A Final Announcement from the Marionette Coalition

Caillou

There is no irony in it... because I didn't care about it. In case you need a refresher of what happened, yet again people were sh@tposting about DEIC, and I raised the point that an alliance in your coalition had a 75% tax rate at some point. Which they did.

Did I care, or cry that it's a huge exploitation of their members? No.

I am not saying it's hypocritical to keep tabs on other alliances. I am saying it's hypocritical to criticise acts of alliances, when you supported the same acts when it was your friends committing them. That's the convenient double standard here.

Rose had a tax rate of 75% every other tuesday before the war (or something like that) to get a better bank to hand out to their members (note: not just their government members).

Also, why the hell is this still going on? The war boners should be done, if you still have a war bone for 4 days or more after the war has ended call your doctor immediately.

Edited by Shellhound
  • Upvote 2

uHQTKq6.png

No, the irony is you telling people to stay out of DEIC's business because it has nothing to do with them, when clearly you and DEIC have made sure other alliances business is your own in the past. Continue though to evade the points, I see your true intentions.

I like how in arguments you get progressively Shakespearean as it goes on lol.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

No, the irony is you telling people to stay out of DEIC's business because it has nothing to do with them, when clearly you and DEIC have made sure other alliances business is your own in the past. Continue though to evade the points, I see your true intentions.

Not sure if you are honestly confused, or purposely obtuse.

What point have you made that I evaded?

Like I said to you already, being aware of something, as I was with the 75% tax rate, is not the same as proactively smearing someone and talking shit about them every chance they get. What tax rate alliance keep has nothing to do with people outside of the alliance, and going around criticising these policies is absurd. Have you seen me criticise Rose/SK/Guardian or anyone else for the taxes they set? No. Whereas there are plenty of posts from people outside of DEIC trying to further their agenda by shitposting about DEIC.

When you find me going around obsessively criticising an alliance for their internal policies, your argument will have some substance. Until then, don't pretend that you have a valid point.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Rose had a tax rate of 75% every other tuesday before the war (or something like that) to get a better bank to hand out to their members (note: not just their government members).

Also, why the hell is this still going on? The war boners should be done, if you still have a war bone for 4 days or more after the war has ended call your doctor immediately.

Right -- just to clear it up, I have never said this in any sort of "negative light" and only said it in response to people talking about DEIC exploiting members and having the highest tax rate in the game.

You don't need to justify their actions to me, just like DEIC don't  have to justify theirs. Because internal matters of an alliance do not effect those outside, and it's interesting to see how proactive people are, in their attempts to smear DEIC and Diabolos, by not only taking such a keen interest in their internal affairs (which is fair enough), but also obsesively criticising their internal policies at every opportunity they get.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I wasn't trying to justify actions, I did take a shot at DEIC for shits and giggles but that's what I do. The main reason for my post was to clarify that as some people were mistaken about it and thought that Rose ran 75% for an extended period of time, and a few thought SK or Guardian or maybe both ran that as well.

uHQTKq6.png

I wasn't trying to justify actions, I did take a shot at DEIC for shits and giggles but that's what I do. The main reason for my post was to clarify that as some people were mistaken about it and thought that Rose ran 75% for an extended period of time, and a few thought SK or Guardian or maybe both ran that as well.

It's expected that it would come from a couple of people like yourself. But when it's not a few isolated incidents, and a trend where people insist on smearing certain people in this game, it's worrying and quite shameful. It's pretty transparent too, I feel like Diabolos has become the "cool" person to hate on (for no good reason) since others drove Lambda out of the game.

Anyway my point was that Rose don't owe an explanation in regards to their tax policy, and are only accountable to their members. Just like DEIC. And people should be honest and admit that there's a distinction between "keeping tabs on alliances", and proactively seek to negatively taint their reputation by repeating the same crap over and over again. 

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

To be fair Lambda wasn't driven out of the game, his nation got reset and he ragequit.

As for people criticizing DEIC for their tax rate, when you're a large alliance and you do things people feel are wrong be prepared to be called out on your actions. Is it anyone's business on what DEIC does internally? Not really. That's not going to prevent people from criticizing them for it however. DEIC or any other alliance can do whatever they want, because you can do whatever you want doesn't mean you can do whatever you want without criticism however.

With the smear campaign, the large majority of that came from alliances that were at war with DEIC/TC. In this world you have 2 fronts during a war, the battlefield and the PR front. As an alliance/coalition you want to win both fronts for a complete victory. As for those smearing DEIC that aren't in any alliances of the coalition maybe they already disliked DEIC for whatever reason, or maybe they're just hopping on the bandwagon. I've got no idea, I'm not going to try and claim I know why other people do things.

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png

There's a PR campaign during the war certainly. Just like there's a PR campaign constantly really.

The idea that there's a smear campaign against Diabolos is an example of Saru waging his continuing PR campaign. If Diabolos is disliked to the extent that numerous people all over the world (including multiple ex-DEIC members, and even ex-DEIC gov members) want to take shots at him, maybe it's because there's something in the way he communicates and acts that drives that alienates a lot of people?

Nah, what am I saying, it's much more likely that people from all over Orbis decided they wanted to smear his good name for no reason other than shits and giggles. 

• Upvote 1
wF9Bjre.gif

Two points of emphasis I'd like to make in this thread. First off those who're saying democracies don't work in these games probably don't have much experience with them. They've been wildly successful in other games; they're not for every alliance but for those with an intelligent member base carrying them out isn't much problem. In fact some of the most successful and elite alliances in other games were all democracies. Ultimately it's all about looking at your alliance and figuring out which type of government system will work best. 

Secondly, I don't think there is any problem whatsoever with having high taxes so long as it's made transparent and the revenues earned from them are passed throughout the alliance evenly. In Rose we had our tax days which we knew about beforehand in preperation for the war. It helped out countless members get overnight war chests who otherwise would've been left !@#$ in hand once the bullets started flying. DEIC getting shredded over high taxes is less about the actual tax rate and almost entirely about the uneven distribution to it's membership.

Personally speaking if I was Diabolos or the leader of any alliance I wouldn't have ever dared taking out such substantial funds from the bank on the eve of war when doing so would've compromised the security of the littlest of members who'd be reliant on those funds. But hey, can I blame Diabolos caring about his nation so much? Not really, it's only natural for people to air towards self preservation. But on that same token the backlash from little members feeling left high and dry shouldn't be too surprising either.

Edited by Thulium
  • Upvote 1

There's a PR campaign during the war certainly. Just like there's a PR campaign constantly really.

The idea that there's a smear campaign against Diabolos is an example of Saru waging his continuing PR campaign. If Diabolos is disliked to the extent that numerous people all over the world (including multiple ex-DEIC members, and even ex-DEIC gov members) want to take shots at him, maybe it's because there's something in the way he communicates and acts that drives that alienates a lot of people?

Nah, what am I saying, it's much more likely that people from all over Orbis decided they wanted to smear his good name for no reason other than shits and giggles. 

Ex-members may have a valid point. But a significant portion of the people obsessed with criticising every action that they take, have never been in DEIC -- and just have an agenda against them, because they either feel wronged or don't like the way they carry themselves. That's pathetic.

Anyway, I think we've discussed the issue enough already, so I will leave it at that. Although I have no doubt it will resurface elsewhere within days.  :lol:

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

"People" is a very broad term when people is specific individuals from a certain unnamed alliance. 

When alot of people from various alliances have been criticising you they cant be all wrong. Unless you are a Saint that can do no wrong.

There is no irony in it... because I didn't care about it. In case you need a refresher of what happened, yet again people were sh@tposting about DEIC, and I raised the point that an alliance in your coalition had a 75% tax rate at some point. Which they did.

Did I care, or cry that it's a huge exploitation of their members? No.

I am not saying it's hypocritical to keep tabs on other alliances. I am saying it's hypocritical to criticise acts of alliances, when you supported the same acts when it was your friends committing them. That's the convenient double standard here.

Oh Saru, Stop being blinded by your blind loyalty for your allies.

There was no smear campaign against me, just some stupid alliance with a lot of vocal members who mostly chat crap.

"Minister of Foreign Affairs: Vacant"

Who needs a MoFA when you have the stellar diplomatic prowess of Diabolos? \o/

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

When alot of people from various alliances have been criticising you they cant be all wrong. Unless you are a Saint that can do no wrong.

Well, according to your "democracy test of moral authority and righteousness" we can do no wrong. So there.

liz-running-gif.gif

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

This thread is now about trains.

AND SO IT HAS BEEN DECREED

(this video contains foul language - please click at your own risk)

(but really, though, this thread need to be locked already :v )

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1