Market Trends

Quelye

why curse you lead if munitions fall your supposed to fall go back down to 200 like it should be I want my cheap bullets again :angry:

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Munitions will never cost 200 in a rational market.

Rational market?  I suppose you have one of those in your pocket?  Because I don't see one here.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Alright, that's fair enough.  I have more stringent definitions for a rational market, I suppose.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well if you want to use the classical definition, all you need to have is a collection of people who are acting in what they perceive to be their own best interests.

That's a pretty low bar, but mine is slightly higher.

Edited by Grillick

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I was talking about lead being 200 again not munitions

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Well if you want to use the classical definition, all you need to have is a collection of people who are acting in what they perceive to be their own best interests.

That's a pretty low bar, but mine is slightly higher.

Sure.  It's not useful as a definition, though, because I would argue that nothing is possible besides that.  People always act in the way that they perceive is in their best interest.  That's why they're doing it.

aUel2fG.png

Market Trends 11/4/14

Market Index: $9,517 (+$644) --- (+6.8%)

1) Aluminum: $1,762 (+$352) --- (+25.1%)

2) Steel: $1,417 (+$19) --- (+1.4%)

3) Gasoline: $1,386 (-$67) --- (-4.6%)

4) Uranium: $1,122 (-$52) --- (-4.4%)

5) Bauxite: $946 (+$27) --- (+2.9%)

6) Coal: $879 (-$47) --- (-5.1%)

7) Munitions: $598 (-$73) --- (-10.9%)

8) Oil: $518 (+$21) --- (+4.2%)

9) Lead: $463 (-$40) --- (-8.1%)

10) Iron: $411 (+$11) --- (+2.8%)

11) Food: $195 (+$29) --- (+17.5%)

Notes

• The market had a good day today, regaining 1.9% of its value. Aluminum's price increase had a significant impact on the recovery of the market, as many nations are rebuilding from the War of Debatable Aggression.
  • Aluminum takes the #1 position, gaining a 25.1% increase in one day.
  • Steel takes the #2 position by a slight increase in value.
  • Gasoline takes a 4.6% hit, dropping down to #3 on the charts.
  • Bauxite passes coal for the #5 position.
  • Oil passes lead and takes the #8 position.
  • Munitions' value continue to drop, losing 10.9%, the largest loss of the day due to oversupply and lack of demand.
Edited by Athanasios

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

I can't wait til I get home. Several of these changes were a pleasant surprise for me.

aUel2fG.png

Market Trends 11/5/14

Market Index: $10,110 (+$593) --- (+6.2%)

1) Aluminum: $1,812 (+$50) --- (+2.8%)

2) Steel: $1,458 (+$41) --- (+2.9%)

3) Gasoline: $1,373 (-$13) --- (-0.9%)

4) Bauxite: $1,236 (+$290) --- (+31.1%)

5) Uranium: $1,193 (+$71) --- (+6.3%)

6) Coal: $940 (+$61) --- (+6.9%)

7) Oil: $511 (-$7) --- (-1.4%)

8) Munitions: $470 (-$128) --- (-21.4%)

9) Lead: $455 (-$8) --- (-1.7%)

10) Iron: $443 (+$32) --- (+7.8%)

11) Food: $219 (+$24) --- (+12.3%)

Notes

• The market had a good day and is retaining growth, with many resources retaining steadily increasing value.
  • Bauxite overtakes uranium for the #4 spot on the charts. Bauxite is now the most valuable raw resource on the market. This could be happening due to nations attempting to manufacture more aluminum to take advantage of increasing prices.
  • Oil overtakes munitions for the #7 position. 
  • Munitions are at a low point and are almost at the same value as lead. Buy them now while they're cheap, and save them for future conflicts.
  • As predicted, food is rising as winter continues to ravage north hemispherical nation's food production.

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

The Republic

The Republic Map

come on lead drop I don't see my self paying for lead if munitions sell for less I may not be selling but damn it im still buying

come on lead drop I don't see my self paying for lead if munitions sell for less I may not be selling but damn it im still buying

Lol, I bought bunches and bunches when it was around $200 ppu, however my munitions factory output is considerably less than yours, so I haven't had to buy much since, except when I can grab a great deal.

The Republic

The Republic Map

yea same I saw some around $200 and bought 400 and it lasted me 5 days :(

Rational market?  I suppose you have one of those in your pocket?  Because I don't see one here.

lol, I love this post.

Markets are a bit better than prewar though.  And munitions are now back at pre-war levels, still $575-600 is decent for growing nations.  Lead was so oversold prewar that you could get it for 150ppu sometimes.  I swear, if I had a nickel for every time someone sold a resource below cost to me. Actually I think they did give me more than a nickel each time. :D

Perhaps I should Stick with Uranium, it seems the least violate

If you want to lose money, then yes.  I'll be a nice guy and tell you that you are losing money selling uranium.  Period.  If you sell it for *anything* below $1667ppu, you would be better just not even having the mine even up.  Sorry man but you have the unfortunate line-up of oil, iron, and uranium.  If I were you'd put up two banks and dump the uranium mines.  If you want to know the math PM me ingame.

• Upvote 1

I looked at the costs and production associated with the various resources, looked at the market prices for resources, touched my screen with my finger (so it did that weird ripple thing) and said, "I, Ashland, shall produce THIS resource!"  And I have not been sorry.  Even once.

Also, you're almost always my competition on the market, so I feel like I should hate you.  But I can't help but love you and your adorable, moist kangaroo.

And yes, the uranium market is currently a weird sort of reverse tulipomania where very little uranium is produced and very little uranium is used, but some people buy and sell it for some bizarre reason.  Don't ask me why.

Edited by terminus467

aUel2fG.png

I looked at the costs and production associated with the various resources, looked at the market prices for resources, touched my screen with my finger (so it did that weird ripple thing) and said, "I, Ashland, shall produce THIS resource!"  And I have not been sorry.  Even once.

Also, you're almost always my competition on the market, so I feel like I should hate you.  But I can't help but love you and your adorable, moist kangaroo.

Food and Oil, huh? I'll keep that in mind:)

The Republic

The Republic Map

Food and Oil, huh? I'll keep that in mind:)

I won't even charge for the consultation.

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

Market Trends 11/6/14

Market Index: $10,266 (+$156) --- (+1.5%)

1) Aluminum: $1,870 (+$58) --- (+3.2%)

2) Steel: $1,447 (-$11) --- (-0.8%)

3) Gasoline: $1,330 (-$43) --- (-3.1%)

4) Uranium: $1,262 (+$69) --- (+5.8%)

5) Bauxite: $1,200 (-$36) --- (-2.9%)

6) Coal: $1,090 (+$150) --- (+16.1%)

7) Oil: $506 (-$5) --- (-1.0%)

8) Iron: $505 (+$62) --- (+14.1%)

9) Munitions: $498 (+$28) --- (+6.1%)

10) Lead: $404 (-$51) --- (-11.2%)

11) Food: $154 (-$65) --- (-30.1%)

Notes

• The market is retaining strong, steady growth in the last few days. This bodes well for the future of the market as a whole. Overall, it sits around 3,000 points above the pre-war market, and prices are holding.
  • Uranium passes bauxite to take the #4 spot, and regains its position the most valuable raw resource. 
  • Iron jumps up the charts from #10 to #8, with a strong 14.1% gain.
  • Munitions fall to #9, although they recovered some value at the close of the market. I'd recommend buying munitions now, as they're at a very low price and may have reached their low point. 
  • Lead falls to #10.
  • There exists a significant gap between the top 6 resources and the bottom 5. There is a $584 gap between the #6 and #7 resource. Also, the top 6 resources now occupy 79.9% of the total market value.
  • Manufactured resources currently comprise 50.1% of the total market value.
Edited by Athanasios

The Republic

The Republic Map

And yes, the uranium market is currently a weird sort of reverse tulipomania where very little uranium is produced and very little uranium is used, but some people buy and sell it for some bizarre reason.  Don't ask me why.

lol moist kangaroo.  I actually enjoy the competition.  It really is more an art than just blunt under/overcutting.  And prediction of where value will go.  That's while Amir does most the buy/sell undercutting and yet has a small nation.  He just does it without thinking about returns for trends.

Now uranium is starting to re-adjust, lol.

The *real* problem is we have market that aren't fluid enough.  Once this game gets to say 10,000 nations, we *will* see the buy/sell offers equal to one another.  Maybe $10-100 difference, but otherwise very close.  This is how markets should function.  But because of the lack of fluidity you have huge buy/sell discrepancies due to impatience, which we are all guilty of.