Inexcusable

MRBOOTY

While I don't know the circumstances of the war nor of the peace settlement, if this is truly what happened, then Cobalt is out of line. I have no problem with the 50 million settlement, which while steep is possible if Celestial Union borrow money. What I'm not okay with is forcing the members to quit the game.

What are you idiots trying to do? We need more players, not less. Forcing active players to quit the game through bullying is NOT fine. This is how other MMOGs die. When active players quit, if there is no new active players or not enough active players compared to those driven away, the game will die. Play responsibly, don't use your superior position to bully others. Bullying is NOT fine, in any game.

It is a culture that must be stopped before it becomes the norm.

Tiberium Alliances had such a great game design for a web game, unfortunately bullying is rampant, and no new players joined. So to keep the game from fading into obscurity, players are allowed to make multi accounts, which actually drove the game even deeper into death. It's still alive now, but apart from the few players at the top having like 5-6 multi accounts, there is not much development ingame. You can still play peacefully, as losing a defensive battle does not automatically kick you out of the game, but the only way to play peacefully is if you stay at the far side of the island, which has nothing in the way of resources.

Edited by Alice Lune
  • Upvote 3

t involves the founder of the original Celestial Union ZIing himself, and the 5 person alliance he was in giving 50 million dollars to Cobalt. In a month.

ftfy

What are you idiots trying to do? We need more players, not less. Forcing active players to quit the game through bullying is NOT fine. This is how other MMOGs die. When active players quit, if there is no new active players or not enough active players compared to those driven away, the game will die. Play responsibly, don't use your superior position to bully others. Bullying is NOT fine, in any game.
Players and alliances should act in their best interests, I disagree that players shouldn't play how they want just because they could kill the community. However, I do think alliances shouldn't do this because other people might get pissed at them and roll them.
Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yes, this is something of what happened when I was kicked from CU.

I had that loan with Ashland that I had not paid back in time, the totals went up to 13 mill. So the last thing I remember them dumping me in a lonely pit leaving it up to me to deal with. So that was the last time I trusted them with anything.

They act on a set of rules where if you don't agree with Grealind or you do something wrong you are not Cobalt/CU member anymore. All interests are towards Grealind

Edited by Lysandre Mackintosh
  • Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

I have zero problem with disbanding alliances anything of that nature.  Being "active" does not mean you automatically make the game a better place, or benefit the community in anyway whatsoever. There any number of active players (both in game and on the forums) who the game would be better off if they were driven off. 

And for the love of god, can we stop calling wars "bullying". Jesus !@#$ing Christ people. Online bullying is a legitimate problem. Beating the shit out of an another alliance or nation isn't bullying. 

Now as Under said, driving an alliance out might be a poor idea because of the repercussions visited upon you and your alliance. But that's it. It's not bullying, or evil, or morally wrong. It's a playstyle in an online game.

And wow MrBooty way to take a stand by "not being quiet about it" on the forums. Way to take a stand. It just makes the head spin how principled you are, and how valiantly you stand up for those principles.

You can all return to your regularly scheduled session of linking arms and singing Kumbaya now. 

• Upvote 6
wF9Bjre.gif

I have zero problem with disbanding alliances anything of that nature. Being "active" does not mean you automatically make the game a better place, or benefit the community in anyway whatsoever. There any number of active players (both in game and on the forums) who the game would be better off if they were driven off.

And for the love of god, can we stop calling wars "bullying". Jesus !@#$ Christ people. Online bullying is a legitimate problem. Beating the !@#$ out of an another alliance or nation isn't bullying.

Now as Under said, driving an alliance out might be a poor idea because of the repercussions visited upon you and your alliance. But that's it. It's not bullying, or evil, or morally wrong. It's a playstyle in an online game.

And wow MrBooty way to take a stand by "not being quiet about it" on the forums. Way to take a stand. It just makes the head spin how principled you are, and how valiantly you stand up for those principles.

You can all return to your regularly scheduled session of linking arms and singing Kumbaya now.

Isn't this basically the Orbis version of demanding someone's lunch money? As said before, the war itself I had no problem with. Threatening to force someone to leave the game pretty much crosses the line into a personal attack, but otherwise I do agree that the accusation of "bully" is overused here.

As for the idea that certain players do have a negative contribution to the game, once again you are sort of right, but this is not a case of one of them getting attacked.

As for the valiant thing, my name is MrBooty, and my avatar is of Snoop Dogg. If I wanted to look noble and valiant, I would probably have a picture of an actor holding some kind of weapon as my profile picture, and I would probably be the leader of an alliance named something that seemingly came out of Game of Thrones. ;)

But you are right, I do want to be positive and make this game fun for everyone. But usually I'm quieter when I'm annoyed.

Edited by MRBOOTY
  • Upvote 3

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

As for the valiant thing, my name is MrBooty, and my avatar is of Snoop Dogg. If I wanted to look noble and valiant, I would probably have a picture of an actor holding some kind of weapon as my profile picture, and I would probably be the leader of an alliance named something that seemingly came out of Game of Thrones. ;)

Excellent shade. 10/10 well played.

• Upvote 2
wF9Bjre.gif

Right now I feel everyone else should just stay out of it, if you feel the need to be involved, best be speaking to Grealind. Don't need post making him looking bad, because I can see that falling back on me or Joshua.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

They act on a set of rules where if you don't agree with Grealind or you do something wrong you are not Cobalt/CU member anymore. All interests are towards Grealind

You mean to tell me Anson hasn't changed at all? :v

lol.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The terms are certainly nasty. Especially over "rights to a name" that Cobalt isn't actually using, and where the guy using the name is the original founder of the alliance by that name. I guess Cobalt, being a big swinging stick as the #18 alliance, is just flexing its power to grind an alliance they don't like into dust. Pretty sure if Mensa demanded these terms, there would be a huge outcry that would last for ages.

Edited by Avruch
  • Upvote 1

Reminds me of the Treaty of Versailles. Germany gets a the betting as the allies take apart their(Germany) country.

It's not like the WWI treaty. Only two alliances are involved, there's no "Big Four" anywhere, another member doesn't suggest the League of Nations.

Z98SzIG.png

It's not like the WWI treaty. Only two alliances are involved, there's no "Big Four" anywhere, another member doesn't suggest the League of Nations.

Not so true. France was responsible for the most punitive war reparations. Britain and the United States wanted a strong Germany as a buffer against Soviet influence.

Edit: Well there are Wilson 14 Points which explain his view, but Germany got off lightly compared to Austria. But Italy's influence and Wilsons don't match at the time the French security needs and GB's push for the LoN to succeed.

Edited by Mayor

The Russian revolution wasn't over yet...

Their influence was still observed but I may be wrong about GB taking a serious notice of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrograd_Soviet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Soviet_Russia_and_the_Soviet_Union_(1917%E2%80%9327)