4/15/2015 - Airstrikes & Alliance Bank Looting

Alex

• Administrators

This is a pretty quick little patch in an effort to balance the game a bit.

• Dogfights have been buffed slightly, you should be able to kill more enemy aircraft now
  • Airstrikes targeting tanks and ships have both been nerfed ever so slightly
  • Airstrikes targeting soldiers have been buffed to kill more soldiers
  • Getting ground control now only disables 1/3rd of your enemy's aircraft, instead of 1/2 as it was previously

• Lastly, I've disabled alliance bank looting. We're going to see if this is the cause of alliance banks disappearing. If there are no more reports of alliance banks going away, I'll scrutinize that section of code extra heavily until I find the cause. If an alliance bank does get reset after this change, I'll re-enable it and look elsewhere. This is just to debug the game, I'd like to have it back and functional ASAP.
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

<p>

• Dogfights have been buffed slightly, you should be able to kill more enemy aircraft now
  • Airstrikes targeting tanks and ships have both been nerfed ever so slightly
  • Airstrikes targeting soldiers have been buffed to kill more soldiers
  • Getting ground control now only disables 1/3rd of your enemy's aircraft, instead of 1/2 as it was previously

PEFLp5H.gif

• Upvote 6

q8nfyvc.gif

Dogfights have been buffed slightly, you should be able to kill more enemy aircraft now

Your joking right? I lost my entire air force of 54 planes to 3 nations of equal air force in a matter of hours. By the time I logged in several hours later, rebuying air force was not even a logical idea, because they get destroyed faster than I can possibly build them.

More benefits to the side that attacks first! Just what we need!

There is no war in this game anymore. It's simply "whoever attacks wins."

Can we just stop changing shit for no reason?

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Your joking right? I lost my entire air force of 54 planes to 3 nations of equal air force in a matter of hours. By the time I logged in several hours later, rebuying air force was not even a logical idea, because they get destroyed faster than I can possibly build them.

Can we just stop changing !@#$ for no reason?

Six Day War.

• Upvote 1

Literally every change in this update is bad. I think this might actually be a first in P&W's history.

• Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Hmmm... I'll let others talk about the changes here themselves. I just want to ask, what exactly prompted these changes? If we can get a little more input on why you change things Sheepy. It would help us understand a little better.

Edited by Hooves

It's simply "whoever attacks wins."

Why can't there be defensive Anti-Aircraft weapons and bunkers for defence. A nation should be allowed to select its own style of play. We have Iron Domes, so in that direction, it would be better if we get new units, which can be used only for defensive purposes.

• Upvote 1

It's simply "whoever attacks wins."

Why can't there be defensive Anti-Aircraft weapons and bunkers for defence. A nation should be allowed to select its own style of play. We have Iron Domes, so in that direction, it would be better if we get new units, which can be used only for defensive purposes.

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5672-manned-defenses/

• Upvote 1

1. Dogfights have been buffed slightly, you should be able to kill more enemy aircraft now

2. Airstrikes targeting tanks and ships have both been nerfed ever so slightly

3. Airstrikes targeting soldiers have been buffed to kill more soldiers

4. Getting ground control now only disables 1/3rd of your enemy's aircraft, instead of 1/2 as it was previously

1. I like this one since it was a pain to kill of 6-13 planes at a time.

2. I don't like this one :l planes were the best way to kill ships! this will make ships a lot stronger and as proven by TEst ships can do almost as much damage as missiles and maybe even more if the amount of ships is large enough.

3. This had to be fixed and this I like because before an airstrike against soldiers was just a straight up waste of a perfectly good attack.

4. Meh this one is so so in my opinion

eastwood.jpg

Or just have the nations total populace also factor into the strength of anti-air like it does against the ground.

I do think the changes to the air is a bit hefty.  The aggressor has complete control.  One good air strike and the opponents air force is permanently crippled or even obliterated.  You cannot replenish the air force back in time to even hope for a chance to repel.

I think a reserve queue should be introduced.

Build 200, put 100 of that into reserves.  Only 50% of what you put into reserves can be put into active duty per day.  Those in active duty must be wiped out before those in reserves can be hit ( Any extra damage can be carried over, however, to those in reserves ).  That way there's a way to reinforce more and on your own time ( Face it, not everybody is on this 24/7 ).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can we just stop changing !@#$ for no reason?

I agree with Fox Fire on this one. This will make "whoever attacks first wins" an even bigger problem. I've always on the aggressor's end, so I didn't encounter this personally, but considering how easy it is for me who's on the offensive to destroy an air force of almost equal strength simply because I struck first was kind of bad for those on the receiving end.

Also

Airstrikes targeting tanks and ships have both been nerfed ever so slightly

By slightly, do you mean not much change in the yields or visually significant change? Unless you make ships cheaper to allow large fleet engagements, I don't think this is a good change. Also, airstrike against tanks is a valid tactic, and if it is nerfed significantly, we'll probably see a long war with no end.

• Administrators

Hmmm... I'll let others talk about the changes here themselves. I just want to ask, what exactly prompted these changes? If we can get a little more input on why you change things Sheepy. It would help us understand a little better.

Looking at the results of high tier warfare.

Can we just stop changing shit for no reason?

Previously the number of aircraft you killed in a dogfight compared to the number of aircraft that you lost were pretty similar. This was not a big change, only slightly so in favor of the aggressor. If you're fighting, effectively, an airforce 3x your size you shouldn't expect to win.

I agree with Fox Fire on this one. This will make "whoever attacks first wins" an even bigger problem. I've always on the aggressor's end, so I didn't encounter this personally, but considering how easy it is for me who's on the offensive to destroy an air force of almost equal strength simply because I struck first was kind of bad for those on the receiving end.

Also

By slightly, do you mean not much change in the yields or visually significant change? Unless you make ships cheaper to allow large fleet engagements, I don't think this is a good change. Also, airstrike against tanks is a valid tactic, and if it is nerfed significantly, we'll probably see a long war with no end.

The number of ships killed by airstrikes was absurd in some instances. Losing 30-40 ships in one airstrike is far too much, and so the number of ships killed has been reduced, but not a lot. Maybe now it'll be like 25-35. Same with tanks, the numbers were just toned down a bit to make them less overpowered.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

As sheepy said, the changes are done based on top end war results from the GPA war. The tweaks won't see too much effect in the smaller battles with 50 AF e.t.c. regardless. Basically there was a lot of data gathered from top nations at war and then it was scrutinised and this was the result. Dog fights were pointless before as a bombing run killed more AF plus infra.

T7Vrilp.png

Looking at the results of high tier warfare.

Previously the number of aircraft you killed in a dogfight compared to the number of aircraft that you lost were pretty similar. This was not a big change, only slightly so in favor of the aggressor. If you're fighting, effectively, an airforce 3x your size you shouldn't expect to win.

The number of ships killed by airstrikes was absurd in some instances. Losing 30-40 ships in one airstrike is far too much, and so the number of ships killed has been reduced, but not a lot. Maybe now it'll be like 25-35. Same with tanks, the numbers were just toned down a bit to make them less overpowered.

When I was hitting Ships during the war I noticed that it was a little similar to how hitting Spies is. If I was going after 30 Ships I could take out like 10-15 if I had a decent enough Air-force. When the numbers got down though you would be taking out a smaller and smaller amount of Ships. I think there was one instance where I had an overwhelming number of Aircrafts and my opponent only had 2 Ships - at that point I could only take out 1.

It was impossible to break blockades on my own because of this. They could just rebuild 1 or 2 more Ships and it would be enough to stop me whenever I attacked.

Edited by Godfrey

If you get an immense on ships with af doesn't it break the blockade? If not maybe it should. Anyway, if they only have that many ships why not just buy some ships of your own it should be pretty easy if they're down that low.

T7Vrilp.png

If you get an immense on ships with af doesn't it break the blockade? If not maybe it should. Anyway, if they only have that many ships why not just buy some ships of your own it should be pretty easy if they're down that low.

It didn't break the blockade for me. I would support that change though.

Was blockaded and didn't have Steel to do so anyways. Plus no spies at that point - they could have just been spied away, I thought it better to ignore Ships all together if I was to have any chance.

Edited by Godfrey

Do aircraft now deal more infra damage as well?

I find it odd that an attack with 200 aircraft will do only 20-30ish damage to infrastructure, even if it's targeting another army unit (ships also kill ships, but they at least deal 100-200 infra damage).

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

All 54 of my planes were killed by 60 before I could log back in. Bad idea. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Jax locked this topic