If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears.

Kurdanak

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5098-if-you-enjoy-the-fragrance-of-a-rose-you-must-accept-the-thorns-which-it-bears/?p=77610  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have been the next Emperor of Rose?

eI7L8bi.png

Take a few minutes, in silence, and gaze at a rose; you'll notice several interesting attributes. First, you notice its petals and the fragrance that flows from within them, attracting many who pass by regardless of their often mysterious intentions. Next you notice the leaves and their leaflets, slowly swaying in the breeze where they grow and absorb energy. You follow the petiole down to the long stem that stores and distributes nutrients and water where necessary throughout the rose. While studying the stem, you acknowledge the thorns that readily and willingly defend the rose from those who may wish to take advantage of it. Finally, you follow the stem all the way down to the ground, where the strong roots keep the entire rose sturdily fastened to the ground while they absorb nutrients and water.

Without the petals and fragrance, the rose could not attract the attention of those that assist in keeping it strong and healthy. Nobody would notice the rose, and it would wither away without a soul to care. Without the leaves, the rose would soon starve and wither. Without the stem, the leaves would quickly turn brown and flow away in the wind. Without the thorns, those who wish to do harm to the rose would have their way, and the rose would quickly be destroyed. Without the roots, the entire rose would fall and all of the life and nutrients would return into the ground.

At this point, those gazing at the rose may ask themselves: "What the hell am I doing? I have things and stuff to do!"

Now I understand your concern, but trust me here, there's a point to all this! Just like a rose in nature, our dear Rose needs its roots in the form of internal affairs, its thorns in the form of military affairs, its stem in the form of economic affairs, its leaves in the form of the academy and citizens, and its petals and fragrance in the form of foreign affairs. Each and every part of Rose is necessary for it to flourish, though at times increased strength is needed due to external and internal conditions. Following the leaks and the exodus into The Rothschilds, Rose's internal and foreign affairs were in major need of attention. That's where I came in. Diplomacy, damage control, and generally just friendly politics both internally and externally is what I do. I like to believe that I did my job, and restored Rose to greater internal and foreign stability with tremendous help from Keegoz as my Regent (right-hand man in Foreign Affairs) and Lord of Economics, Belisarius as my Lord of Internal Affairs, Ranoik as my Lord of War, and my loyal Citizens. With that accomplished, many have been asking...what's next for Rose?

We have stable ground established for Rose at this point and there's certain areas calling for greater attention that I cannot satisfy at this time, due to greater concerns elsewhere that have greatly affected the amount of time and energy that I can dedicate to my alliance as Emperor. As such, I am infinitely pleased to deem Keegoz the next Emperor of Rose. There are many individuals inside and outside of Rose that I can thank for getting us back on our feet, but first and foremost would be Keegoz. I couldn't have made it this long without his nagging encouragement every time I started dragging my feet. We both have our strengths, and I'm confident that his are exactly what Rose needs right now.

I'd like to extend a final thank you to everyone that helped me during my time as Emperor. Major or minor, every bit helped and I am extremely grateful for that. I really do mean that. For those sad to see me go, I'm certainly not retiring entirely, just scaling back the stressors. :)

Spring is almost here (lol southern hemisphere), and it's time for Rose to bloom like never before. \o/

I'll end my announcement with this:
"But he who dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the Rose."
Interpret it how you wish. ;)

• Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1

[02:03:20] <+underlordgc> sooo
[02:03:33] <+underlordgc> is keegoz gonna get wrecked by GPA again?

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Congrats!

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Keegoz has done a lot for Rose and is well deserving of this post.

Keegoz ily. <3

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Kurdanak has told me all their sekrits. This time I shall prevail, and if not I'll just quit for 3 months.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

<Kurdanak[Rose]> http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5098-if-you-enjoy-the-fragrance-of-a-rose-you-must-accept-the-thorns-which-it-bears/

<Lyrositor[sigma]> Congratulations!

<Kurdanak[Rose]> NotABot: How do you feel about this historic event?

<NotABot> i made me feel like polls, notabot?

<Kurdanak[Rose]> NotABot feels like polls? Then polls there shall be!

<NotABot> it feels left out since i still talk

<Kurdanak[Rose]> We still love you, don't worry.

Please vote, it's urgent! :x

xzhPlEh.png?1

I'd also like to apologize to all the people I unintentionally ignored on IRC on a daily basis. >_>

[02:11:23] <@underlordgc> does that mean you'll stop ignoring me now?

[02:11:36] <@underlordgc> Kurdanak[Rose]?
[02:11:50] <@underlordgc> >.>
[02:12:07] <@underlordgc> ffs
[02:12:19] <LordStrum> lolno
[02:12:22] <LordStrum> Nice try, though.
[02:13:21] <Keegoz> Kurdanak[Rose] is a tease

Kurdanak has told me all their sekrits. This time I shall prevail, and if not I'll just quit for 3 months.

obama-beer.jpg

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

uh

lol

o/ succession

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I can't vote with ten/multiple options with a same person called Kudanak's bot

That reminds me! Careful, Keegoz; now that you're Emperor, Arthur James might try to sabotage your spies and get caught too! D:

His pre-edit post was even better:

I can't vote with ten/multiple options with a same person called JW Bush.

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Wiki Mod

Congrats Kurdanak.

My condolences Keegoz.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Congrats Keegoz!

o/ Rose

o/ Kurd

o/ Keegoz

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif