An Royal Announcement from the Seven Kingdoms

Tenages

skflagnew.jpg

birthday%20announcement.jpg

Remarks on the Occasion of Seven Kingdoms First Anniversary on Orbis

Anniversaries are a time for celebration and a time for reveling, but also a time for reflection and thanks. A year ago, Seven Kingdoms made the journey to this new world, and created anew our beloved Westeros. Much has changed since then. The world has been reforged by the Seven, and begun anew. The population of our world has likewise grown, and will continue to do so. The Seven Kingdoms, itself has seen change: We have seen the end of two Kings, and the rise of a third. Our Small Council has likewise seen great change, being now entirely filled by men who were strangers to it a year ago. A great and noble nation, The Blackstone Commission, joined the Seven Kingdoms, and our being was greatly enriched by it. New chivalric brotherhoods have formed, and old ones have withered away. Much indeed has changed, in the Seven Kingdoms. We have learned much, we have given much, and for all we are much the Stronger and much the Wiser

But as much has changed, more has maintained. As ever, we are guided by the Seven Who Are One, and our founding virtues of honor and nobility have ever remained uppermost in our minds. We are ever guided by our Past; it gives an Example to Strive for, a Path to tread, and a Meaning to observe. Much as the mighty Oak holds fast against storm due to its deep Roots, so too do the Seven Kingdoms endure because of ours. We give thanks to our predecessors, and to all current and future members who have served the Seven Kingdoms in all posts, High and Low, for you have made us What We Are and will make us What We Will Be.

Reflection must not only be internal, but external. We look outside ourselves and recognize the varied Allies, Cohorts and Neighbors, without whom we, and Orbis, would not be the same.

We recognise and Acclaim Guardian, our friend of long years gone by, without whom the tale of the Seven Kingdoms would be decidedly different in the telling. Know that we forever hold you in affection in the sake of Memory, for no bond is so true as the Bond of the Past.

We acclaim our newer comrades of Rose, whom we nurtured and watched mature into the fullness of their potential, much as the grub does chrysalis into Bloom. We are proud to have had some part, however small, in your development.

We honor the Dutch East India Company, sometime opponent, sometime partner in growth. Whilst we have on occasion had dispute, and on occasion clashed, ever have they pushed us, and provided a yardstick by which to measure ourselves. Orbis is improved by your presence.

Reflection is barren if it is not married to action, and likewise our words here would be lacking if not matched by formal approbation. And so, as is appropriate at times of celebration and great occasion, we announce the following awards.

For Great Length of Service, and estimable loyalty to the Seven Kingdoms, we induct Solomon, Moonrider and Zuler into the Most Ancient and Honourable Valyrian Order at the rank of Member. They may wear this badge and use the postscript M.V.O.

Lyro, who has faithfully served the Seven Kingdoms for years unending, who can count himself amongst our earliest servants, and who has never shied from whatever was asked of him, we elevate to the rank of Knight Commander of the Most Ancient and Honorable Valyrian Order. He may style himself as “Ser†wear this badge, and use the postscript M.V.O.

Loyalty is not the only virtue that is to be commended. Selfless generosity and giving of your own possessions, unasked, for the benefit of all, is also to be honored. Of Old, The Tourmaline Brotherhood was filled with such men, and today we re-institute it. Callum and Tenages, Archduke Baratheon, have been examplars of generosity and philanthropy, and we reward them by making them Members of the Tourmaline Brotherhood. The may wear this badge, and use the postscript M.T.B.

But not all the worthy live within the Seven Kingdoms; there are foreigners equally deserving of of praise and acclaim. Ever has the Seven Kingdoms striven to recognize those worthy neighbors and foreigners. One way in which we do so, is by granting the Order of the Star specifically to those outside the Seven Kingdoms who emulate the virtues prized by the Seven.

Today, for great efforts and strides in the fields of Foreign Affairs and Diplomacy, we grant the Order of the Star to Diabolos, Prefontaine and Pubstomper. The may wear the badge of the Order, and all should look to them as an example.

Finally, on this illustrious occasion, we raise two members to lofty height, granting them the right to walk among the Elite of the Seven Kingdoms, as Peers of the Realm, Lords of their Domain.

Aisha Greyjoy, for unparalleled meritorious service in the fields of Economics and within the War Department, is declared a Friend and Ally. She is granted this crest and we anoint her as Marquis of House Greyjoy, and grant her Land and Status within the Seven Kingdoms as befits this title.

Sabriel, for excellent and continued service in many fields, is likewise declared a Friend of the Crown. She is granted this crest, and we anoint her as Countess of the House Bolton, and grant Land and Status within the Seven Kingdoms, commensurate with such honor.

This we declare, in the Sight of the Seven and with the Blessing of the Small Council, this the Twelfth Day of December Two Thousand and Fourteen

Cody K, First of His Name, Archduke of the House Blackfyre,King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and of the First Men Grand-Master of the Most Ancient and Honourable Valyrian Order, Grand-Master of the Tourmaline Brotherhood, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm.

Vengeance, Justice, Fire and Blood

Edited by Tenages
  • Upvote 2
wF9Bjre.gif

Long live the Seven Kingdoms!

==================================================================================

Spartav.jpg

==================================================================================

o/ SK

Love those sexy graphics, you guys should post more so we can enjoy them also not be able to read that horrendous use of typography that no one can read anyway.

Shellhound, why would you be so mean! Tsk Tsk. Jokes aside, Well done on being old.

T7Vrilp.png

I agree that everyone should look at me as an example. Tell me more. 

• Upvote 4

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

We honor the Dutch East India Company, sometime opponent, sometime partner in growth. Whilst we have on occasion had dispute, and on occasion clashed, ever have they pushed us, and provided a yardstick by which to measure ourselves. Orbis is improved by your presence.

Inb4 SK joins The Covenant

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

No honor for me and mine?

Honour is but a self referential trinket when divorced from action.

One can either act with honor or not, it is not some transferable commodity.

We can only honour though our deeds,to the old gods.

Seek it not from others,lest you are bleeding them.

Hey I deserve accolades for my weekly posts of dissent. Someone has to question everything the Small Council does!

Don't worry Ren, they have a very ....special....award planned for you ;)

Inb4 SK joins The Covenant

Swap out the name and UPN and you have yourself a bargain. :P

Edited by Tenages
wF9Bjre.gif

Anyone else read half the graphic before seeing there was a spoiler or am I the only noob here?

Also congratulations everyone!

I struggled through the whole thing. Hindsight is 20/20.

Beautiful stuff guys, well written.

O/ Seven Kingdoms

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"