Terrorism/Hate

Aksel

...yeah I don't usually get ticked off by things, but this pretty much is everything you can do to piss me off. 

Forum account name: Osama Bin Laden

Hate: In This Thread

IF nazism isn't allowed - Osama Bin Laden shouldn't be allowed. 

Just to add to this, this guy also came on IRC in #politicsandwar and starting with a trolling fest calling everyone atheists and talking about Islam and whatnot, at which time I reached out to Skynet and had him take of it.

This post is a prime example.

It also gives me an excuse to say that who ever this is, is completely retarded.

how is saying being gay should be banned "hate"?

it is banned in many parts of world. should we ban everybody from these countries then?

Edited by Osama Bin Laden

freedom of speech not troll

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I'll accept a warning and get suspended from the forums to put my two cents in,

You banned Nazism, because its offensive, but you allow pro-terrorist and hateful views? C'mon now, thats a bit being a hypocrite, you banned Nazism for hate but allow terrorist supporting people spew their hate on a group of human beings, that have feelings, that have the right to be here and not have to worry about being prosecuted by hateful beings like these terrorist supporting, gay murdering thugs.

So if you are going to ban one thing from the game for its hateful nature, then ban terrorism and anything else that is hateful otherwise unban Nazism.

Ill be withdrawing from the community as well, if terrorist supporting extremists are allowed to spew their hatred into the forums.

• Upvote 6

PoJQyFJ.gif

I am also willing to accept a warning to support Mad Max. I had voiced concern over terrorist related accounts a long while ago and was told as long as they do not try recruiting people for terrorist activities and what not they will be left alone. Given the things that groups like the Taliban and ISIS do how can we justify banning Nazi things but not them?

I have also seen some symbols used by terrorists defended by players on here because the symbols have "simply been corrupted by certain individuals". Couldn't the same be said for the Nazis use of the swastika? An innocent symbol corrupted by bad people, if we ban that how can we not ban the use of symbols used by terrorist organizations?

• Upvote 3

The response before was that Nazis are banned as having very real groups out there of (Neo-)Nazis on here is unwanted, meanwhile with Islamists there is no such group. However there are now more and more of these people popping up all agreeing with each on issues such as all homosexuals deserving death among other things. Being Muslim is one thing, being an intolerant "death to to all gays, nonbelievers (even when simply another sect of Islam), so on" Islamist is not.

I have also seen some symbols used by terrorists defended by players on here because the symbols have "simply been corrupted by certain individuals". Couldn't the same be said for the Nazis use of the swastika? An innocent symbol corrupted by bad people, if we ban that how can we not ban the use of symbols used by terrorist organizations?

Ibrahim's flag is just the al-Nusra (al-Qaeda) flag with the bottom bit cut out so he can hide behind that excuse. One thing if it was the text on a different background or had some other effects on it... but it's just the flag with that bottom bit count out to avoid getting warned for it. 

• Upvote 2

Certain people have been very clever, stepping right to the edge of acceptable behaviour and stating that they accept the abhorrent views of IS being valid but refusing to claim or disclaim those views as their own. It's a tricky one.

If these people are what they don't claim they are not, then they are a danger to themselves and others.

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan
  • Upvote 1

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

• Moderators

The moderation team is discussing a way forward on this subject. But before we make any formal announcements, I will clarify a point on the ban on Nazism:

The reason Nazism is banned is not because Sheepy/Mods feel Nazism is the "worst" form of hatred. Rather, because we are trying to adhere with the laws of Germany and Austria that specifically ban Nazism, Neo-Nazism, and any paraphenalia associated with those movements.

Similar laws exist in other EU nations, nations where many of our members hail from.

This is why Nazism is banned on these forums. And why Communism/Islamism/The Confederacy/Nationalist movements are not banned. Because Nazism has RL prohibitions in many countries as opposed with other ideological movements.

While I understand the argument many of you are trying to make (If Nazism is banned, why not Jihadism?), it is based on a false assumption of why the ban on Nazism is in place on the forum and the game.

• Upvote 1

The moderation team is discussing a way forward on this subject. But before we make any formal announcements, I will clarify a point on the ban on Nazism:

The reason Nazism is banned is not because Sheepy/Mods feel Nazism is the "worst" form of hatred. Rather, because we are trying to adhere with the laws of Germany and Austria that specifically ban Nazism, Neo-Nazism, and any paraphenalia associated with those movements.

Similar laws exist in other EU nations, nations where many of our members hail from.

This is why Nazism is banned on these forums. And why Communism/Islamism/The Confederacy/Nationalist movements are not banned. Because Nazism has RL prohibitions in many countries as opposed with other ideological movements.

While I understand the argument many of you are trying to make (If Nazism is banned, why not Jihadism?), it is based on a false assumption of why the ban on Nazism is in place on the forum and the game.

Except that is NOT why Nazism was banned. I can say that being a mod when that rule was mindlessly applied without any discussion even after I requested it. It's cool if you want to use that as an excuse now and I won't criticize the staff, as things have actually improved since that disaster. But the fact is, it was banned because people were offended and there was a shit storm started by Hereno and his butthurt for NoR on the OWF. 

In any case, I think the vast majority of us are sick of hearing about how homosexuals and others should be executed for nothing. You mean to tell me that people will be warned for saying "you're an idiot" but no punishment is necessary when people talk about how I should be KILLED for my sexuality?

WTF? 

EDIT: I'm not saying Islam/Salafism/Wahhabism should be banned. I'm not saying that disagreeing with homosexuality should be banned. 

What should be banned are statements advocating murder and other despicable RL acts of violence and general baseless hate speech. 

I have no problem debating morals and philosophy or religion, history, sexual practice, etc. I've had many civilized debates with conservatives who oppose homosexuality. That's not offensive. What is offensive is being told that I should be killed for being a normal human being.  

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 6

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

...um what?

With all due respect I don't think any of us are talking about Communism/Islamism/The Confederacy/Nationalist movements....we are talking about the straight shooting gay bashers and the self righteous pro-terrorism members/groups that hide under the 'free speech' banner in this community. 

Is terrorism legal in your country? It isn't in mine. In fact it is banned - in fact I believe terrorism is banned in every single country that has enough stability to uphold their own laws and regulations. Even further, the flag that I have seen in some profiles - the same profiles that spew terrorism speech and movement propaganda - HAS been banned in numerous countries. Yeah this flag was around before terrorists grabbed it - but they are using it hand in hand just like these terrorist groups like ISIS/ISIL do. 

​If you continue to allow these people to masquerade as you have been - you'll be making a huge mistake. 

A lot of people here brush stuff off and keep scrolling - it has obviously come to a point where just scrolling on by isn't cutting it any longer. Do something.

With all due respect. 

• Upvote 5

• Moderators

As we said in the last thread, we're all ears to your suggestions. These suggestions will be incorporated with the current discussions the mods and Sheepy are having on this issue.

So if you had the ability to draft a policy, what would you do? And how would you balance out taking Jihadism and not all stripes of Islam? Please provide specifics. What's allowed, and what's not allowed? This is what Sheepy and the mods are currently trying to assess.

Outright support for terrorist groups and just general support for Islam should be very easy to separate.Calling for death to gays and supporting the killing of people is a terrorist mind set as all followers of Islam claim to follow a path of peace

Edited by stetonic
  • Upvote 2

As we said in the last thread, we're all ears to your suggestions. These suggestions will be incorporated with the current discussions the mods and Sheepy are having on this issue.

So if you had the ability to draft a policy, what would you do? And how would you balance out taking Jihadism and not all stripes of Islam? Please provide specifics. What's allowed, and what's not allowed? This is what Sheepy and the mods are currently trying to assess.

Simple. Don't ban anything relevant to Islam. The issue is not Islam. 

EDIT: I'm not saying Islam/Salafism/Wahhabism should be banned. I'm not saying that disagreeing with homosexuality should be banned. 

What should be banned are statements advocating murder and other despicable RL acts of violence and general baseless hate speech. 

I have no problem debating morals and philosophy or religion, history, sexual practice, etc. I've had many civilized debates with conservatives who oppose homosexuality. That's not offensive. What is offensive is being told that I should be killed for being a normal human being.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

You can ignore Islam entirely and just go straight to the issue, that is the despicable behavior: Any death threats or advocation of such should warrant a moderation.

• "You should die because you're X."
  • "I hope someone burns you on the stake."
  • "Please kill yourself."
  • "I'll go to you personally and shoot you."

The first time should warrant a verbal warning, the second time a warning point, the third time a temporary ban. If it becomes a repeating occurrence, perma-ban. I know this sounds veering into the 'hugbox rule' territory, but this kind of behavior shouldn't become the norm in the first place imo.

There is real no way to deal with people supporting IRL violent groups without being branded as a hypocrite, though. People all over the world have different views on what count as terrorism.

• Upvote 6
UedhRvY.png

• Administrators

We're actually actively discussing potential rule changes independently of this thread, but this is a great segway to that. Expect some sort of update in the coming days on our policies regarding the forum rules.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Moderators

I'm going to go ahead and move this out of what is technically a No Discussion Forum, to the Moderation Forum. Please continue to keep discussion constructive and on-topic.

Wow. Lets let radical Islam run rampant. Thats sad. So, you dont even ban Nazism becuase of its intense hatred, just becuase its banned in some countries in the EU? Wow.

Communism is not hatred. Communism is an economic system, so dont even try to compare it to radical Islam.

nationalism is =  "The strong belief that the interests of a particular nation-state are of primary importance. Also, the belief that a people who share a common language, history, and culture should constitute an independent nation, free of foreign domination." 

So, dont compare that to radical Islam either.

Seriously, this (radical Islam) NEEDS to be banned.

Should Islam as a whole be banned? People with nations like "mecca" and "Mohammed"? 

OF COURSE NOT. Thats retarded. Freedom of religion should be encouraged.

However, when ANY religion or ideology becomes hateful of a certain group, it should be BANNED, along with any nations that adhere to that ideology.

Hatred is the only thing that cannot be tolerated on this game. 

This is very disappointing to me.

• Upvote 3

Allow me to clear up my views and those of the Muslims on here who's statements have wrongfully been misconstrued as somehow advocating for "murder", "terrorism", "vigilantism", and other acts of lawlessness. Our views as Muslims stems from the Sharia, which is the Islamic justice system that is part and parcel of our religion, and what some of us have said is that:

1. MSM is the primary cause for the spread of AIDs/HIV (fact).
  2. In the interest of community safety & disease control, their ought to be a law against MSM.
  3. Due to the serious danger this disease poses to human health and given how prevalent it is, there should be Capital punishment for anyone who is proven before a court of law that they have engaged in MSM.

MSM (Men having Sex with Men)

ztt5Wgs.png

Due to the serious danger this disease poses to human health and given how prevalent it is, there should be Capital punishment for anyone who is proven before a court of law that they have engaged in MSM.

This is exactly what should be banned-- saying a group of people, like gays, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Christians, Americans, Shi'ites, Sunnis, etc. should die/be put to death. An exception to this rule would be if the person committed heinous murder, ie. "I think the Boston bomber would get a death sentence for killing and injuring those people...", or "I'm glad Osama bin Laden was killed for his horrible actions."

• Upvote 5

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg