Not Being Able to See the Ads of Someone You've Embargoed

Alex

• Wiki Mod

TBH I doubt he really considered it.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

So, if I embargo everyone, I wouldn't have to see ads? :P

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

To those who exclaim, "But they paid money for that and people won't see it"...It already is possible to block player ads with an ad-blocker browser extension. That is, it might already be the case that there are many players not seeing the idiotic ads some players are paying money to put up. At least with Sheepy's proposed feature, the players posting ads may be made aware of how disliked their ads are when they're bombarded with embargo notices, giving them the opportunity to adjust their behaviour if they actually want people to see the ad.

I don't think it would result in people willy-nilly embargoing every player that posts ads given that it reduces your trading opportunities. I think players would only be inclined to embargo players that really do just pump out shitty ads. I also think throwing money at the game shouldn't be a free pass to throw up stupid ads. A feature like this that enables the players to say, "No, we're just going to ignore you" may be a good way to help regulate the behaviour of entitled donors.

To those who exclaim, "But they paid money for that and people won't see it"...It already is possible to block player ads with an ad-blocker browser extension. That is, it might already be the case that there are many players not seeing the idiotic ads some players are paying money to put up. At least with Sheepy's proposed feature, the players posting ads may be made aware of how disliked their ads are when they're bombarded with embargo notices, giving them the opportunity to adjust their behaviour if they actually want people to see the ad.

I don't think it would result in people willy-nilly embargoing every player that posts ads given that it reduces your trading opportunities. I think players would only be inclined to embargo players that really do just pump out shitty ads. I also think throwing money at the game shouldn't be a free pass to throw up stupid ads. A feature like this that enables the players to say, "No, we're just going to ignore you" may be a good way to help regulate the behaviour of entitled donors.

They get to see the ad at least once though unless they are ad blocking everything (and not specific urls), but I believe that may also effects flags and such too. Used to ad block a few early on (pretty much all the poor Rose ones like the potato salad), but stopped after a while. Once the Trump ads really started was when the greatness of player advertisements became clear. I can only hope Trump becomes president so we see many more ads in future, the game won't be the same without Trump.

• Upvote 1

That's cool. But it's not the bottom line of corporate advertisers that's going to hurt. It's Sheepy's bottom line. Really pretty simple: you disincentivize ads, there will be fewer of them. Ads are one of the ways Sheepy generates revenue.

Sheepy doesn't deserve any amount of revenue. Sheepy deserves to be sodomized with a tire iron.

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

They get to see the ad at least once though unless they are ad blocking everything (and not specific urls), but I believe that may also effects flags and such too. Used to ad block a few early on (pretty much all the poor Rose ones like the potato salad), but stopped after a while. Once the Trump ads really started was when the greatness of player advertisements became clear. I can only hope Trump becomes president so we see many more ads in future, the game won't be the same without Trump.

I use an ad-blocker, it is possible to block player ads without blocking other features such as flags.

37KYDS7ujgNTW.gif

Spoiler alert. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Oooh! Add this! I want to embargo everyone in BK and Mensa so I don't see their stupid ads!

It was like a month ago when Mensa last did an Ad...  and anyway, your name is not Vosunda or seabasstion so most of us wouldn't buy from you anyway!

☾☆

Warrior of Dio