The Dragon and the Wolf

Hansarius

so why are you crying about this treaty so much then?

we are all terrible, so that sphere tS has been building for the last few months can easily destroy us all.

The only thing stopping most of you from growing your own alliances into the top 5 is yourselves.

Come on now too, TKR are in a great spot to bandwagon into any winning war they want, and far enough away to stay out of any losing war.  So nice job!

You are vastly misinterpreting tS' intentions yet again. As always, i'll cordially invite any of you lads in VE to hit me up on IRC if there is anything you wish to talk about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

You are vastly misinterpreting tS' intentions yet again. As always, i'll cordially invite any of you lads in VE to hit me up on IRC if there is anything you wish to talk about.

Just MDMAMHJP each other already.

LETS GET THE WHOLE TOP 10 IN ONE BLOC!!!! 

• Upvote 1

I can see why VE wants an ally, but why does UPN feel like they need more? If UPN is attacked, they get Mensa, BK(And perhaps BK's entire block), plus TC ofc. Now they want Paragon to? That has to be 70% of the games NS rushing to their aid if they are ever attacked o.o

UPN is probably the most secure AA in the histery of Orbis, I really cant see why they think TS is such a threat, especially* when most of TS's notable allies have direct ties to TC as well =/

Edited by Fistandantilus

I can see why VE wants an ally, but why does UPN feel like they need more? If UPN is attacked, they get Mensa, BK(And perhaps BK's entire block), plus TC ofc. Now they want Paragon to? That has to be 70% of the games NS rushing to their aid if they are ever attacked o.o

UPN is probably the most secure AA in the histery of Orbis, I really cant see why they think TS is such a threat, when most of TS's notable allies have direct ties to TC as well =/

Word on the street is that UPN is looking to start a fight themselves, so this treaty is probably more about aggressive war than defense.

UPN is probably the most secure AA in the histery of Orbis, I really cant see why they think TS is such a threat, especially* when most of TS's notable allies have direct ties to TC as well =/

That is a very true perspective, but let's be real - this is either UPN or VE attempting to be the aggressor now and most likely the target will be Syndicate.

It could just be a ruse too.  "Let's build up and see how they react!" kind of jest.

• Downvote 1

tl;dr, two long-time friends are now formal allies and the top 5 is now locked up tighter than your girlfriend's chastity belt. The people who were about to form a coalition to roll certain top 5 members just got preempted, and they are now !@#$ing to high heaven because they've been denied their primary targets, and what's worse, they are now vulnerable to rolling themselves.

Time to wait and see who gets rolled next; war cycle should be at least 2 months out.

@ Partisan: you betrayed your allies and subjected them to a rolling, which they only got out of because of mishaps on Guardian's part and because of banned hackers interceding into the game. Why do you think they would want to resume talks with you? Forgiveness, if there is such a thing, can only come in the span of years, and this will require necessity and opportunity; i.e, they'll see you as something useful to use and discard.

• Upvote 1

My ass smells way better than your mouth.

So, c'mon, go press your story and correct me. VE was trying to target UPN, when sources claimed that pre-War, VE and UPN were pretty close to a treaty except for the fact that both sides felt it would have been bad for the game. On the proposed Paragon attack on tC, it was VE that balked at attacking UPN, possibly in part because swing alliances would have gotten involved and turned it into a bloodbath, not dissimilar from Mensa's failed attack on VE, where Mensa has yet to regrow to pre-war levels.

Edited by Inst

@ Partisan: you betrayed your allies and subjected them to a rolling, which they only got out of because of mishaps on Guardian's part and because of banned hackers interceding into the game. Why do you think they would want to resume talks with you? Forgiveness, if there is such a thing, can only come in the span of years, and this will require necessity and opportunity; i.e, they'll see you as something useful to use and discard.

Years? The game is only just over a year old, buddy. :v

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

My ass smells way better than your mouth.

So, c'mon, go press your story and correct me. VE was trying to target UPN, when sources claimed that pre-War, VE and UPN were pretty close to a treaty except for the fact that both sides felt it would have been bad for the game. On the proposed Paragon attack on tC, it was VE that balked at attacking UPN, possibly in part because swing alliances would have gotten involved and turned it into a bloodbath, not dissimilar from Mensa's failed attack on VE, where Mensa has yet to regrow to pre-war levels.

You are completely and utterly wrong. VE was on board with it. Only problem VE had was the way we were going to do it.

• Upvote 2
6XmKiC2.png

tl;dr, two long-time friends are now formal allies and the top 5 is now locked up tighter than your girlfriend's chastity belt. The people who were about to form a coalition to roll certain top 5 members just got preempted, and they are now !@#$ to high heaven because they've been denied their primary targets, and what's worse, they are now vulnerable to rolling themselves.

Time to wait and see who gets rolled next; war cycle should be at least 2 months out.

What mishaps on Guardian's part are you speaking of?

You really are clueless.

Edited by Vosunda

@Boony: Logs please. The reason it doesn't make sense is that while tC targeting was rational for the next-next war, given that there would be no other major targets once the swing alliances were shut down, tC was too huge and the possibility of swing alliances jumping in would have made it impossible to assail during the last war cycle. If tC was a target, double-stomping the last war's losers would help to take the swing alliances out of commission, and with adroit diplomatic play tC would have been prevented from getting involved. With tS in Paragon, there would have been enough force to guarantee a decisive, as opposed to an indecisive, conclusion.

@Vosunda: Guardian took the most damage out of all alliances on your side during the last war. I don't want to go into details, but if you didn't have bad doctrine, you had bad tactics.

@Buorhann: I wouldn't be so lame as to avoid the scientific method in judging the smell of my ass, and as such, I elected to use a carefully selected group of MensaHQ members as my focus group. They have agreed to agree that your face smells worse than my ass. Thank you very much.

My concern is one of human anatomy: how does one sniff one's own... you know? I saw some acrobatic people at Cirque du Solei who could probably manage that but they were a rare breed.

This is very perplexing.

I must go draw up diagrams now. Will share results with group when done.

"VE and UPN were pretty close to a treaty except for the fact that both sides felt it would have been bad for the game"

That's also completely and utterly wrong.

Holy shit man. If you're not going to play the game and only comment on politics, at least make sure you know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 4
6XmKiC2.png

Word on the street is that UPN is looking to start a fight themselves, so this treaty is probably more about aggressive war than defense.

More than word on the street when we can see them arming up.

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

"VE and UPN were pretty close to a treaty except for the fact that both sides felt it would have been bad for the game"

That's also completely and utterly wrong.

Holy shit man. If you're not going to play the game and only comment on politics, at least make sure you know what you're talking about.

Yeah it was due to someone in our FA department *kremt SARU* going on summer vacation thus not answering VE, and not anything about it beeing bad for the game. 

Ole2.png

Yeah it was due to someone in our FA department *kremt SARU* going on summer vacation thus not answering VE, and not anything about it beeing bad for the game. 

An alliance of over 100 people was hamstrung in a major FA move by 1 (one) person going inactive for a few months?  Either your entire alliance is monumentally incompetent or you are full of shit.  As much fun as the former would be it is obviously the latter.

Edited by LordRahl2
  • Upvote 3

-signature removed for rules violation-