12/24/2014 - New Site Design

Alex

• Administrators

I just launched an updated version of the site for testing. I will continue to improve it, but we now have a responsive website that should function 1000X better on mobile devices and on different sized desktops, etc. Special thanks to Phiney for making all of this possible. Please leave me your feedback here, and let me know if there's anything that got broke as I moved things over to the new design.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm sure you could tweak it so it displays a little better for different things, but overall its an improvement, especially if it works better for mobile devices.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

The new font looks like ass, but damn if the new setup doesn't just whistle on my android phone.  Smooth and fast, very responsive.  

Me likey so far.

• Upvote 1

All Hail Lardbelly!  Lord of Digestion!  Conqueror of Quesadillas!  Ruler of Rotissierie!  Potentate of Pizza!  Future Irresponsible Wielder of Thermonuclear Weapons! 

Bring me your finest meats and cheeses or be nuked into so much radioactive grit!  You have been warned.....

From my mobile device (Apple) it's awful. Shows up as one long screen that I can not zoom in and out of and portions of it are cut off. I.e. The activity box and cities display cuts off the left side of each section.

Ok so upon some more playing around the cities display and activity do end up showing up if I hold my phone landscape just not portrait.

My suggestion is the drop down button that you select in the upper left to get to your sidebar options. Freeze that at the top with the resources so users do not have to scroll up to the top each time in order to get to those options.

Edited by Chafire
  • Upvote 1

This looks very nice. I like the modern design. Except the fonts become a bit harder to read. Can something be done about the readability?

I hate when sites start to use the grey-fronts. It hurts my eyes. I prefer #000000 pure BLACK fonts.

Edited by Ace
  • Upvote 1

~

tumblr_lvdwo8dqCe1qcm0i5o2_r1_250.gif

" Fighting through the Storm "

~

It is easier on the eyes, more modern/professional feel to it these are the problems I'm seeing. 

-Resource Bar does not show 1/2 of the bar while on my macbook. 

-Logo on Mobile Site could be a bit larger, it looks out of place. 

-In City View, the question marks next to certain items looks too plain for me, If I was new I wouldn't really know I should "click to know more" 

-Alliance Page, the text that identifies as a title (i.e. side bar: founded, continent, color...etc) looks too plain, maybe bold or enlarge the text 

-Menu bar within alliance page and nation view page could be centered w/ this change instead of aligned to the left, I'm assuming this would look well on mobile too?

-Leaderboards, top 10 nations by score, nation names overlap - looks crappy

-Leaderboards, color stock bonus area looks a little...off 

-With the added change/smooth look to the game, I feel these buttons: construct, update policies, leave alliance. Could use an upgrade as well. Maybe make them look more like these forum buttons (i.e. post/more reply/new topic...etc)

Mobile: I use an iPhone 6 plus, the game looks fine other than some OCD "center" issues with the nation/alliance menu area. I don't mind scrolling down and I love the tab at the top to click the full menu down. o/

Overall though, I like the start of this and I realize it is new and there will be tweaks here and there. Good job on it so far. 

• Jax locked this topic