Market Trends

Quelye

Sheepy had a good idea in one of his announcements about doing a daily market trends post, kind of like how the alliance rankings are run. I'm going to try this out and try to keep it updated regularly.

Market Trends 10/9/14

Market Index: $7,216 (-$42)

1) Aluminum: $1,341 (-$8)

2) Steel: $1,290 (-$8)

3) Uranium: $912 (-$8)

4) Bauxite: $858 (+$2)

5) Gasoline: $822 (+$1)

6) Munitions: $622 (-$15)

7) Coal: $479 (+$5)

8) Oil: $340 (-$2)

9) Lead: $233 (+3)

10) Iron: $226 (-$2)

11) Food: $93 (-$10)

Notes

• Not a very good day for the market compared to yesterday, the overall market index dropped by .58%. It's a small, but not insignificant drop.
  • Manufactured resources all took a drop except for gasoline, which suggests that perhaps supply is outpacing demand for Aluminum, Steel, and Munitions.
  • Aluminum is the highest resource on the market, and bauxite -- which is used to make aluminum -- is the 4th highest. Right now looks like a good time to be making Bauxite/Aluminum.
  • Food took a big drop, it's down $10 from yesterday. Buy it while prices are low, right now production is high and demand is low, but as more nations shift into commerce mode the demand for food will increase significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if it averages $150/unit by the end of the year.

• Upvote 6

Market Trends 10/10/14

Market Index: $7,207 (-$9)

1) Aluminum: $1,378 (+$37)

2) Steel: $1,291 (+$1)

3) Uranium: $909 (-$3)

4) Bauxite: $856 (-$2)

5) Gasoline: $815 (-$7)

6) Munitions: $587 (-$35)

7) Coal: $493 (+14)

8) Oil: $313 (-$27)

9) Lead: $237 (+4)

10) Iron: $226 (-$2)

11) Food: $98 (+$5)

Notes

• Oil and Munitions took a significant drop, and the overall Market Index is still declining. Aluminum had a good day, jumping up $37, our biggest increase. Coal is the other notable mention, increasing $14.
  • Munitions are incredibly cheap right now. I'd say buy up while you can -- they likely won't stay this low for long and once they increase in price they're going to stay high. Hell, invest lots of money into them now and then sell them when the price is higher for a short term investment.
  • Food is increasing, but it's still relatively cheap. I'd say food is a buy right now before prices get any higher.

Edited by Quelye
  • Upvote 1

I've only been away for a week, and food now cost $98 dollar. Nice job by the way.

edit: spelung

Edited by Bilal the Great
  • Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Is there anyway to "Graph" this to show say like the previous week or two?  I like pictures.

There's a really neat graph included in the game on this page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/trade/history/

You can click on each individual resource to see just it's price history over the last month or so.

Market Trends 10/11/14

Market Index: $7,152 (-$55)

1) Aluminum: $1,390 (+12)

2) Steel: $1,300 (+$9)

3) Uranium: $879 (-$30)

4) Bauxite: $834 (-$22)

5) Gasoline: $807 (-$8)

6) Munitions: $540 (-$47)

7) Coal: $509 (+$16)

8) Oil: $304 (-$9)

9) Iron: $239 (+$13)

10) Lead: $236 (-$1)

11) Food: $100 (+$2)

Notes

• Iron passed Lead for the #9 spot on the market. 
  • Overall the market took a hit, the index dropped $55 today. The top two resources, aluminum and steel increased by about $10 each though, and I'm not seeing anything that would indicate them losing value anytime soon. I'd say if you need those resources, the sooner you can buy them the better, as I'm predicting in a few months they'll be $3,000+ each.
  • Munitions and Uranium both took a big hit today, and I'm predicting they'll keep dropping. Until there's a war we won't see much demand for munitions, and until there's nations big enough for nuclear power plants we won't see much demand for uranium either.
  • Coal continues to rise in value, and while I think it's near its peak I think it still might be a good time to get on the train and produce Coal. It's got a lot of value as both an energy resource and a component for steel.
  • Upvote 1

There's a really neat graph included in the game on this page: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/trade/history/

You can click on each individual resource to see just it's price history over the last month or so.

Oh.....well hello there.....where have you been hiding all this time!!!!!!!  Thanks!!!!

X4EfkAB.png

Market Trends 10/13/14

Market Index: $7,045 (-$107)

1) Aluminum: $1,382 (-$8)

2) Steel: $1,258 (-$42)

3) Uranium: $877 (-$2)

4) Bauxite: $819 (-$25)

5) Gasoline: $803 (-$5)

6) Coal: $523 (+$14)

7) Munitions: $516 (-$24)

8) Oil: $305 (+$1)

9) Iron: $240 (+$1)

10) Lead: $218 (-$18)

11) Food: $104 (+$4)

Notes

• Not a good market day, the overall index dropped by $107. Most resources dropped except for Coal, which passed Munitions for the #6 spot. Again, I recommend you buy Munitions.
  • Food continues to trend upward, and I predict it will only keep increasing. Buy it now while it's low.

As I sell food and coal in large quantities, they seem to be recorvering in price after the recent drop.

Those two have been steadily increasing, and I think they'll continue to do so as the active players get larger and we have less smaller nations producing the resources.

Market Trends 10/13/14

Market Index: $6,993 (-$52)

1) Aluminum: $1,358 (-$24)

2) Steel: $1,274 (+$16)

3) Uranium: $876 (-$1)

4) Bauxite: $801 (-$18)

5) Gasoline: $796 (-$7)

6) Coal: $547 (+$23)

7) Munitions: $476 (-$40)

8) Oil: $301 (-$4)

9) Iron: $244 (+$4)

10) Lead: $214 (-$4)

11) Food: $106 (+$2)

Notes

• Another drop today in the market, the overall market index shot down another 52 points.
  • The aluminum industry seems to be suffering, either from too much supply or too little demand. Both bauxite and aluminum have dropped considerably.
  • Steel is still in high demand. The price of steel has increased and coal and iron have increased along with it.
  • Food is the only other resource not to have taken a loss today, with an increase of $2. Like I said, I'm predicting food to continue rising so if you need to stock up, the sooner the better. I don't forecast it going lower anytime soon.

well munitions after being at a all time low has went up slightly that's a plus for me

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Farms are always relevant. It's one resources that everyone will always need. And the production also scales into the lategame (though terribly at that)

Oh, of course!

Don't tell everyone else though cX

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Soon farms may become relevant!

Maybe...

They were only ever relevant once and I think that was because of under. 

But they're relevant if you make -400 food each day, I hate seeing the food market get expensive. 

IpHGyGc.png

They were only ever relevant once and I think that was because of under. 

Kappa helped  :P

It was before food was based on land though. There are to many nations and to much food on the market for it to ever average 6k PPU again.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Oil looks to be on the rise now that people are switching their energy needs away from the expensive as hell coal.

As much as I would like to believe this, more people (based solely on the map) seem to be in coal producing regions of the world, meaning they most likely would not change their power plants. I think the supply for oil is just way down if anything. 

On another note, I believe that food will continue its rise because of the fact that more people will begin putting money in commerce and manufacturing so I would suggest that a couple nations per alliance begin considering stockpiling up.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse