12/24/2014 - New Site Design

Alex

Love it! I think the new appearance will make the game a bit more attractive to new players and a bit more appealing to those who already play it. A worthy update in my opinion.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

My two biggest problems with the design is the fact that you have to scroll down to access all of the links on the left, such as forums and alliances, and the bubbles around links such as "Espionage" and "Show Wars" look ugly, though to be honest I'm not a big fan of the design in general. I personally feel like the design just doesn't contrast enough with itself. With all that being said I do like the fact that everything is faster! Feels silky smooth so far.

I want a legacy version, this format looks horrible.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Pretty sure there hasn't been a font change guys.

I think they mean format. I know I hate it. 

I thought this was going to be limited to mobile users only? Why must glorious desktop/laptop users be subjected to such horror?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

What about it do you dislike. There Isnt much change except from applying general design principles to a 1990s design. Give it a couple of days and you won't notice it. 2 rules. People will always be more vocal about disliking something, and people dislike change, even when it improves their experience.

T7Vrilp.png

What about it do you dislike. There Isnt much change except from applying general design principles to a 1990s design. Give it a couple of days and you won't notice it. 2 rules. People will always be more vocal about disliking something, and people dislike change, even when it improves their experience.

The buttons on the nation page are down-right ugly. Removing the lines from the tables makes things look off putting, especially since the problems with unique ID and government types make the same colored boxes more glaring. The hr between every link on the sidebar looks weird as well. The hyperlinks are a lighter shade of blue which is a bit harder to read. The government type button is now a bolded question mark but so is money and only one is clickable, what's up with that? That's only on one page, btw. I'm also ignoring the problems with things running off to a new line as I assume those are just bugs.

• Upvote 1

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

To be honest it just sounds like you have big brightness issues with your monitor as the lines are very much still there. I will talk to sheepy about giving a high contrast option for people with !@#$ monitors

Huh, I think you're right, there may be horizontal lines. But the lines are the same color as the grey shit, aw well. My brightness level is fine :P

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Definitely do Not add a poll, then you make everyone think they can change it and design by committee is the worst thing ever. Let people get used to it. BTW guys, font colour changes are due to bootstrap not a decision, so it probably wouldn't be a problem slightly darkening the menu and increasing contrast on the buttons.

T7Vrilp.png

Definitely do Not add a poll, then you make everyone think they can change it and design by committee is the worst thing ever. Let people get used to it. BTW guys, font colour changes are due to bootstrap not a decision, so it probably wouldn't be a problem slightly darkening the menu and increasing contrast on the buttons.

Can we at least have a poll to vote on whether or not we should have a poll to vote on this design change?

• Upvote 3

Can we at least have a poll to vote on whether or not we should have a poll to vote on this design change?

Uh, I'm not sure about that. How about we have a poll on whether or not we should have a poll to vote on this design change first?

• Upvote 2

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I like it, the only problem is just the font. Not sure if it got smaller, or the font color got lighter, but its generally harder to see. Zooming in somewhat fixes it but then I get a much limited view of the screen. 

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

Uh, I'm not sure about that. How about we have a poll on whether or not we should have a poll to vote on this design change first?

Of course, silly me. I may have jumped the gun a bit on that one.

Well, at least on computers, I think that the new format looks pretty great. My only real complaint would be that my resource bar starts halfway across the page, meaning most of it is cut off and unavailable for me to see. I suppose it is a bug, but I hope it gets fixed pretty quickly.

On the mobile version, what I liked about the old version was that, although you had to zoom in and play around with it at times, it was easy to navigate, you could get to anything pretty fast. Now there is a ton of scrolling around to find anything, the resource bar and other options are stuck at the top, and you have to scroll around and click more to get to where you want. This real slows down my navigation and actually doing stuff on mobile. In addition, I have to hold my phone in landscape to ensure everything isn't cut off. I think mobile might need a bit of redoing just because its become a chore to do a lot of stuff that was much more simple before.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Mobile navigation is actually a lot faster now ng, you were likely just used to the whole zoom and approximate the click whilst accidently pressing the wrong link thing. Once you get used to the quick scroll down and getting around with the drop nav it'll be a lot quicker for you I guarantee.

As for the resource bar this sounds like its a safari only bug.

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

Alright, fair enough. I will admit that the "click the wrong link" thing was a pain to deal with. I guess I'll give the new mobile a few days, see what I think then.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

• Jax locked this topic