Breaking News from the Shifty News Network-Fark hospitalized

18 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Only he wasn't...

5 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

I seem to recall that our head of FA during Strategic Arms Limitation Talks and Ayyslamic Crusade was Kaladin Stormblessed. ?

Only he was acting in an official capacity of TKRs FA. Talk to some other alliances when you get the chance.

settradirect.png

It wasn't 2 days notice indeed, @Theodosius. I knew about the war on IQ several weeks in advance and I distinctly remember Abbas telling me that he had to talk to Lordship (on a Wednesday, one a half weeks before we were supposed to go in) about TKR backtracking on their intent to join the war. They were supposed to hit BK in the blitz. Naturally TCW would end up getting involved, given their MDoAP with TKR, not that they shouldn't have done it either way, even tho their treaty with KT was optional iirc.

Not that it matters anyway, what is done is done.

Edited by Insert Name Here

54 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

It wasn't 2 days notice indeed, @Theodosius. I knew about the war on IQ several weeks in advance and I distinctly remember Abbas telling me that he had to talk to Lordship (on a Wednesday, one a half weeks before we were supposed to go in) about TKR backtracking on their intent to join the war. They were supposed to hit BK in the blitz. Naturally TCW would end up getting involved, given their MDoAP with TKR, not that they shouldn't have done it either way, even tho their treaty with KT was optional iirc.

Not that it matters anyway, what is done is done.

There was never any TKR backing to join the war. The extent of my conversation with Abbas was that I, as a retired member of the alliance who still disliked BK, could float the idea of TKR hitting BK to gov, but I knew this was extremely far-fetched and as expected, nobody went for it. So no, there was never an intent to join the war, just me and Abbas having a conversation about it and him trying to change the entire narrative to accommodate a TKR entrance because he knew it would be pivotal to their victory, despite me being retired and having absolutely no say on matters pertaining to war/FA heh. 

3 minutes ago, Lordship said:

There was never any TKR backing to join the war. The extent of my conversation with Abbas was that I, as a retired member of the alliance who still disliked BK, could float the idea of TKR hitting BK to gov, but I knew this was extremely far-fetched and as expected, nobody went for it. So no, there was never an intent to join the war, just me and Abbas having a conversation about it and him trying to change the entire narrative to accommodate a TKR entrance because he knew it would be pivotal to their victory, despite me being retired and having absolutely no say on matters pertaining to war/FA heh. 

Meh, I'm too lazy to go back and get my logs with Abbas, but doesn't matter anways, fam. :P I can understand it gets boring fighting the same alliances time and time again, so as far as fun is concerned, I think y'all did the right thing fighting nuke bloc instead.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Meh, I'm too lazy to go back and get my logs with Abbas, but doesn't matter anways, fam. :P I can understand it gets boring fighting the same alliances time and time again, so as far as fun is concerned, I think y'all did the right thing fighting nuke bloc instead.

Lordship is correct that there were no TKR backing or even planned to come in at blitz.  Individuals did speak to some of them to see if they wanted in due to some interests involved, a couple of times actually.

4 hours ago, Lordship said:

I think it says something that after 2 gov changes and completely new culture, with a lot of the people who were leading BK at the time of their “betrayal “ that you, and presumably others in TKR, still “dislikes BK”.

Edited by Kastor
V
  • Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

40 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Lordship is correct that there were no TKR backing or even planned to come in at blitz.  Individuals did speak to some of them to see if they wanted in due to some interests involved, a couple of times actually.

Hm, makes sense. Maybe it was some sort of miscommunication, since TKR's name popped up considerably after the war started being planned. Unless my memory fails me, the ones who were confirmed to hit BK, since the war started being planned, were KT, AIM and SK.

I could have sworn I had read Abbas saying, at some point, that TKR was interested in joining the war, but I trust both you and Lordship on this. I think it was better this way. The Rose / KT side vs IQ war was more balanced and more people got to fight thanks to the TKR and friends vs nuke bloc war.

Edited by Insert Name Here
typo -.-

10 hours ago, TheNG said:

Great work Felkey, I see you're following the procedure very carefully. TCW gets +5 Seeker Points, and you get a gold star! Keep up the good work, membership awaits! ?

317608381_IQTraining.jpg.e47f715ad885d3fb94144de734c608a1.jpg

I have a question about #3. What if my previous allies can be convinced to join IQ with me?

5 hours ago, Felkey said:

I have a question about #3. What if my previous allies can be convinced to join IQ with me?

Excellent question! If your old allies join IQ, then you'll still have to betray someone, it's in the code. I'd recommend stealing the bank of the largest alliance you can find, creating a cycle of bitterness which will drive the next two or three years of backroom politics and lopsided wars in the game. All part of the plan.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:22 PM, Kastor said:

I think it says something that after 2 gov changes and completely new culture, with a lot of the people who were leading BK at the time of their “betrayal “ that you, and presumably others in TKR, still “dislikes BK”.

I'm sure this has literally nothing to do with current BK gov being angsty perpetual victims who's only game related skill is merging in dying alliance. Nope. All Lordship's fault.

• Upvote 3