Unveiling the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

LordRahl2

I certainly don't remember that.  We were more upset about Sheepy putting in changes once we developed counters (ex. Ashland spy attacks -> we built more spies -> spy change, various military changes, etc ).

Go figure that a Mensa member is developing a counter to this stupid change too!

Like I said, my memory is fuzzy on that. Maybe it was Arrgh.. I honestly can't remember who it was, just felt like it was you guys.

*shrug*

scSqPGJ.gif

Mensa was really big into spies in the early days and some had hundreds and hundreds of spies, that was one of Sheepy's early nerfs, I remember Mensa was pretty pissed about that.

Edited by Ogaden
tvPWtuA.gif

Mensa was really big into spies in the early days and some had hundreds and hundreds of spies, that was one of Sheepy's early nerfs, I remember Mensa was pretty pissed about that.

Yep.  Trying to remember the second change to the game that upset us as well, but it wasn't as big as the spy change reaction we had.

• Downvote 1

You know who had more spies than Mensa back in the day? This guy.

-sigh-

Only time I ever made the leadership boards for something. At least I got a NRF out of it. 

• Upvote 2

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Since the hegemoney wants to decide how we play the game can you release an exact guide on who we should ally, how we should build our nations, and what we should do with our free time now that no one cares about this game anymore?

Anyone crying over nukes is already a confirmed moron for having nukes to begin with...because nukes are for losers. Git gud at war and you never need them.

So anyone who has lost a war is a moron?  I mean.....

Can you explain how you are supposed to "git gud" when three people are in your defensive war slots with more resources and military than you?  Can you explain the huge game-breaking exploit you use in that situation?

For those of you who think nukes are low-skill.  What is low skill is needing triple or more nations to take out an opponent (and you could argue also avoiding a larger opponent at the same time).  That is the easiest skill level of all.  Another easy way?  Do nothing.  To just take it without doing any damage.

Using the best weapon in a war you know you can't win and will be dogpiled.  That's nukes.  That's not low skill.  It's tactically your best option.

This game is actually only about 10% skill.  It's then 30% activity and then around 60% politics - wars are won or lost prior to the start of the war.  When you have allies joining your enemies to be on the winning side.  Pre-war and post-war - that mentality is what is killing this game.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 3

Since the hegemoney wants to decide how we play the game can you release an exact guide on who we should ally, how we should build our nations, and what we should do with our free time now that no one cares about this game anymore?

So anyone who has lost a war is a moron? I mean.....

Can you explain how you are supposed to "git gud" when three people are in your defensive war slots with more resources and military than you? Can you explain the huge game-breaking exploit you use in that situation?

For those of you who think nukes are low-skill. What is low skill is needing triple or more nations to take out an opponent (and you could argue also avoiding a larger opponent at the same time). That is the easiest skill level of all. Another easy way? Do nothing. To just take it without doing any damage.

Using the best weapon in a war you know you can't win and will be dogpiled. That's nukes. That's not low skill. It's tactically your best option.

This game is actually only about 10% skill. It's then 30% activity and then around 60% politics - wars are won or lost prior to the start of the war. When you have allies joining your enemies to be on the winning side. Pre-war and post-war - that mentality is what is killing this game.

More like, 50% politics, 30% activity and 20% skill.

6XmKiC2.png

More like, 50% politics, 30% activity and 20% skill.

I was actually being generous, lol.  It's more like 80% politics, 15% activity, and 5% skill.  This war system is prob. a bit better than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)'s which takes no skill.

Edited by Placentica

I was actually being generous, lol. It's more like 80% politics, 25% activity, and 5% skill. This war system is prob. a bit better than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)'s which takes no skill.

Always give 110%

• Upvote 4

☾☆

Priest of Dio

I was actually being generous, lol. It's more like 80% politics, 25% activity, and 5% skill. This war system is prob. a bit better than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)'s which takes no skill.

That assume that you can win with only politics, which is not true. 100 people can declare war on 10 and lose if those 100 barley log in and the 10 log in multiple times a day.

On top of that, skill plays a big role as well. The skill difference between some alliances aren't that high, but skill itself is important. If you start off with naval attacks, missiles or nukes, then I'm probably going to beat you through coordination even if you have more troops. You could also put war planning under skill. That has less to do with politics and more to do with tier match ups, etc etc.

6XmKiC2.png

You guys like to play up the skill level, but it's really more so about activity and getting people to declare wars.  The having people to declare wars is basically what politics is all about.  Skill only matters if you have equal sides, and we'll never have a war like that.  No one will ever let it happen.  In the end, at this point it won't matter, the interest in this game is already starting to drop off.

Mensa making topics like these to squash even the smallest chance of damage will only make things worse.  You can't really say "nukes are stupid and don't matter" while also saying "nukes are soooo important we need to make a special "league" about destroying them".  Can't have it both ways, imo.

The irony is Mensa isn't the alliance that will ever take many nukes because they keep their cities small. So not sure why they feel they need to be the hegemonic driving force behind this.

No.

You are foolish if you think member nations don't affect the alliance as a whole.

We aren't playing a single-nation politics and war simulator.  We are playing an alliance-level politics and war simulator.

You guys like to play up the skill level, but it's really more so about activity and getting people to declare wars.  The having people to declare wars is basically what politics is all about.  Skill only matters if you have equal sides, and we'll never have a war like that.  No one will ever let it happen.  In the end, at this point it won't matter, the interest in this game is already starting to drop off.

Mensa making topics like these to squash even the smallest chance of damage will only make things worse.  You can't really say "nukes are stupid and don't matter" while also saying "nukes are soooo important we need to make a special "league" about destroying them".  Can't have it both ways, imo.

The irony is Mensa isn't the alliance that will ever take many nukes because they keep their cities small. So not sure why they feel they need to be the hegemonic driving force behind this.

You say this because you suck. You have zero skill. You're at least correct in that it doesn't take a brilliant mind to be good at this game, but you and many others can't manage to figure it out anyway. Something that Mensa has demonstrated multiple times. Go ahead, nuke me. I love it. Your "best tactical move" is actually the best tactical outcome for your enemies. In a war, your nukes are my best friend. Even you should be able to work out how that is different from having nukes set world food production to zero, but... to be honest, no one is surprised anymore when you are blind to the obvious. 

• Upvote 2

You are foolish if you think member nations don't affect the alliance as a whole.

We aren't playing a single-nation politics and war simulator.  We are playing an alliance-level politics and war simulator.

We are.  And I made an extra-alliance thing - you could call it a non-state actor.

-signature removed for rules violation-

You say this because you suck. You have zero skill. You're at least correct in that it doesn't take a brilliant mind to be good at this game, but you and many others can't manage to figure it out anyway. Something that Mensa has demonstrated multiple times. Go ahead, nuke me. I love it. Your "best tactical move" is actually the best tactical outcome for your enemies. In a war, your nukes are my best friend. Even you should be able to work out how that is different from having nukes set world food production to zero, but... to be honest, no one is surprised anymore when you are blind to the obvious. 

Are you really that dense?  That we started to nuke you before the war was over?  Or that you thought anyone *could* counter you at that point?  We had zeroed most Mensa guys conventionally before the anti-Pantheon attack force filled our slots, lol.  You are quick to forget we went conventional the first day.

The skill your side demonstrated was not getting Pantheon to immediately drop TKR/TS but to take one for the team while you dogpiled two small alliances who didn't have much infra to lose anyway to protect Mensa over Pantheon and to take care of the continuing grudge your allies seem to have against us.

You guys sending nations to fill Fark/Alpha warslots - when we already had 1-2 wars - that takes ZERO war skill.  Don't fool yourself, champ.

This is why your sphere loses constantly.

Has been numerous occasions when skill for the outnumbered side was a winning factor (for our side anyway).

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png

Are you really that dense?  That we started to nuke you before the war was over?  Or that you thought anyone *could* counter you at that point?  We had zeroed most Mensa guys conventionally before the anti-Pantheon attack force filled our slots, lol.  You are quick to forget we went conventional the first day.

The skill your side demonstrated was not getting Pantheon to immediately drop TKR/TS but to take one for the team while you dogpiled two small alliances who didn't have much infra to lose anyway to protect Mensa over Pantheon and to take care of the continuing grudge your allies seem to have against us.

You guys sending nations to fill Fark/Alpha warslots - when we already had 1-2 wars - that takes ZERO war skill.  Don't fool yourself, champ.

The Steve-lacks-skill proof doesn't rely on one war. Your stats don't tell the whole story, but close enough. You are a nuker, and somehow never find the room to do anything actually useful or worthwhile. If you always find yourself backed into a corner with no options, consider the possibility that your suckitude extends into strategic planning and leadership.