We're Gonna Make You an Offer You Can't Refuse -- A Seven Kingdoms Announcement

Tenages

SKLaF.png

lafamigliaprotectorate.jpg

All men tread different paths through life, as do all citizens of the Seven Kingdoms. Some spend their lives in one place, while others join in companionship for a period, then sojourn on as their inner fire directs. No matter where their journey takes them, they remain friends in our hearts, good comrades whom we hope to see again in the future.

Reagan has long been a man who deserves and has the respect and admiration of the Seven Kingdoms. For a goodly length of time, in multiple worlds, he led his own alliances of nations. His most recent alliance, The Blackstone Commission, merged and became one with Seven Kingdoms this past April. For the last 8 months, Reagan has spent his time as a Squire of the Seven Kingdoms. He has been an exemplary member, and we have been honored to have him. But the road goes ever on and on, and his own nature compels him to walk upon it, to new projects and adventures. And so Reagan, with our full support and good wishes, has begun the next stage of his illustrious career, building his next great alliance in La Famiglia. We wish him well, and ask the Seven Who Are One to bless the fortunes of La Famiglia.

Though Reagan now begins La Famiglia, he will always be a part of the Seven Kingdoms family. He has ever been a loyal member, willing to sacrifice for his brethren, and do whatever was asked of him. We honor that spirit of comradeship and family. We hold Reagan in great esteem, and believe Orbis will be enriched by the presence of La Famiglia. In that spirit, and to give La Famiglia the greatest chance of success, we declare them to be protected by the Seven Kingdoms, under the terms spelled out in this document. Any attack upon La Famiglia while they are under our protection will summon the wrath of the dragons upon the offender.

Article 1:
Seven Kingdoms and La Famiglia pledge peaceful coexistence and cooperation with each other. La Famiglia is further placed under the protection of the Seven Kingdoms; aggressive action towards La Famiglia will be responded to with all necessary diplomatic, economic, or military action.

Article 2:
This protectorate will last for 30 days, after which time it will be suspended, pending an evaluation. Should La Famiglia merge into another alliance, or should Reagan leave the government of La Famiglia, the protectorate will be suspended pending an evaluation. Should La Famiglia become a Top 10 Alliance, the protectorate is automatically voided.

Article 3:
This protectorate may be cancelled at any time, by either Seven Kingdoms or La Famiglia. In the event of such cancellation, the protectorate will be void 72 hours after official notice of cancellation is given.

Signed at Summerhall, December the Twenty-Ninth Two Thousand and Fourteen

For the Seven Kingdoms:

CodyK: King
Solomon: Duke Stark
Valdoroth: Duke Drox
Brooklyn666: Duke Cerwyn
RagnarBuliwyf: Duke Tagaryen

For La Famiglia:

Reagan: Capofamiglia

wF9Bjre.gif

Paperless protectorates tend to increase my workload quite a bit, and principles will always fall in the face of my overwhelming laziness.

But nah, since the whole point of a protectorate is to keep a small alliance from being hit, it works way better when it's actively spelled out. (Though I suppose that same argument has been made for treaties :P )

We've always had an exception in our policy for protectorates though, way back to when we first implemented it on another world. 

• Upvote 1
wF9Bjre.gif

I want to thank SK for extending this courtesy to a fledgling adventure with a hopeful future. I've had the pleasure of calling Tenages, Cody, and Ragnar friends for a couple of years now. Others in SK I first met when they joined BCOM in early PW, such as Sabriel, Brooklyn666, and SoS among others. I know I'll leave names out, but nonetheless, it was an honor to be a part of SK and to continue to be a part of the SK Family. And now, as I establish this new Family, the former will remain with me.

Now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, back to business. :)

c3Ct0v4.png

Paperless protectorates tend to increase my workload quite a bit, and principles will always fall in the face of my overwhelming laziness.

But nah, since the whole point of a protectorate is to keep a small alliance from being hit, it works way better when it's actively spelled out. (Though I suppose that same argument has been made for treaties :P )

We've always had an exception in our policy for protectorates though, way back to when we first implemented it on another world. 

I merely tease. Good luck with this guys. I like to see the increasing diversity of (competent) AAs.