9/1/2015 - What's Going On

Alex

• Administrators

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I will reiterate. Can you please start keeping daily backups?

As you might imagine, this is lower priority than getting the game running again, but yes, we're going to be doing more frequent backups.

• Upvote 3

I would love to see an explanation of why a rollback was deemed unnecessary this weekend after the "glitch", but after VE had a few government members kicked out it suddenly became important to roll back 4 days instead of just putting them back in the alliance and giving them any money that may have been stolen. 

• Upvote 3

[WARNING-MAY BE SENSITIVE TO SOME PEOPLE] Number Two- Why didn't they do this on 9/11? It would be 'a coincidence' for it to align up with the real world attribute attack that caused millions in losses (All those steels are gone!!! Why?!!!)

Edit: Misread, but I don't think a game shutting down for a day would really have an impact on people like the real event

Edited by Alataq
  • Upvote 2

dpluao815a3.png

My guess, is because after the "VE hack" it showed that the actions of a last few days were not a glitch, and actually malitious actions on the part of one, or multiple people.  Who knows what other smaller currently undetected changes they could have made.  So its probably better for everyone to roll it back a few days.

And just in case you are wondering, As the head of VE's military, I also really dont like the fact that we are rolling back as well.  So even tho it seems like multiple Mensa members think we are celebrating over in VE, we are not.

As you might imagine, this is lower priority than getting the game running again, but yes, we're going to be doing more frequent backups.

Obviously.

I am just reiterating a point that I have been rambling about on for months, yet nobody seems too listen. And hopefully now they will.

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

My guess, is because after the "VE hack" it showed that the actions of a last few days were not a glitch, and actually malitious actions on the part of one, or multiple people.  Who knows what other smaller currently undetected changes they could have made.  So its probably better for everyone to roll it back a few days.

And just in case you are wondering, As the head of VE's military, I also really dont like the fact that we are rolling back as well.  So even tho it seems like multiple Mensa members think we are celebrating over in VE, we are not.

This may be the case. I had relayed to Sheepy a while back that the exploiters who used to cheat in the game, had access to the cronjobs. So I hope he acted on it, and this isn't a consequence of him ignoring it.

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

All things considered I'm honestly not even in the mood for war after this. Given the circumstances I'd rather just get back to rebuilding at this rate. Unfortunately war will be waged either way. Hoping not, but I doubt it.

Edited by Jose Rodriguez III

All things considered I'm honestly not even in the mood for war after this. Given the circumstances I'd rather just get back to rebuilding at this rate. Unfortunately war will be waged either way. Hoping not, but I doubt it.

You took the same sentiments I have knowing I am going to buy and pick up two new ps4 games and one of them is a war strategy game which I will be focusing more than PW

Ignore the whining Sheepy, you'll never be able to please everybody (especially in game where a lot of people really like to express their opinions). the game was hacked, so long as this rollback will prevent future intrusions I'm happy and i'm sure most people would rather have lost 5 days and still have a game to play rather than not rolling back and having the game repeatedly hacked because that's what would actually make most people quit.

Thanks for your hardwork getting it back up again :)

• Upvote 2

You took the same sentiments I have knowing I am going to buy and pick up two new ps4 games and one of them is a war strategy game which I will be focusing more than PW

It's not even about that.

The war has been a good time. It's kind of like getting a huge play on 3rd down in the NFL, moving the chains in the process and then finding out that one of your offensive lineman was holding. Now that gain is essentially negated and you'll either be on 3rd down again or get demoted to 4th down. I'm still glad Sheepy has brought on ss23 and that he's worked hard to get the game back on as quickly as possible, but it doesn't change the fact that the actions taken have a demoralizing effect.

I'm not leaving PnW anytime soon. Not unless PT gets fixed(which it realistically never will at this rate)

Edited by Jose Rodriguez III

If you are not celebrating then you are fools...well you did ally with Rose but that being said I have generally found your alliance to be alright in this war.

-signature removed for rules violation-

I would love to see an explanation of why a rollback was deemed unnecessary this weekend after the "glitch", but after VE had a few government members kicked out it suddenly became important to roll back 4 days instead of just putting them back in the alliance and giving them any money that may have been stolen. 

I can only assume a lot of whining went on and this proved a convenient time to do a rollback.

I mean personally I don't have a huge horse in the race or anything, but I just lost a bunch of new members who remained active and now may not. Stopping the whining of a few people isn't worth the damage it'll do to the new players who signed up. 

Most games get hacked occasionally, the difference is that our admins keep us updated and do their best to fix it ASAP. Also, Pfeiffer, if you feel like leaving, you're always welcome.

• Upvote 2

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I can only assume a lot of whining went on and this proved a convenient time to do a rollback.

No whining went on, Sheepy was informed by numerous players (By VE Gov and by players from other alliances) Sheepy acted on it by taking the game down,  and rightfully so as it showed the system was way to easy to game access to.

The roll back is far from convenient, When the 'glitch' occurred it hurt VE because we had had a successful blitz against TEst, But we didn't moan, we continued on and declared new wars. Then VE gets hacked, All our gov gets removed, bank cleared out and most of the members kick out too. So, It wasn't just the Gov who got kicked, It was most of the members too. 

I reiterate, The roll back is far from convenient, but it is indeed necessary as we know of large changes, but there may well be many small changes that went undetected.

No whining went on, Sheepy was informed by numerous players (By VE Gov and by players from other alliances) Sheepy acted on it by taking the game down,  and rightfully so as it showed the system was way to easy to game access to.

The roll back is far from convenient, When the 'glitch' occurred it hurt VE because we had had a successful blitz against TEst, But we didn't moan, we continued on and declared new wars. Then VE gets hacked, All our gov gets removed, bank cleared out and most of the members kick out too. So, It wasn't just the Gov who got kicked, It was most of the members too. 

I reiterate, The roll back is far from convenient, but it is indeed necessary as we know of large changes, but there may well be many small changes that went undetected.

All of those things should be easy to fix. 

Also worth mentioning, part of this is a result of Sheepy moving servers, and having to revert to the last backup. Far from convenient, but it has little to do with whining.

Then the current version could have been backed up and then had that moved. Convenient excuse, but that is all it seems to be.  

Including any and all UNDETECTABLE little changes? Wow your attention to detail is horrendous. 

Ahhh, so rather than the detectable large curb stomping you received we are now to believe that this is good because of possible 'undetectable little changes'.  I see - that makes perfect sense now.

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

Ahhh, so rather than the detectable large curb stomping you received we are now to believe that this is good because of possible 'undetectable little changes'.  I see - that makes perfect sense now.

Curbstomping? Our top tier was fine.

Having an entire top ten AA taken over by a hack is a pretty big deal, if Sheepy has to roll back the game and change servers to make it more secure then so be it. If Sheepy did nothing then it would probably keep happening to other alliances, and if it were YOUR alliance I guarantee you would change your tune. It doesn't matter who was winning what, the security of the game comes first so it doesn't happen again. 

• Upvote 2

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

• Jax locked this topic