Market Trends

Quelye

It's definitely pronounced, "Dayk"

Maybe it's pronounced Dack?  Deck... Deh... Dih... Dih-k?

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

How do you pronounce that last one?

This is why we should probably stick with "VOC".... Lol.

Edited by Athanasios

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

This is why we should probably stick with "VOC".... Lol.

Is that pronounced... Vohk? Vahk?  V- Bohk?  Dohk? ... Dihk?

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is that pronounced... Vohk? Vahk?  V- Bohk?  Dohk? ... Dihk?

I think it's pronounced "Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie"... lol..

Edited by Athanasios

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

The Republic

The Republic Map

I think it's pronounced "Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie"... lol..

Ah, yes... Foreign words.  I see.  Yes, yes, I did read them.  Sure.

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

Honestly I'm just hoping steel/aluminum completely drop down in prices and I can buy up a ton and not have to worry about it when building up cities after the war. Speaking of which, once the war ends there will be another spike in steel & aluminum as nations rebuy commerce buildings... and that's when I'll make more money again :D

• Upvote 1

Market Trends 10/29/14

Market Index: $10,748 (-$825)

1) Gasoline: $1,990 (-$252)

2) Steel: $1,616 (+$2)

3) Aluminum: $1,542 (+$8)

4) Bauxite: $993 (+$70)

5) Uranium: $931 (+$63)

6) Munitions: $901 (-$275)

7) Lead: $837 (-$45)

8) Coal: $781 (-$320)

9) Oil: $511 (-$34)

10) Iron: $482 (-$51)

11) Food: $164 (-$2)

Notes

• The overall market value continues to plummet, with munitions, coal, and gasoline all taking major hits.
  • Supply is outweighing demand right now, driving the prices down.
  • Uranium passed lead for the #5 spot.
  • Coal plummeted down the chart from #5 to #8.
  • Munitions prices are dropping significantly, falling from #4 to #6. This also may be disconcerting for those who import lead and manufacture munitions, as the price of raw lead is only $64 lower than the manufactured value of munitions.
  • Bauxite hits the #4 position, and is currently the most valuable raw resource. (Non-manufactured)
  • Aisha Greyjoy commented that their nation has recently un-embargoed former Raiders Return and Red Guard members, who have now transitioned into other alliances. Since many of those nations have put away their raiding ways, removing those embargoes can foster trade and development and market sustainability throughout Orbis.
Edited by Athanasios

The Republic

The Republic Map

The GPA is taking over statistics everywhere. \o/

Well, what else are you going to do in your free time, fight?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Well, what else are you going to do in your free time, fight?

I honestly can't remember whether war is good or bad for business.  So I had really mixed emotions when I read this.

aUel2fG.png

foods worth 275 atm

Yup, and here I thought it was gonna drop down to ~100. Well we'll have to see what the averages are at the end of the day. Current average shows it right near 200.

The Republic

The Republic Map

Market Trends 10/30/14

Market Index: $10,217 (-$531)

1) Gasoline: $1,690 (-$300)

2) Steel: $1,688 (+$72)

3) Aluminum: $1,622 (+$80)

4) Uranium: $1,014 (+$83)

5) Bauxite: $911 (-$82)

6) Munitions: $847 (-$54)

7) Coal: $776 (-$5)

8) Lead: $568 (-$269)

9) Iron: $452 (-$30)

10) Oil: $425 (-$155)

11) Food: $224 (+$60)

Notes

• The market continues to drop overall, losing $3,204 since its peak on 10/26/14.
  • Gasoline's value continues to plummet, and by tomorrow should lose the #1 position to steel or aluminum, which continue to regain their value.
  • Uranium passes bauxite for the #4 position, and is now the most valuable raw resource.
  • A drop in lead prices allowed coal to take the #7 position.
  • Oil had a bad day on the market, and dropped enough to allow iron to gain the #9 spot.
  • The top three resources - gasoline, steel, and aluminum - currently occupy 51.2% of the market value.
  • Food prices take a turn for the better and make a significant leap of 36.5%. With winter not far away, I would assume that those prices will hold, if not increase once winter hits the northern hemisphere.
Edited by Athanasios

The Republic

The Republic Map

Food is crazy high.  Is that just b/c most nations are in the northern hemisphere?

I think part of it is that when you're at war, your soldiers consume more food. There's a lot of wars going on, so I'm sure the demand for food has spiked a bit.

Food price also drop as well, it was like 280 - 290 per tonne , 1 or 2 days ago. Steel prices is even more surprising, 1600? in the middle of the war? If not mistaken in Alpha, during peace time it was like 2000 to 2200? But now ? Really wonder what's happening to our market. Even the war fail to push the price up .

cause it has gotten to the point were only soldiers and aircraft are being used seeing as it looks like only 1 side has the tanks now so no one needs to really build any

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Market Trends 10/31/14

Market Index: $10,568 (+$351)

1) Gasoline: $1,776 (+$86)

2) Aluminum: $1,704 (+$82)

3) Steel: $1,658 (-$30)

4) Uranium: $1,031 (+$17)

5) Coal: $955 (+$179)

6) Bauxite: $912 (+$1)

7) Munitions: $854 (+$7)

8) Lead: $592 (+$24)

9) Oil: $445 (+$20)

10) Iron: $440 (-$12)

11) Food: $201 (-$23)

Notes

• The market makes its first recovery since 10/26/14, as 8 out of the 11 resources increased value.
  • Gasoline makes a significant recovery and retains the #1 position.
  • Aluminum passes steel for the #2 position.
  • Coal jumps from #7 to #5.
  • Oil takes iron for the #9 position.
  • Munitions remains the least valuable manufactured resource.
  • Food prices fall, but with winter coming in the northern hemisphere (where most of the nations are) and war continuing to be waged, food prices could jump back up very soon.

The Republic

The Republic Map

Could anyone share some info on why coal is so varied in price? It's been jumping up and down just about every day, and by huge margins. Do some nations that use coal power plants import coal?

The Republic

The Republic Map