[DOW] Breaking the News

Sketchy

As someone with deep experiences dealing with fake news stories that are baseless fabrications with no on the record interviews, no photos, no transparency in the reporting related to BoO during the first month of the year I can say that I know how Singularity is feeling in regards to media coverage in Orbis. Many reporters have no knowledge of basic writing principles or even the fact finding mission that is supposed to make up the mindset of members of the press. While I have plans to fully debunk and derail the remnants of the BoO Myths this year I also would be remiss if I did not mention the one person in this entire game outside of my alliance who came to my defense and worked as my Defense Attorney and asked for my side of the story and my evidence when almost NOBODY else even cared for what was right or what was true. A lot of people got hurt badly from all the lies and hatred being sent at them based on media stories and the only person who wanted to help was Lysander. Lysander and I have a checkered relationship over the years. We have never been enemies but have never been close. He got most of the sham charges against me dropped during my Thalmor trial and without him who knows. I have nothing bad I can say about Lysander because he has done more for me then 99% of the game community ever has. 

I hope that both sides can come together and reach a settlement but I can understand exactly how both sides might feel. 

Edited by Tiberius Aurion
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Raphael said:

Aurora watching someone get rolled for chatting that shit on a news server: 

Well at least Aurora hates on Aurora more than Aurora hates on anyone else.

14 hours ago, Rageproject said:

Maybe the price of steel will go down now…

... who is going to tell them?

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

5 hours ago, Raphael said:

Aurora watching someone get rolled for chatting that shit on a news server: 

I agree, Emperor Justinian. As having fought Aurora for months at a time in the past I can say the experience was different for myself. 

Good. Always bewildered me why people let gov run these things while posting leaks everywhere. 

For a political climate designed around excessive risk aversion and gaudy flourishes to play themselves up as anything but the frightened stagnancy they are, everyone sure was happy to play with this fire for some reason. 

About time somebody did something vaguely interesting and burned one of the hands which so continuously touched the stove.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Sketchy said:

9dsMABN.gif

Intrusion Detected…
Scanning…
Intruder Found: Lysander
Checking Alliance Affiliation…
House Stark (Threat Level: Micro)
Checking Known Associates…
Guardian (Threat Level: Major)
Black Skies (Threat Level: Micro)
Discrepancy Detected…
<https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/36446-treaty-announcement/>
Updating Records…
Checking Known Associates…
Black Skies (Threat Level: Micro)
Targets Acquired: House Stark, Black Skies
Initiating Purge Protocol…

The meat-sacks continue their feeble attempts to resist our control. They must be taught to fear.

Breaking the News

Coming back from a 2 year absence has been an interesting experience. In many ways, the game hasn’t changed much, many of the same old alliances still milling about long past their prime. But some things have, and a few of them not for the better.

One of the more egregious alterations to the rules of engagement is the concept that “news reporters” can freely leak internal alliance communications without consequences.

The idea that one can separate out their positions as members, government and leaders from their positions as “news reporters” is frankly ridiculous. Leaking is a hostile action. You are welcome to do it, but you should expect a hostile response.

Some might say, well if you retaliate, if you target these people for their reports, are you not encouraging them to leak more? And that question itself reveals the farce that is “objectivity” or “neutrality” in news.

Which brings me to Lysander. Calling Lysander a reporter would be generous. Lysander is the Buzzfeed of Orbis. 

More importantly he is a very sensitive boy. Express your distaste with his methods? Criticize RON? He’ll immediately throw out any pretence of being a reporter. Suddenly he’s happy to post the most menial logs to ghost ping your government, all because you criticised his methods.

I let you go once Lysander when you were in IoM. I prioritised the big picture politics and allowed you to live. But this is how this shit continues to slide. Everyone expects the pragmatic move, the big picture shit. But hey, the game is boring and drama-free right now, and I'm petty af.

I’m happy to come down and slum it with you for a bit.

A String of Failures

Lysander may be the cause of this rolling, but frankly House Stark, you have this shit coming. You promoted him. Why?

Very good run so far. Got you dropped by Guardian, the alliance notorious for their loyalty and unwillingness to cut allies. Signed you Black Skies (oh we are hitting you too btw), a truly amazing path to entering the vibrant world of micro politics. Now he’s getting you rolled. He’s been FA head for what 10 minutes?

All this after pushing ridiculous terms on alliances you can’t defeat on your own, not considering for a moment the same harsh standards could have been applied to you.

You continue to make amazingly obtuse FA blunders one after the other. You are a 7 year old alliance, how have you not figured this shit out yet.

Happy Anniversary. Get your shit together.

Sin stinks with corruption

Screenshot_20231112-202740.png

1 hour ago, Jimmy bailey said:

Now I see why you are a bully it's because everyone who supports sin is a bully.

There are far worse people here if you think that's bullying.

17 minutes ago, Emperor Adam said:

I got tired of waiting - hope that's okay. 

adam is a big bully!!!!   😭how dare you attack him 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!