A Final Announcement from the Marionette Coalition

Caillou

Also, wait a minute. I hate peace, If I wanted peace I'd be in GPA. I still have enough resources to send a few more missiles. Let us raise the swords because peace is boring as hell. (In hindsight, this might be why I'm no longer in UPN government)

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

There's a reason we disn't carry over the gag order. But it's still important sometimes to clarify when something is an individual opinion and not the opinion of the alliance.

I've never liked the "roll xyz" based on "member xyz" mentality.  Freedom of speech makes for a much more interesting world and these forums are another appendage of the game.

Well now that the war is over, the nations that agreed to the terms before (that wanted peace from the beginning), does this mean that we don't need to follow it anymore? so I can now get ships, tanks and so on? Had to get air craft after Diabolos went to war with me.

• Upvote 1

Well now that the war is over, the nations that agreed to the terms before (that wanted peace from the beginning), does this mean that we don't need to follow it anymore? so I can now get ships, tanks and so on? Had to get air craft after Diabolos went to war with me.

Yeah any individual terms are void now, go about your business.

• Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Yes, that's pretty scummy for Diablos to go after an ex-member.  Best of luck man.

Yes, that's pretty scummy for Diablos to go after an ex-member.  Best of luck man.

I know you like to paint DEIC in a bad light, but to be honest I can understand hitting Sheppard. I'd want to do the same if someone up and left Guardian in the middle of a war. I look at is as them abandoning and turning traitor.

Don't like how the alliance is doing things? Wait till after the war then leave, fight while/how you can during the war though.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I'm upset to not see my war stipulation. It would of been funny to see diabolos and saru in dresses singing "I'm a little tea pot" on you tube.

Oh well I guess it's over. Back to plotting and preparing for the next one. May it come soon.

o/guardian

o/SK

o/Rose

o/TEst

Oh hail

I know, I'm a DEIC traitor. Wasn't going to fight in the name of an alliance that didn't try for peace, set high taxes (50% at war time, 25% in war prep), didn't listen to my advice or me at all. I should have left sooner than I did to be honest, should have left during him saying prepare for war and up the taxes. After the war started I knew we were going to be destroyed because Diabolols failed to hear members like me saying that members, particularly new ones, were relaying too heavily on the bank. I wasn't going to be destroyed because of DEIC government (Diabolos) incompetence so I asked my attackers for a way out and they offered it and I took it.

I don't see his move as scummy, It's just a typical move. It's only scummy of him if he declares war again straight after this current one.

Edited by Sheppard

Frankly, I see why you left. I'm not a fan of DEIC leadership. I'm also not a fan of kicking a man while he's down. Maybe you'll get lucky and Diablos will let you slide since it would help the peace process. Or maybe he won't and someone will kick his ass again.

Who knows.

q8nfyvc.gif

I know, I'm a DEIC traitor. Wasn't going to fight in the name of an alliance that didn't try for peace, set high taxes (50% at war time, 25% in war prep), didn't listen to my advice or me at all. I should have left sooner than I did to be honest, should have left during him saying prepare for war and up the taxes. After the war started I knew we were going to be destroyed because Diabolols failed to hear members like me saying that members, particularly new ones, were relaying too heavily on the bank. I wasn't going to be destroyed because of DEIC government (Diabolos) incompetence so I asked my attackers for a way out and they offered it and I took it.

I don't see his move as scummy, It's just a typical move. It's only scummy of him if he declares war again straight after this current one.

This concludes why is DEIC was destroyed in the last war.

• Upvote 1

This concludes why is DEIC was destroyed in the last war.

Heh, I had to laugh at that post. TC lost for a few reasons, but our tax rate isn't one of them. If you really think that's why we lost, then I question whether you took your meds this morning Luckynako.

Yeah, always the victim, aren't we Sheppard? Trust me, we wanted peace more than anyone, but this war was a forgone conclusion a long time ago, and everybody here knows it, no one in TC could've stopped it. We told you that war would probably be happening and upped taxes so that we could help members prepare and possibly have a chance before war broke out. You were free to ask for aid anytime during prep or wartime, like plenty of other members did, but you refused to do so. As much as you love to hate on Diabolos, he isn't the only gov. member, and you were free to talk to any of us about a problem. I know we never saw any of your "many complaints". If you had actually stuck around, you would've seen we did change things up a little, but you quit practically when the war start.

Anyway, you really shouldn't be surprised we hit you. You not only walked out, you then proceeded to try and make us look bad with what little information you had. We had plenty of people who, instead of ragequitting and whining on the owf, actually stuck it out, took beatings far worse than you, maybe even dealt out damage of their own, and then got back up and started cooperating to rebuild and try to improve DEIC. Maybe you could take a lesson from them, but I digress. Enjoy your time in D'Haran, I hope you'll find better luck there.

Edited by TheNG

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Heh, I had to laugh at that post. TC lost for a few reasons, but our tax rate isn't one of them. If you really think that's why we lost, then I question whether you took your meds this morning Luckynako.

Yeah, always the victim, aren't we Sheppard? Trust me, we wanted peace more than anyone, but this war was a forgone conclusion a long time ago, and everybody here knows it, no one in TC could've stopped it. We told you that war would probably be happening and upped taxes so that we could help members prepare and possibly have a chance before war broke out. You were free to ask for aid anytime during prep or wartime, like plenty of other members did, but you refused to do so. As much as you love to hate on Diabolos, he isn't the only gov. member, and you were free to talk to any of us about a problem. I know we never saw any of your "many complaints". If you had actually stuck around, you would've seen we did change things up a little, but you quit practically when the war start.

Anyway, you really shouldn't be surprised we hit you. You not only walked out, you then proceeded to try and make us look bad with what little information you had. We had plenty of people who, instead of ragequitting and whining on the owf, actually stuck it out, took beatings far worse than you, maybe even dealt out damage of their own, and then got back up and started cooperating to rebuild and try to improve DEIC. Maybe you could take a lesson from them, but I digress. Enjoy your time in D'Haran, I hope you'll find better luck there.

Is the government of DEIC elected? Do you guys even have elections? Unelected leaders lack the moral authority to speak on behalf of all others. And from what i heard none of the government members in DEIC are elected.

Edited by Bernard1

Is the government of DEIC elected? Do you guys even have elections? Unelected leaders lack the moral authority to speak on behalf of all others. And from what i heard none of the government members in DEIC are elected.

Well Bernard, I can't quite see what this has to do with the topic at hand, but let's talk about DEIC's gov. For once, your sources are only partially wrong. As per our charter, all ministers are appointed by the chairman, based on time in the alliance, experience, merit, etc. This is done to ensure the most qualified people who wish to serve in the alliance get a chance. So no, we don't have elections for our government. But considering that DEIC is one of the oldest alliances here, and we've survived this long under the same system, we must be doing something right, moral authority or not. (That said, I am touched that you assumed we had morals or authority at all.)

However, we did try elections once back in alpha, which was when our last chairman was chosen. So Diabolos was actually elected democratically, the only current government member who was. And going by your standards, that gives Diabolos tons of moral authority to speak for everyone in the alliance. Of course, that's probably what you don't want to hear, but I thank you for giving us the moral high ground Bernard.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Well Bernard, I can't quite see what this has to do with the topic at hand, but let's talk about DEIC's gov. For once, your sources are only partially wrong. As per our charter, all ministers are appointed by the chairman, based on time in the alliance, experience, merit, etc. This is done to ensure the most qualified people who wish to serve in the alliance get a chance. So no, we don't have elections for our government. But considering that DEIC is one of the oldest alliances here, and we've survived this long under the same system, we must be doing something right, moral authority or not. (That said, I am touched that you assumed we had morals or authority at all.)

However, we did try elections once back in alpha, which was when our last chairman was chosen. So Diabolos was actually elected democratically, the only current government member who was. And going by your standards, that gives Diabolos tons of moral authority to speak for everyone in the alliance. Of course, that's probably what you don't want to hear, but I thank you for giving us the moral high ground Bernard.

Gosh , i am surprised. Maybe with the lack of  democracy in DEIC,  it is  not suprising that you guys do not see the need to explain those 50% tax and money being siphoned off to build up those select few. And when was the election ? Ages back i believe because there arent any announcement of the election results recently. And it is also the lack of democracy that lead to lack of accountability . In any case a government that lead the alliance to such a humiliating defeat in war should resign and step aside for new blood to come up and lead DEIC down a more decent road. And of course you guys label Sheppard as traitor and deserter but have you ever stop and ask yourself why did he leave or was it you guys that pushed him with the lack of accountabilty and transparency .

Edited by Bernard1
  • Upvote 1

-snip-

Lolwut?

I'm not even in VoC but c'mon, you're not a complete !@#$ are you? Democracies tend to fail in Nation sims which is why many older alliances try to avoid it. Democracy is not the end all, be all and sometimes you need to skip the popularity contest and just appoint decent people instead.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Victim? Never said I was. I remember stating that I was a traitor, did I not? I thought an explanation should be given to state why I left, some have asked that question to me. On the note of complaining, are you for real mate, do you not talk to Diabolos? I have said many times about my dissatisfaction with what's occurring. the programs, using the bank as an ATM machine. The whole time I was in the alliance (over 80 days) I borrowed a total of 2 million dollars, check the logs. Why do members need to be borrowing such large amounts of money, yes to grow but growing is one thing, you need to be teaching members how to save as well. Diabolos calls the shots, he doesn't like ya he won't put ya in power, he has the total power. so don't BS me.

When you prepare for a war, tax should be at 0, maybe tax on resources but money should be 0. I made that VERY clear to Diabolos. Rather funny how that information never got to you, but I guess when you look at it it was Diabolos.

You want to talk about government and it's operations and how wrong I am. Then why does a ranked 3 nation get over 10 million dollars from the bank. I remember 4 million be taken from the bank to Diabolos with the tittle war aid (we weren't even at war then). Oh wait it was Diabolos and he really needed another city before the 'war' broke out during our 'war prep'

I have yet to see anything that DEIC did to try and get peace and to be honest with the way DIabolos talks to people at times, I'm not surprised. I'll give you merit you may have tried, I don't know for sure. There is no democracy whatsoever in DEIC (not when I was in it). One thing I find rather odd is out of the 14 missiles Diabolos launched 4 of them were at me which means that with all those nations he was at war with, with all that extra money he had on hand, he launched 10 missiles at enemy nations during the war. If you don't know maths, from 11th DEC to 19th DEC he had a total of 9 wars, giving an average of 1.11 missiles launched at an enemy nations at war. He launched nearly quadruple the average (or nearly half of all missiles used in the war) at me. Don't know about you or others but I find that rather odd.

You say it's changed, well good, I hope it has. I wish DEIC all the best.

Now that the war is over and now that Diabolos got he's predicable revenge, I believe we go our separate ways. All the best for DEIC recovery and this new operation of government.

Lolwut?

I'm not even in VoC but c'mon, you're not a complete !@#$ are you? Democracies tend to fail in Nation sims which is why many older alliances try to avoid it. Democracy is not the end all, be all and sometimes you need to skip the popularity contest and just appoint decent people instead.

Agreed. Guardian doesn't have elections.

scSqPGJ.gif