Unveiling the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

LordRahl2

Any attempt to stop us from stockpiling the nukes we need to maintain any semblance of parity with you OO pukes will result in a constant state of nuclear war. Fark, Alpha, and NK will maintain a sufficient stockpile of nukes to do more infra damage to you than you can do to us. We tried to fight you mensa jack wagons conventionally and you responded by having hundreds of allied nations fill our 45 nations defensive slots rather than aiding Pantheon. OO brought this nuclear war upon the world, and this attempt at increasing your despotic grip on the game will kill it by making us constantly launch our nukes as soon as we buy them until we can't and then there will be nobody left for you pathetic scum to play the game with.

• Upvote 2

That's 8 days per individual nuke.

You know what else is shitty?  New players not able to do anything about food if they happen to join up during a war~

I think we can all agree that the change Sheepy put in is pretty shit, so we're stuck here discussing on what to do now.  Do we care about new players?  Do we care about the players who center their whole playstyle around nukes?  etc.

I'm not that concerned about new players not being able to do anything about food.  You start with 250 food which is more than enough to get you started and to find an alliance.  Most alliances have sufficient numbers of benefactors that can give up a little bit of food to keep small nations going until the rad levels go back down to levels that ensure food production can go back up.

I will honestly say I think the radiation index is a pretty good concept.  It may require some tweaking but overall I find it funny and good.

I think I'll turn it around.  Do we care about players who center their whole play style around conventional weapons?  If an alliance decides to maximize nukes, there are all sorts of penalties to doing that (economic, political, military, coordination, etc), not the least of which is taking no damage while completely curb stomping their opponents.

Edit: Bolded my changed

Edited by Bambino

I will honestly say I think the radiation index is a pretty good concept.  It may require some tweaking but overall I find it funny and good.

I don't disagree with you on this.  It is a cool idea.  I'm really hating on Sheepy implementing changes right when a war starts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm very experienced at playing with myself, tyvm.

Some of the pics you posted in that other alliance in the other cyberverse were fairly.....disturbing to say the least, but it looked like you having fun so nothing was ever said.

X4EfkAB.png

Since it looks like our gov members haven't said this yet... At this point the League is not funded or controlled by Mensa HQ the alliance. Members should not expect to be defended by Mensa against retaliation over spy attacks, although we retain the right to do so at our discretion. 

Okay ill join, but i request upon me joining this group that i be allowed to build and maintain AT LEAST 2x my city count in nukes (which is 34) without reprimand. Police can speed because theyre above the law, i should have nukes because i am too.

>strawman

• Downvote 1

Some of the pics you posted in that other alliance in the other cyberverse were fairly.....disturbing to say the least, but it looked like you having fun so nothing was ever said.

It was a place of love. I don't remember posting anything that wasn't very vanilla, but I didn't stop others from doing so that's for sure.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Take the Arrgh NS scandal. Sure, we could have all pitched in to break up the NS abusing nations, but no coalition formed, even though by their very definition of their existence require to prey off of newer nations. Keeping in mind that Arrgh wasn't the only alliance abusing the NS system. Instead, Arrgh was used as a political tool to harass lower tiers of opposing nations in backroom deals. At no point was there even a consideration for an assembled coalition that was not along power bloc lines to break up Arrgh's stranglehold on the mid tier "for the noobs and the greater good." If memory serves, the only way it was fixed was through "divine intervention."

The arguments made against us during that period were mostly BS, the argument was that we were picking on people smaller than us, but the people complaining were not people smaller than Arrgh nations but rather nations much larger than Arrgh who were being submarine hit by our guys. This is a less sympathetic group than the poor noobs, so the focus was put instead on newbies. We were raiding newbies, but the Arrgh nations raiding them were not using low NS tactics and the changes did nothing to help them.

Sheepy's divine intervention did nothing at all to help small nations being raided, it was never about that, it was really about whale protection.

Edited by Ogaden
  • Upvote 3
tvPWtuA.gif

The arguments made against us during that period were mostly BS, the argument was that we were picking on people smaller than us, but the people complaining were not people smaller than Arrgh nations but rather nations much larger than Arrgh who were being submarine hit by our guys. This is a less sympathetic group than the poor noobs, so the focus was put instead on newbies. We were raiding newbies, but the Arrgh nations raiding them were not using low NS tactics and the changes did nothing to help them.

Sheepy's divine intervention did nothing at all to help small nations being raided, it was never about that, it was really about whale protection.

I don't know much about submarine hits, nor do I have the means to investigate now. Revisionist history or not, the fact still remained that some nations in Arrgh had immense power in a very narrow mid-tier and by it's very existence demanded constant raiding, be that whales or otherwise. 

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11955-a-treatise-on-the-duplicity-of-anti-pirate-activities/?p=223170

But this is a side-track to the main topic, which is that before Sheepy intervened, there was no multi-bloc coalition that was assembled to remove those nations from their power base. Hell, if memory serves, Mensa emulated the tactics. There was talk of a coalition, but it never materialized. The point is, my critique of the League is that it cannot overcome partisanship, and if it did, there would be too few for it to be effective. 

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Hell, if memory serves, Mensa emulated the tactics. There was talk of a coalition, but it never materialized. The point is, my critique of the League is that it cannot overcome partisanship, and if it did, there would be too few for it to be effective. 

We discovered the possibility of it and expanded on it, but we didn't exercise it enough. I think we got one or two nations with updeclares while staying out of range and that was it.  Later some of the Euros in our alliance left and joined Arrgh, in which they used it to their advantage.  Whether Arrgh knew about the tactic beforehand or not, I wouldn't know, but they used it quite a bit on us.  Which we acknowledged.

I don't think there was too much griping from us on getting it changed though.  Maybe a few frustrated players, but we were about to return the favor slowly before the war ended as we had enough people dragged down to further drag down Arrgh members. :P  Would've been an interesting war had it continued.

• Downvote 1

You know what else is shitty?  New players not able to do anything about food if they happen to join up during a war~

I guess alliances with their collective wealth could actually help any prospective new nations coming their way with any food related issues

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png