3/24/2015 - General Notice

Alex

• Administrators

Hello everyone, I want to give you a heads up that I'm going to be temporarily absent here soon.

For those curious, I'm taking a trip with friends to Peru for 9 days (plus 2 for travel). I'll be leaving Thursday (the 26th) and won't get back until April 6th. In the meantime, I'm like 99% sure I won't have access to reliable internet to manage the game. I've set some things in place to make sure things don't go to all hell while I'm gone (not that I think they will), but I apologize for any delay in the credit redemption counter being reset at the beginning of April. It should be pretty close to Midnight, server time, but may be early or late a few hours and there won't be anyone to post an announcement when it happens. The nation bonuses will remain the same for the next month.

Just so you know, no one will be able to process flag donations, portraits, or alliance pips during this period. If you've got something like that you want to submit, you'll have to do it in roughly the next 24 hours or wait until I get back. 

Lastly, and what I regret to inform you the most, is that alliance banks will not be fixable during this time. To fix them requires me to manually go through records and take care of it, and it's something I need to be around to do. I'm going to comb through as much code as I possibly can, going back and looking for any obvious fixing I can make to alleviate this issue entirely, but there's no real way of knowing whether I fixed it or not without knowing what's causing it. Every time I'm hopeful that I nailed the bug it seems to come back and bite me in the butt. 

I'm not sure how you'll want to manage it, but if you don't want to risk it I'd allocate most of your funds/resources to nation(s) within the alliance that you trust. At the very least, I'll be able to fix them when I return. I wanted to announce this publicly so that everyone would receive the same warning.

Thanks, everyone, and please try not to burn the place down while I'm gone? 

:)

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Hello everyone, I want to give you a heads up that I'm going to be temporarily absent here soon.

For those curious, I'm taking a trip with friends to Peru for 9 days (plus 2 for travel). I'll be leaving Thursday (the 26th) and won't get back until April 6th. In the meantime, I'm like 99% sure I won't have access to reliable internet to manage the game. I've set some things in place to make sure things don't go to all hell while I'm gone (not that I think they will), but I apologize for any delay in the credit redemption counter being reset at the beginning of April. It should be pretty close to Midnight, server time, but may be early or late a few hours and there won't be anyone to post an announcement when it happens. The nation bonuses will remain the same for the next month.

Just so you know, no one will be able to process flag donations, portraits, or alliance pips during this period. If you've got something like that you want to submit, you'll have to do it in roughly the next 24 hours or wait until I get back. 

Lastly, and what I regret to inform you the most, is that alliance banks will not be fixable during this time. To fix them requires me to manually go through records and take care of it, and it's something I need to be around to do. I'm going to comb through as much code as I possibly can, going back and looking for any obvious fixing I can make to alleviate this issue entirely, but there's no real way of knowing whether I fixed it or not without knowing what's causing it. Every time I'm hopeful that I nailed the bug it seems to come back and bite me in the butt. 

I'm not sure how you'll want to manage it, but if you don't want to risk it I'd allocate most of your funds/resources to nation(s) within the alliance that you trust. At the very least, I'll be able to fix them when I return. I wanted to announce this publicly so that everyone would receive the same warning.

Thanks, everyone, and please try not to burn the place down while I'm gone? 

:)

I offer my services to all alliances who want to avoid running the risk of losing money to the glitch over the month that Sheepy will be gone.

Introducing Cirrus' new "Quick, Just Get it in the Car! Just Get the Dufflebag in the Car!" package: We'll take any money from your alliance and give you a cool 5% weekly interest rate during the time the two or three months Sheepy is gone.

Bye, Sheepy, see you when you get back in four or five months.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 4

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Inb4 Sheepy leaves and never comes back

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Dont join a pan flute band, or worse, become part of one

• Upvote 2

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

• Administrators

Please ensure someone can handle the bank bugs

I just stated no one can handle this but me. That's why I gave everyone fair warning, otherwise I may have just disappeared and been back before anyone really noticed.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I just stated no one can handle this but me. That's why I gave everyone fair warning, otherwise I may have just disappeared and been back before anyone really noticed.

Arthur is what you call... A "gifted" child

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Have fun in Peru! It's a nice place to go :)))

Give us some feedback after you come back. What is worth visiting, and what may I not spend so much time on when I go there :)

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jax locked this topic