5/28/2015 - Updating the Forum Skin

Alex

• Administrators

The old skin we were using (Xbox Skin) had some pretty funky issues. It was a cheap, unreliable skin that while I thought looked good on my 1920x1080p monitor, did not fare well on low resolution monitors, and also was a little wonky with blogs.

I've purchased and installed a new skin that I've been fighting with for hours to try and get the colors right. At the end of the day, you can use the "Edit Style" button near the top right to customize them however you'd like. This skin is different, and it's going to take some getting used to, I understand, but I think it's overall a much better skin.

If you really hate it, you're welcome to use the "Change Theme" button at the very bottom left hand corner of the page, and there's quite a few options you have to pick from, including the old default Xbox Skin.

Hope you don't hate me too much for this :P

• Upvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you really hate it, you're welcome to use the "Change Theme" button at the very bottom left hand corner of the page, and there's quite a few options you have to pick from, including the old default Xbox Skin.

Thank you much for leaving this available. While I appreciate you changing the theme to fix issues and make it better, I like the older one better (and never had issues). Too often web designers just update skin and leave you no choice but to accept it, so this is very much appreciated.

Hey Sheepy, thanks!  This will allow all Mensa HQ nutjobs devotees to make the background the color of the sands of Pakistan and the main forum highlights a near-Paki green.

I would like it more if you made a true sand color available and darkened the green to match that of the Pakistani national flag.  But beggars cannot be choosers.

• Upvote 3

Priest of Dio

I always use ipboard anyway it's by far the best usability wise and you get a consistent look between desktop and mobile.

That's what I thought everyone already used...

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Is the new one gravity_blue or subway? The first one looks really odd

No, the new one is Subway.

If it's subway, it looks really odd :o

This is a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like: KIFGqMp.png

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You should make some more P&W youtube videos on that channel there :P Bring in some members and just have a good ol chat.

Jokes aside, this definitely is an upgrade, just feels new to me.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

Please capitalize the Politics and War Forums

It is really bugging me... >.>

It looks better/more modern in all lowercase, imo. I had it set up with capitals, and it just didn't feel right.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nice selection on the theme.  Until now, I've always used the default IPB theme here because I never cared for any of the custom themes.  This one is modern and easy on the eyes.  For what it's worth, there should be an option to disable the text logo and insert your Politics & War Forums image banner if you prefer it.  Great theme, though.

c3Ct0v4.png

• Jax locked this topic