The Dragon and the Wolf

Hansarius

Not defending this treaty (I still think this is way too sudden, like really...), but mind you everyone have different ideas on what is fun and isn't. If your idea of fun is total warfare, then by all means you're welcome to do so.

E: ninja'd =.=

Edited by Atzuya
UedhRvY.png

This treaty is overkill.

Where is the fun, I ask you?

There isn't any.

What will Mensa do without UPN to hide behind the next time they go off and start shit? 

There is plenty. 

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

This was totally contrary to expectations.

I thought Mensa+UPN would have rerolled VE as the most likely outcome, Mensa + VE would have rolled UPN as the second most likely outcome, and VE + UPN would have rolled Mensa has the third most likely outcome.

The rationale would have been that VE would have preferred UPN rolled once before forming a formal treaty, because UPN's passivity makes it questionable as a hegemonic leader, which is its status in the present game.

At the present rate, Mensa remains tied to UPN directly, so none of these outcomes are probable, Synd and Arrrgh are instead vulnerable on the treaty web?

That said, hegemonies are inevitable. Games like these spend some of their time in hegemonic structures, some of their time in anarchic structures. PnW has spent too much time in anarchy and structures that represent meta-stability, now formal stability must arise.

Let's see where the new top 5 grouping leads us, as well as how long it'll last.

This was totally contrary to expectations.

I thought Mensa+UPN would have rerolled VE as the most likely outcome, Mensa + VE would have rolled UPN as the second most likely outcome, and VE + UPN would have rolled Mensa has the third most likely outcome.

The rationale would have been that VE would have preferred UPN rolled once before forming a formal treaty, because UPN's passivity makes it questionable as a hegemonic leader, which is its status in the present game.

At the present rate, Mensa remains tied to UPN directly, so none of these outcomes are probable, Synd and Arrrgh are instead vulnerable on the treaty web?

That said, hegemonies are inevitable. Games like these spend some of their time in hegemonic structures, some of their time in anarchic structures. PnW has spent too much time in anarchy and structures that represent meta-stability, now formal stability must arise.

Let's see where the new top 5 grouping leads us, as well as how long it'll last.

lolwut?

Tbh, I'm surprised that people are surprised. UPN gov has made it no secret that they like VE nor vice versa. If anything, people should be surprised it's taken this long.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Old man Hans o/

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

So, amuse me, what are the odds of Mensa losing its treaty with UPN? ;)

I don't amuse anyone, you exist to amuse me. Now dance, boy.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Worst move I've seen in a while. So we have this 3 group structure that could make it interesting, I've an idea, let's merge two of the groups and go back to it being dull. Jesus christ.

When you want something done right, do it yourself. Make a 3rd side. 

q8nfyvc.gif

"This has been a long time coming"

No, it hasn't.  This was a spur of the moment move of cowardice.  VE, you have no honor.  UPN, you have no honor.  Dishonor on your cow, dishonor on this poorly-written treaty, and dishonor on you when both of you crumble when the rest of the world wakes and sees you for the cowards you are.

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

So, amuse me, what are the odds of Mensa losing its treaty with UPN? ;)

Honestly it'd be a bad move.  That would most definitely push UPN to VE's side if it happened.

I won't lie, it was a good move on UPN's part, and what ever VE said to get it done?  Well done.  It really stirred up some activity.  Now it's a tug-o-war with them between Mensa and VE.  Can't really blame them.

However, was this strictly done cause of Mensa?  Seems we have a lot of attention too, which is weird considering we tend to draw attention when we shitpost a lot - which hasn't been done at all since the most recent war came to a conclusion.  So that makes me wonder...

My personal thoughts on the matter:  Why would the #1 alliance treaty up with the #2 ( Or vice-versa?  Depending on who initiated it )?  It really does hurt the game having the membership powerhouses stuck together like that.  It was more interesting with the trifecta of developing spheres.

And honestly?  I wouldn't mind if Mensa cut ties with UPN.  It'd definitely make things more interesting for Mensa and give us more odds to battle against, which I personally love.  The Great VE War was by far the most fun I've had in the game ( Granted the same can't be said for every one ).  That is, if conflict occurs after this.

I don't know, it's just strange.

• Downvote 1

"This has been a long time coming"

No, it hasn't.  This was a spur of the moment move of cowardice.  VE, you have no honor.  UPN, you have no honor.  Dishonor on your cow, dishonor on this poorly-written treaty, and dishonor on you when both of you crumble when the rest of the world wakes and sees you for the cowards you are.

I don't know who you are, but you certainly seem to know a lot about us, so kudos to you.

• Upvote 1

lolwut?

Tbh, I'm surprised that people are surprised. UPN gov has made it no secret that they like VE nor vice versa. If anything, people should be surprised it's taken this long.

Seriously. We were friends before the Great VE War, and fighting alongside each other was a great experience, and UPN really stepped up for us. The relationship has been building to this point for a long time, and after months of getting close but not actually making it official, we are making it official.

• Upvote 2

I don't know who you are, but you certainly seem to know a lot about us, so kudos to you.

I've known you and VE for a very, very long time, and as usual, your cowardice grows wherever it gets the chance to bloom.

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

And honestly?  I wouldn't mind if Mensa cut ties with UPN.  It'd definitely make things more interesting for Mensa and give us more odds to battle against, which I personally love.  The Great VE War was by far the most fun I've had in the game ( Granted the same can't be said for every one ).  That is, if conflict occurs after this.

I don't know, it's just strange.

Being honest, I expect Mensa to cut ties. I'm just sitting back and watching to see if my theory is right. 

Edit: Was uneducated on the existing treaty.

Edited by Ashwyn Traverse

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Article VI

If times do come

when either one

will fly or flee

from other, then we

will wait three moons

and depart as friends

depending on what your definition of 'moon' as a unit of time is...does this mean you need three days before you can break this off or 90 days? 

• Upvote 2