Dutch East India Company "Name&Shame" Thread

Kadin

Who needs 7 kingdoms when you can be a part of the massive UPN kingdom? They can do whatever they want.

holy shit. There is no way that this post can be said in a serious manner...

and if the SK/DEIC was so in SK's favor then you have had ample time to cancel it or at the very least negotiate the treaty into something that you felt would be more preferable for yourself. Or maybe, just maybe, you also saw a way that you could use the clause to your own advantage.

I think it is very telling however that the aggressive parties in this war have isolated their allies that are either on the other side or are/were caught in the middle and the outrage has spilled over into public view.

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake

ITT: Clarke continues to be a terrible leader.

DEIC failed to defend us when this treaty wasn't suspended and then activated its suspension in order to attack us and our allies.

Then Tenages had to tell you exactly how you technically suspended the treaty because you didn't even understand the language and got lucky. (Technically, DEIC was obligated to defend us against UPN for the three minutes it took then to declare on tS.)

An all around terrible show.

Obligatory Stetonic is also terrible. I'm all for declaring against bad odds but I can't condone a Minister of Defense effectively throwing his members over a cliff by declaring out of their league.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I consider that the treaty was suspended during that VE war since some attacks were launched on an ally of ours, declared by Tenages himself. 

Then Tenages had to tell you exactly how you technically suspended the treaty because you didn't even understand the language and got lucky. 

I'm pretty sure Cody K referred to exactly what you're referring to now and I already corrected him, but meh you seem illiterate.

IpHGyGc.png

I consider that the treaty was suspended during that VE war since some attacks were launched on an ally of ours, declared by Tenages himself.

I'm pretty sure Cody K referred to exactly what you're referring to now and I already corrected him, but meh you seem illiterate.

The suspension only lasts for the duration of the conflict, genius.

Talk about illiterate, does DEIC even read their treaties before signing them or do y'all just figure you'll find a way to weasel out of your obligations regardless?

I feel a little sympathy for the rest of DEIC that their leadership has dragged them into a conflict that they did not have any obligation to join and could have easily avoided. If you ask me, I think it was his personal dislike for SK kicking into this decision. Granted we've already seen how competent he was in the past as leader before the temporary hiatus, so this should have been expected.

ITT: Clarke continues to be a terrible leader.

DEIC failed to defend us when this treaty wasn't suspended and then activated its suspension in order to attack us and our allies.

Then Tenages had to tell you exactly how you technically suspended the treaty because you didn't even understand the language and got lucky. (Technically, DEIC was obligated to defend us against UPN for the three minutes it took then to declare on tS.)

An all around terrible show.

Obligatory Stetonic is also terrible. I'm all for declaring against bad odds but I can't condone a Minister of Defense effectively throwing his members over a cliff by declaring out of their league.

I aint thrown any members over a cliff.Go ask every DEIC member who has received an attack order from me if i have sent them into a battle where they will be destroyed.The guy who posted about 2 members hitting him when they would lose.Where not ordered to hit that target.My GUTS BEFORE GLORY statement was praise to them for joining a fight of there own choosing and being willing to just have a go.

I have put in a shit load of time and effort in during this war to help every member of DEIC .So before you cast doubts on my ability as MOD of DEIC.I suggest you talk to a few DEIC members about me 

I aint thrown any members over a cliff.Go ask every DEIC member who has received an attack order from me if i have sent them into a battle where they will be destroyed.The guy who posted about 2 members hitting him when they would lose.Where not ordered to hit that target.My GUTS BEFORE GLORY statement was praise to them for joining a fight of there own choosing and being willing to just have a go.

I have put in a shit load of time and effort in during this war to help every member of DEIC .So before you cast doubts on my ability as MOD of DEIC.I suggest you talk to a few DEIC members about me 

So... you're going to win?

iAdNwuC.png

[00:55] <@Lyro> the world is a gaybar son

I'm not casting doubts, you're inspiring them.

But really, the worst offense is Clarke saying "on mass" instead of "en masse."

He just wants the mass of dat ass

iAdNwuC.png

[00:55] <@Lyro> the world is a gaybar son

I don't know... They said so in their reasons for war. You honestly think these two would declare war on someone that's militarily superior to them? Knowing they would lose, and just going "Hey! let's lose for fun!"

Also, congratulations. You're finally learning how stressful war is to coordinate.

Edited by Hooves

Honestly the hypocrisy really annoys me here.  Even if you want to accept the interpretation of "SK did the same thing!" how precisely does this make what DEIC did any better?  They get a pass because... why?

• Upvote 2

There are no men like me, there is only me

Cynic, I'm not going to defend SK's actions and the plan to attack Rose back then, because I disagreed with it entirely as an SK member then. I will say that there is a huge difference though - not only because it wasn't against a treaties partner, but primarily because it didn't happen. It was a plan in early stages that was shot down by nearly every SK member who saw it - I saw about four people in the alliance in support of it as a whole, and the rest thought it was a move with no honor and said no. Probably the biggest opposers were myself and Aisha Greyjoy, our head of military at the time who almost definitely would have kept that plan from ever happening.

I don't think it's a good thing that it was planned, I admit that. It was the primary reason I left to make my own alliance. But right now we're comparing an attack on a known enemy that was still unlikely to happen, to a direct attack on a treatied ally. There's a vast difference and I don't think DEIC should be viewed as in the right for doing this. Hell, I don't even think they should have been viewed as in the right if SK had done their shitty plan and SK had been doing it against an ally (both of which weren't true), because it's shit regardless of who does it.

• Upvote 3

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

I don't know... They said so in their reasons for war. You honestly think these two would declare war on someone that's militarily superior to them? Knowing they would lose, and just going "Hey! let's lose for fun!"

Also, congratulations. You're finally learning how stressful war is to coordinate.

Following up myself here. I suppose they really didn't care after all. So your argument is sound and I take back my words.

The furture of DEIC

failure-failure-darth-vader-demotivation

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

The furture of DEIC

failure-failure-darth-vader-demotivation

U suck at embedding 

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win