrorism," and why is that distinguishable from the Soviet alliances we have running around, that enacted terror on scales rivaled only by national socialists in the modern era, and imperial powers (of which there are plenty nations based on) in earlier times?

Either let people play as whatever factions they want or please admit that this rule is entirely arbitrary and based on feelings and whatever buzzwords are trending today, and a narrow and superficial understanding of history.

Who said you could have a Ba'athist themed alliance? Your whole post is based on a number of presumptions that simply aren't true. If you'll actually read the rule changed that were made: 

Nazism, Terrorism, and Other Hate Groups

It is against the rules to promote hateful ideologies such as Nazism, Terrorism, Racism, and others not listed here. We will allow references to, historical discussions of, and satirical usage that does not violate other forum rules.

You'll see that Nazism and Terrorism are specifically mentioned, as they're the most common hate groups we see represented on this site, but it very clearly indicates "Other Hate Groups" as well. Anyone can argue that any group of people is a "terrorist" organization, or a "hate group", and ultimately it's up to myself and the moderators to determine the legitimacy of their claims. You're making assumptions about what will and won't happen, which is absolutely ridiculous, and I hope that's made clear to you.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic