12/30/2014 - Notifications

Alex

• Administrators

Hi guys, I'm pleased to announce a relatively large change. Trade, Bank, Espionage, War, and Embargo messages have been removed entirely. Instead, they'll now show up on your Notifications page. There's a link to it just below your messages, and it'll keep track of the last 125 notifications for you. New notifications show up in bold, and once you've viewed them will go back to normal font weight.

Now your messages will stop being spammed with every trade, and you can clear all of your notifications in one click. 

The next, smaller change is that alliance announcements now show up in bold if you haven't read them, or someone has commented on them since your last viewing.

Lastly, the forum post bonus will be retired tomorrow night, so get those bonuses while you still can!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

For a second I didn't see the word "messages" so I read "Trade, Bank, Espionage, War, and Embargo have been removed entirely." and I was terrified that you were pulling the game into the ground.

That being said, nice update :P

• Upvote 1

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

nice update but darn i was so close to the 1k posts to :( any way nice job

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

• Administrators

Glad to hear all positive responses! I thought that even though this was relatively simple change, it would be a huge improvement to the game experience. Now when you see that you've got a message, it's actually a message! Yay!

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The notifications are a lot easier, I didn't like the war info clogging up the inbox.

• Upvote 1

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way."
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of
the man who leads that gains the victory."
-General George S. Patton

• Jax locked this topic