A quick Partisan note to NPO

Prefonteen

Please leave Cybernations out of this game.  I'd rather you not try to mix the two or to make connections where they do not exist.  Alpha doesn't exist in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  Some of our members play both games, some do not.  But Alpha doesn't care what happens in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  I came to this world because I wanted a break from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Your attempts to bring that dead world of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) into this game are very concerning.

at this point i'm not sure if you are deliberately trying to obfuscate this or not but ill give you the benefit of the doubt and try to explain what the misconception is.

Orbis NPO (read: 'your side') is recruiting from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO claiming that they need support in an imminent war against t$, using a decidedly out-of-context log from a non-government t$ member that involves your PnW nation, not your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) one. We would appreciate a straightforward explanation rather than empty rhetoric.

EDIT: the 'For Steve' discussion earlier in that post is simply an introduction to the log, literally Partisan says 'So that matter, while we frown upon it, is of little consequence to t$.' stop with this BS and talk about the point please

Edited by Beowulf the Second

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

at this point i'm not sure if you are deliberately trying to obfuscate this or not but ill give you the benefit of the doubt and try to explain what the misconception is.

Orbis NPO (read: 'your side') is recruiting from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) NPO claiming that they need support in an imminent war against t$, using a decidedly out-of-context log from a non-government t$ member that involves your PnW nation, not your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) one. We would appreciate a straightforward explanation rather than empty rhetoric.

EDIT: the 'For Steve' discussion earlier in that post is simply an introduction to the log, literally Partisan says 'So that matter, while we frown upon it, is of little consequence to t$.' stop with this BS and talk about the point please

Way to ignore NPO's repsonse. Deflecting as per usual.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Can we just go to war?

We know how the world wars play out already. Let's go for round 4. Then afterwards we pretend to make nice and continue to sign many other alliances while avoiding those we're trying to be nice to.

Then we get a leak screenshot, lather, rinse, repeat.

• Downvote 1

Can we just go to war?

We know how the world wars play out already. Let's go for round 4. Then afterwards we pretend to make nice and continue to sign many other alliances while avoiding those we're trying to be nice to.

Then we get a leak screenshot, lather, rinse, repeat.

Don't think 12 treaties is enough for tS?

I may be way off, but this just strikes me as an NPO recruiting strategy, getting more of the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) guys to switch over to this game. 

As for the matter at hand, it is being way overblown. And it's funny to see people accusing others of intermixing the two worlds, by intermixing the two worlds. 

• Upvote 5

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Were you a Syndicate member when you said that Chim, or just an observer? Either way, it's reasonable for us to take a pattern of similar things being said by others as indicative of a greater threat. Whether or not that threat is yall is entirely up to yall going forward.

• Upvote 1

Were you a Syndicate member when you said that Chim, or just an observer? Either way, it's reasonable for us to take a pattern of similar things being said by others as indicative of a greater threat. Whether or not that threat is yall is entirely up to yall going forward.

Who is this threat you speak of?

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

Please leave Cybernations out of this game.  I'd rather you not try to mix the two or to make connections where they do not exist.  Alpha doesn't exist in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways).  Some of our members play both games, some do not.  But Alpha doesn't care what happens in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways).  I came to this world because I wanted a break from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). Your attempts to bring that dead world of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) into this game are very concerning.

Jesus, a second (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) thread? Can we not? Alpha's not NG, t$ isn't MI6, can we stop trying to get people who don't play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) to give a single !@#$ about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) politics?

Look at Manthrax trying to bring in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) politics. Do we really need to debate (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) in PnW?

Last I checked Placentica was never mentioned in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). There is no need to debate the reasons for the war in another game that has nothing to do with this one. Jump off the faux PR train plox.

The above three people did not read the OP. Please address the actual body of the post, rather than seizing on the mere appearance of the word "Alpha" in the preambulatory context to decry us trying to link you back to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). For the purposes of this topic, you are irrelevant. Cheers and I look forward to the nukes if you manage to get them off!

This is pretty easy to address. 

I don't think it ever says The Syndicate in particular is gunning for NPO in those screenshot, nor does it come down to the idea of one alliance harboring members with anti-NPO sentiment. It says "people don't want you here" since it's been a common attitude expressed. There have been numerous metagame critiques of NPO's involvement here in every topic we make is quickly followed up by how we're ruining the game by making it too much like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and that we sign too many treaties. In a recent poll,someone even included an "NPO sucks" option which got 30+ votes, so this idea there isn't an anti-NPO undercurrent of thought within the minds of certain players is frankly bullshit.

If people see having NPO in PW as a problem from a metagame perspective regardless of our lack of action in this game, we're going to stand our ground and try to stick around and get people who haven't been more interested in the game in order to bolster the community. We are often judged for the reputation of our (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) Branch regardless of what we have actually done, so if we are to be viewed as such, we'll  try to take full advantage of someone in particular outlining that they think people will rally around to stop us because we won (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). If you didn't want to give something that would be easy propaganda for us, then these sorts of "casual" predictions people have been making shouldn't have been made.

Are we really going to play the word game here? MrHat has been running around with those logs like a dog with a bone, clearly working to imply that Chimaera represents The Syndicate. If you sought to produce something that would clearly indicate a broader, less defined threat to Pacifica, there are no shortage of other things you could have used, which are more overtly aggressive and not taken out of context. Indeed, the poll with the "NPO sucks" option you reference would have been an option. Furthermore, if we think logically here, where would the referenced threat come from? Certainly not from VE, UPN, Polaris, or Alpha, who are all treatied to you. Rose? Unlikely, given how many mutual allies you have. The only alliances that pose any sort of statistical threat to Pacifica that remain after all that are either allied to The Syndicate or are The Syndicate itself. 

So, to recap:

You claim an existential threat
You present evidence of existential threat, logs of a Syndicate member
A quick glance indicates that NPO is treatied to every alliance that could pose an existential threat to them save those allied to The Syndicate
Ergo, your existential threat must be either The Syndicate or one of our allies (which, for us, is the same thing since we will defend them)

Of course, if we're not the threat, who the hell is left?
Edited by Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 5

I don't honestly see any reason I can't be both.  I've been a member of Orbis for a while, but my involvement in Syndicate, til now, basically stops outside of shitting around with them on IRC.  I've found the politics of this world to be even more pedantic than the one I play full time, and I've avoided it like the plague.  I've got a dozen posts on the Syndicate forums, and that's about as in-depth as my knowledge of Orbis politics goes.

My perspective in that conversation was this: NPO has been beaten down on multiple planets, this one included a while back as I understand it, and their only crime at the time was being too good on Planet Bob.  I have a problem with that.  NPO and I have never managed to see eye to eye on Bob, but that doesn't mean I don't have a healthy respect for what should be barriers between worlds (and IC/OOC barriers - you and I spoke at length about them two days ago, if you recall), or for their ability to build a community - and, frankly, these communities are all that matter in my eyes.  I gave Hestia a frank assessment of what I thought NPO's biggest problem going forward would be - a problem that's cropped up for you guys in multiple different places now, as I understand the history.  Never in a million years was the idea that I was speaking for Syndicate, or that some fool would perceive it as such, even remotely in my mind - because I don't speak for Syndicate, nor do I have any intention to speak for them going forward.  They're my friends, and I'm a member, and that's where I'm content.

The fact that this has been twisted and taken out of context, in this world and on Bob, showcases precisely why there's a healthy amount of disdain for Pacifica here.  I was having a conversation with someone I had just met, in an OOC channel, in an OOC manner - and suddenly it has become this massive IC issue across two different worlds because there was perceived to be an opportunity to do something with it.  That's not even a little bit okay, regardless of anyone's opinion of me as a person or a leader.  

Edit: had some clunky verbiage 

Edited by Chimaera
  • Upvote 2

g23Jm5K.png

You are literally the person cited in the other game that precipitated this.

For the last time, look to your left of this post, you see that my name is Placentica, right?  Where was Placentica mentioned in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)?

Stop trying to pull (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) drama into PnW.

• Upvote 1

This is pretty easy to address. 

I don't think it ever says The Syndicate in particular is gunning for NPO in those screenshot, nor does it come down to the idea of one alliance harboring members with anti-NPO sentiment. It says "people don't want you here" since it's been a common attitude expressed. There have been numerous metagame critiques of NPO's involvement here in every topic we make is quickly followed up by how we're ruining the game by making it too much like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and that we sign too many treaties. In a recent poll,someone even included an "NPO sucks" option which got 30+ votes, so this idea there isn't an anti-NPO undercurrent of thought within the minds of certain players is frankly bullshit.

If people see having NPO in PW as a problem from a metagame perspective regardless of our lack of action in this game, we're going to stand our ground and try to stick around and get people who haven't been more interested in the game in order to bolster the community. We are often judged for the reputation of our (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) Branch regardless of what we have actually done, so if we are to be viewed as such, we'll  try to take full advantage of someone in particular outlining that they think people will rally around to stop us because we won (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). If you didn't want to give something that would be easy propaganda for us, then these sorts of "casual" predictions people have been making shouldn't have been made.

i like T-Ara btw

So your point is that the PW community is out to get you as a whole, instead of just t$? I just don't see (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) NPO's success being the cause of anti-NPO sentiments at all: half of us don't play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), and most of the other half don't like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) (or thereabouts xD). 10x more likely is that NPO and t$ have both become visible standard bearers of their respective spheres and are subject to random attack at any time, which is why you ALSO see t$ being attacked 'regardless of our lack of action in this game'. It's unfortunate, it's annoying, and it's how the game works when you're the center of attention.

Partisan is thus showing your recruitment tactic as a bit of a sham and is asking Placentica to explain, nothing else.

Edited by Beowulf the Second

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.

The above three people did not read the OP. Please address the actual body of the post, rather than seizing on the mere appearance of the word "Alpha" in the preambulatory context to decry us trying to link you back to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). For the purposes of this topic, you are irrelevant. Cheers and I look forward to the nukes if you manage to get them off!

I was responding to Manthrax, not the OP. But ya'll have on more than one occasion tried to link (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and PnW. All those DoW "Join MI6" For example.

For the last time, look to your left of this post, you see that my name is Placentica, right?  Where was Placentica mentioned in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)?

Stop trying to pull (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) drama into PnW.

Orbis NPO (read: 'your side') is recruiting from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) NPO claiming that they need support in an imminent war against t$, using a decidedly out-of-context log from a non-government t$ member that involves your PnW nation, not your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) one. We would appreciate a straightforward explanation rather than empty rhetoric.

I was responding to Manthrax, not the OP. But ya'll have on more than one occasion tried to link (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and PnW. All those DoW "Join MI6" For example.

FWIW, I think that's just a Eumir thing.  He does that on Bob, too, even when he's not an MI6 member.  If there's been more than Eumir, apologies - I just think that's what you're talking about.

Oh, and apparently Critters, too.  Critters is an idiot.

Edited by Chimaera

g23Jm5K.png

Much like we were discussing on IRC an hour or so ago, people often write things into DoWs which they don't mean. Much like how alpha nations say they are going to nuke a person in a DoW but don't actually follow through with it.

I am sure you understand :)

Untitled.png

FWIW, I think that's just a Eumir thing.  He does that on Bob, too, even when he's not an MI6 member.  If there's been more than Eumir, apologies - I just think that's what you're talking about.

Your members have stated they odn't like Alpha because it's NG and NG sucks as well. 

• Upvote 1

I'm fairly sure those were responses to earlier Alpha dows about mi6, which is why I didn't bother to have a word with those two members.

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

For real roy? I read it, I don't care. If anything, post this on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) forum where potential NPO recruits might actually see it. I don't care how NPO recruits from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), that's their business. The only orbis related point is point 4, in which case, if you don't think the two spheres in a game called politics and war will eventually go to war after politics break down, I don't know what to tell you.