A quick Partisan note to NPO

Prefonteen

I don't get it.

Partisan provides a screenshot gained from NPO's forums recruiting (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) members for a war against a mysterious "threat" in PnW who you and nobody else from NPO can name and that is somehow bad because it involves (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) within a PnW related context.

You then provide at my last count 3 or 4 logs and quotes from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) related channels which have nothing to do with PnW but that is fine?

The narrative you are attempting to portray is slipping.

No, you're being obtuse here as usual, Charles. You're not really good at this.

The topic was posted after threats issued by Chimaera on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) forumsof retaliation here and Partisan's statement about fates being sealed over here with militarization by some alliances happening the next day. The topic didn't go up until the 8th or 9th well after those two events happened. We used a general threat because it was easier to frame it that way to new players and we didn't need to go into P&W jargon. I don't feel the sentiment expressed in the screenshot is necessarily exclusive to the Syndicate and mentioned an undercurrent of anti-NPO thought.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

No, you're being obtuse here as usual, Charles. You're not really good at this.

The topic was posted after threats issued by Chimaera on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) forumsof retaliation here and Partisan's statement about fates being sealed over here with militarization by some alliances happening the next day. The topic didn't go up until the 8th or 9th well after those two events happened. We used a general threat because it was easier to frame it that way to new players and we didn't need to go into P&W jargon. I don't feel the sentiment expressed in the screenshot is necessarily exclusive to the Syndicate and mentioned an undercurrent of anti-NPO thought.

1. The cropped log of chim used within the recruitment screenshot didn't occur on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) forums, it occurred in a channel unrelated to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) as far as I understand.

2. This topic is based upon  PnW NPO recruiting from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO branch using the cropped and manipulated log image in order to combat an alleged threat here whilst outright and deliberately manipulating information presented within the cropped image to suit your own agenda.

3. All of your logs and quotes are from forums, games and irc channels totally unrelated to PnW and thus have no relevance here.

tldr: quit it

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

1. The cropped log of chim used within the recruitment screenshot didn't occur on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) forums, it occurred in a channel unrelated to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) as far as I understand.

2. This topic is based upon  PnW NPO recruiting from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO using the cropped and manipulated log image in order to combat an alleged threat here whilst outright and deliberately manipulating information presented within the cropped image to suit your own agenda.

3. All of your logs and quotes are from forums, games and irc channels totally unrelated to PnW and thus have no relevance here.

tldr: quit it

1/ You're really trying to evade the core of the point. The desperation you  seem to have in making it seem like Chim is innocent and he was just giving his opinion when he followed up his passive hostility with real hostility later on is funny. It was only used in the recruitment message from a metagame perspective to highlight the point that people don't like NPO because of its past in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  The potential conflict referred to had a basis in the events including actual threatening comments  that occurred prior to it being posted. The context really doesn't detract from the point that people want to kill NPO and if you want I could ask them to include it. I really wouldn't have cared about the context had I been presented it in that form. The slander being commited by saying we doctored it is completely unwarranted. Personally, I don't use my phone for IRC ever and I don't know how much could be included in an irccloud screencap on a mobile device.

2. This topic is based on the idea that NPO invented a threat out of thin air and that people were being unfairly painted as hostile, when it's clearly not the case. There was a real one and at this point you're trying to dance around and focus exclusively on the logs, which I have even said weren't manipulated for any political purpose. It was given to me that way by Hestia and I was asked for an honest opinion on ti. I didn't treat it as a big deal until it was just the tip of the iceberg in a series of both passive and aggressive threats from people in P&W to retaliate for a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) action. If the argument is, "HEY YOU GUYS DIDN'T INCLUDE CHIM SAYING  I'M SURE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE REAL PROBLEMS AND PARTISAN SAYING YOU SEAL YOUR OWN FATE", it's sad really and we can just modify the topic to include that. If that was the concern, I'm sure we could have accommodated people had they contacted NPO privately instead.

3. People have demanded proof that the CB in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) was unrelated to P&W. If what happens on the forums over there doesn't matter here, what's with all the indignation over "For Steve, " which was mentioned in the opening post? 

Your sophistry in trying to make this seem like NPO are the bad guys is pathetic.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 2

I don't believe anyone is attempting to make NPO look like the " bad guys". People are just calling it as they see it from my perspective, personally I would label you as attempting to play the victim but failing terribly at it which is a surprise because you usually are so good at it.

Untitled.png

Then you missed the trajectory of the topic entirely in which it was portrayed as NPO displaying tS as a threat via Chim's log with no basis.  If your interpretation that we were just trying to play the victim, that's not the one a lot of people had. The accusations mainly revolved around an unfair portrayal of tS intended to create an atmosphere of hostility based solely on Chimaera's words when tS was never mentioned by name.  We had tS as a concern for real reasons and continue to do so.

To be quite honest, I think everyone and anyone who reasonably views that screenshot of your forums knows full well you are implying tS is a threat. Only difference is you lack the balls to outright say it here now that you have been caught out and instead are deciding to play the victim card.

YRHj3uH.png

Might want to check the balance, I assume it might be running low.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Upvote 2

Untitled.png

i said this before but i'll say it again: i think its a bit ridiculous to say that the 'PnW community hates NPO because it did well in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)'. this thread has been filled w/ prominent ppl from either sphere saying that they dont care about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), and i believe them.

the 'hate' yall are getting is simply coming from being a prominent member in your sphere. you came at a time when many of the other alliances have been defeated in sequence by t$ despite very strong odds, and so i think a lot of people see your alliance as one that could finally topple t$ and do it 1-0. all (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) gave you was a little bit of credibility amongst some of the seasoned players, the rest of us (read: most of Orbis) couldn't give two sh*ts about anything yall did in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), and its foolish to claim otherwise.

Edited by Beowulf the Second

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

To be quite honest, I think everyone and anyone who reasonably views that screenshot of your forums knows full well you are implying tS is a threat. Only difference is you lack the balls to outright say it here now that you have been caught out and instead are deciding to play the victim card.

YRHj3uH.png

Might want to check the balance, I assume it might be running low.

I bet you felt real proud of yourself after making it.  Did you give yourself a self-congratulatory pat on the back?

Again, being obtuse. If someone makes threats, why wouldn't they be a threat?

i said this before but i'll say it again: i think its a bit ridiculous to say that the 'PnW community hates NPO because it did well in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)'. this thread has been filled w/ prominent ppl from either sphere saying that they dont care about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), and i believe them.

the 'hate' yall are getting is simply coming from being a prominent member in your sphere. you came at a time when many of the other alliances have been defeated in sequence by t$ despite very strong odds, and so i think a lot of people see your alliance as one that could finally topple t$ and do it 1-0. all (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) gave you was a little bit of credibility amongst some of the seasoned players, the rest of us (read: most of Orbis) couldn't give two sh*ts about anything yall did in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), and its foolish to claim otherwise.

Then I think you have a different train thought than some people. I wish there more people like you, but people have said they contemplated whether to allow NPO's existence when we first formed because of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). I think you underestimate how many people have played it within the game and the influence it has had on how people use their power here.

I appreciate your fresh perspective though as it's better than dealing with  the guys from MI6/MK who carry in-game hatred/dislike to OOC.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

"Oh no, someone said something bad about NPO, we're under threat now"

You keep going back to Chim.  Is Chim the boogie man to you guys or something?

No, but he issued the threats of cross-game retaliation and your FA head made similar comments..  Again. I kind of wish more people were like you. I think the Mensa invasion has been beneficial in that regard as it's practically the only non-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)/LW/PT community and you guys from e-rep have kept it clean regardless of past IC issues.

Yeah, but... again, Chim was an relative inactive member and you took it serious.  ( "was" because of recently you guys made him pay way more attention here )

Partisan only made those comments in reply to your actions about Chim.

Hell, I've been calling for war on you guys due to these stupid threads.  I'm more of a threat than Chim as I'm honest about it.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, but... again, Chim was an relative inactive member and you took it serious.  ( "was" because of recently you guys made him pay way more attention here )

Partisan only made those comments in reply to your actions about Chim.

Hell, I've been calling for war on you guys due to these stupid threads.  I'm more of a threat than Chim as I'm honest about it.

No, I'm referring to when Partisan made a comment in the same thread Chim did on the same night that corroborated his threats before we did anything at all in response.

You're the ones who made it, so I'm not sure what the point is. Had you not made it and handled them privately to begin with, we wouldn't have this going so long. I think Boony was right when he said it was unnecessary. It was only going to put our backs up even more.

Ok, I know this is going full circle here, but there is literally a posted screenshot of communications from NPO in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) - with a cropped up version of what Chim said in some off channel game with his buds - that is being used as a means of recruiting under the guise that you folks are under threat here.

Do you not understand this?

A cropped up conversation, which the posted up log of it in it's entirety had nothing to do with threatening NPO.  It was a statement made by a person who isn't fond of NPO, but has no involvement with decision making here in PnW - let alone active enough to make them initially.  Not only that, it was a reply to someone asking if he'd join NPO.

We didn't make that.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I know this is going full circle here, but there is literally a posted screenshot of communications from NPO in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) - with a cropped up version of what Chim said in some off channel game with his buds - that is being used as a means of recruiting under the guise that you folks are under threat here.

A cropped up conversation, which the posted up log of it in it's entirety had nothing to do with threatening NPO.  It was a statement made by a person who isn't fond of NPO, but has no involvement with decision making here in PnW - let alone active enough to make them initially.  Not only that, it was a reply to someone asking if he'd join NPO.

We didn't make that.

I am unsure that logic is going to get you anywhere anymore EZ.  Roquentin has to play the spin game and he is playing the best cards available.  Those cards happen to be 72off-suit but that what he is holding so those are the only ones available.

-signature removed for rules violation-

We didn't make that.

I already went quite into the detail this on this. The thread was only posted long after threatening comments about retaliation in P&W were made on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) forums and militarization by Syndicate allies had begun. You can't keep ignoring this issue. I received it in that form on the 5th, a full day before any attack on MI6.  I dont't know whether it was cropped or not, since I didn't take the screencap. I gave the context for me receiving it. The continued slander by saying it was doctored for political purposes is getting tiresome. We chose not to do anything with until after those other events occurred. It's going full circle.

Again your argument is "you didn't also include the other stuff they said that was in a threatening context and chose to only use one bit of evidence despite having more."

So threats were made, we felt under threat, and the the topic was created in that context. You can keep pretending that we just received the screenshot and that's all we had to go on, but it's simply not the case and the more you guys revert to this argument, the more in bad faith this discussion continues to be.

I get this is normally the "we love tS" section but you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

Edited by Roquentin

"Oh no, someone said something bad about NPO, we're under threat now"

You keep going back to Chim.  Is Chim the boogie man to you guys or something?

Replace Chim in your statements to Steve and NPO to tS and you have your cb against Alpha right there.

tS thought 'slander' was enough to roll an alliance yet you make fun of NPO claiming your alliance is doing the same to them.

Point is, there is a lot of hypocrisy in this thread and it is hilarious.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

It is doctored for political purposes.

I'll be honest, at this point, I hope we justify your doctored "threat of existence" and go to war with you guys.  I really do hope so.  I'd love nothing more than to introduce NPO to the world here in PnW through war.

And I hope you take that comment and use it as a means to recruit more gullible players.

Just fortunate that I'm not calling the shots here.

Hell, I'm not even upset about the crossover crap about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)/PnW.  Could care less about that.  I just hate the fact that apparently you guys took an inactive member's comments about why he won't join NPO as a threat.  It's the silliest damn thing.

Replace Chim in your statements to Steve and NPO to tS and you have your cb against Alpha right there.

tS thought 'slander' was enough to roll an alliance yet you make fun of NPO claiming your alliance is doing the same to them.

Point is, there is a lot of hypocrisy in this thread and it is hilarious.

Pretty sure there was more reasoning to warring with Alpha than what is going on here with NPO.

• Downvote 1

It is doctored for political purposes.

I'll be honest, at this point, I hope we justify your doctored "threat of existence" and go to war with you guys.  I really do hope so.  I'd love nothing more than to introduce NPO to the world here in PnW through war.

And I hope you take that comment and use it as a means to recruit more gullible players.

Just fortunate that I'm not calling the shots here.

Hell, I'm not even upset about the crossover crap about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)/PnW.  Could care less about that.  I just hate the fact that apparently you guys took an inactive member's comments about why he won't join NPO as a threat.  It's the silliest damn thing.

Pretty sure there was more reasoning to warring with Alpha than what is going on here with NPO.

It isn't doctored for political purposes. 

Here is the context of me receiving again:

[2016-06-05 16:24:37] <G_Hestia[Dolor_Aliis]> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/0fl8iV6m/IMG_5384.PNG
[2016-06-05 16:24:48] <G_Hestia[Dolor_Aliis]> What do you think?
[2016-06-05 16:25:23] <Roquentin> i'm sure someone will try
[2016-06-05 16:25:37] <Roquentin> i mean
[2016-06-05 16:25:51] <Roquentin> I haven't really covered up the fact that people see NPO as a threat
[2016-06-05 16:27:33] <Roquentin> he's exaggerating a bit though and he's a hostile so
[2016-06-05 16:27:41] <G_Hestia[Dolor_Aliis]> Yeah
[2016-06-05 16:27:45] <G_Hestia[Dolor_Aliis]> That's why I asked

It was given to me to ask what I thought by a member who doesn't know much about politics.

Edited by Roquentin

>still uses it as a recruiting tool for a "threat" in another game

Cool deal.

I'm just going to repost the screens again of the threats that came after that one

NRVEAEi.png

rQHFnjV.png

x6RFyzk.png

MQ2Ee7B.png

FhTzFp0.png

1mYbRjG.png

Militarization by tS allies

and then this topic is made by the same night the thread goes up and Partisan gets it from his spy.(I think I know who it is as there are only a few people it could be.)

9W3YXgi.png

Edited by Roquentin

Let's look at more how hypocritical this can get. Mensa literally had Pfeiffer as a leader that came after Rose once we had Oblige/Foxes in the alliance, Pfeiffer often asked me to not accept them and kick them from the alliance due to Erep.

Where were any of you righteous guys whilst this was happening?

If you don't see why I think some of you are hypocritical than you are blind to your own faults.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Let's look at more how hypocritical this can get. Mensa literally had Pfeiffer as a leader that came after Rose once we had Oblige/Foxes in the alliance, Pfeiffer often asked me to not accept them and kick them from the alliance due to Erep.

Where were any of you righteous guys whilst this was happening?

If you don't see why I think some of you are hypocritical than you are blind to your own faults.

Oh that wasnt just erep. That love fest is personal/erep/PW/everything and on some non-gaming level. Pfeiffer is a dick and that is admitted. I think the only time it boiled over was that ad that started a war. I thought you attacked us that other time, ya? So we did not go to war over that per se.

-signature removed for rules violation-

The fact still remains that those complaining the most about intermixing the different worlds, are doing so by further intermixing the two worlds. How some cannot see that, I do not understand. I can't believe we're still talking about this and it has made 10 pages.  :lol:

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

It's all just a coincidence, mirite?

6XwDYQr.png

OCTq3oG.png

This is the case for a number of alliances including the ones in the first dump.  If we're not to feel threatened by militarization by allies of an alliance already at war after we get threats from said alliance, not sure what you expect. I have no further interest in discussing bullshit like "well you just had the screencap in there so this doesn't matter."  If at this point, you still maintain your position in the face of all the evidence, you are too enamored with tS or are a tSmember.

Edited by Roquentin