An Announcement from The North American Confederacy

George Clooney

I'm not after your troops, every tank I kill is one less that will be turned on VE.

In response to a PM I sent about his "brave" attack of...

King jeff744 of Bigaria ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Dinosaurio led by Deus Rex Battle Dino. The attack was a Pyrrhic victory. King jeff744's forces lost 23,323 soldiers and 776 tanks, while Deus Rex Battle Dino's defenders lost 11,832 soldiers and 293 tanks. The attack destroyed 10.58 infrastructure in the city of Stegosaurus and 0 improvements. King jeff744 stole $172,402.24 in the attack.

King jeff744 of Bigaria ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Dinosaurio led by Deus Rex Battle Dino. The attack was an utter failure. King jeff744's forces lost 19,384 soldiers and 616 tanks, while Deus Rex Battle Dino's defenders lost 8,844 soldiers and 196 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Velociraptor and 0 improvements. King jeff744 stole $0.00 in the attack.

King jeff744 of Bigaria ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Dinosaurio led by Deus Rex Battle Dino. The attack was an utter failure. King jeff744's forces lost 23,618 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Deus Rex Battle Dino's defenders lost 1,792 soldiers and 19 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Stegosaurus and 0 improvements. King jeff744 stole $0.00 in the attack.

King jeff744 of Bigaria ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Dinosaurio led by Deus Rex Battle Dino. The attack was an utter failure. King jeff744's forces lost 8,494 soldiers and 0 tanks, while Deus Rex Battle Dino's defenders lost 485 soldiers and 5 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Stegosaurus and 0 improvements. King jeff744 stole $0.00 in the attack.

King jeff744 of Bigaria ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Dinosaurio. The attack was an utter failure. King jeff744's forces lost 6 aircraft, while Deus Rex Battle Dino's defenders lost 1 aircraft. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of Ankylosaurus and 0 tanks.

*claps*

Moral superiority? You guys are picking on a micro still under protection status, getting their feet wet by fighting their first war ever against some of the strongest alliances in the game.

Will they make mistakes and do some questionable things, sure, but its part of the learning process.  That being said, they went into a war full force knowing that this could end badly for them.   So Guardian can hate them as much as they want, but they have my respect and gratitude for their help this war.

• Upvote 1

*claps*

Sometimes it's a pretty solid idea to send in failure/pyrric attacks, especially if you was declared on initially and have some battle buddies that outclass your opponent in whichever particular field you're trying to lock down, (air, ground, naval, doesn't matter) but may not have a higher amount to go for a decisive victory. Doing so makes their (battle buddy/ies) live's just a little easier. There's a few different tactical maneuvers to shoot for when you're warring. It all boils down to how to achieve your end result, no matter what your situation is. Obviously King Jeff was boned in that battle if he was fighting you all by his lonesome. If there were others fighting you simultaneously, however, that could well be what he was aiming to achieve.

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

Moral superiority? You guys are picking on a micro still under protection status, getting their feet wet by fighting their first war ever against some of the strongest alliances in the game.

Will they make mistakes and do some questionable things, sure, but its part of the learning process. That being said, they went into a war full force knowing that this could end badly for them. So Guardian can hate them as much as they want, but they have my respect and gratitude for their help this war.

Except they didn't. Look at their declare history and you will see they cherry picked 4 of our members that were weak at the time.

Definitely not "full force" . When they saw we weren't to be an easy raiding target and there are consequences to their actions they go to vacation.

There has been no sign of remorse nor apologies from them off any kind this far, only antagonistic comments. If they want to "not be picked on" then perhaps they should try basic diplomacy. Unless them calling us butthurt is a form of burying the hatchet there has been no reason given to us by them to not want to return their aggressive actions.

Trying to flip it around and make us out to be the bad guys is laughable. And if their comments are true you gave them their targets and led them to this situation. It's our fault you told them to attack us? We should just let their aggressive actions against us be forgotten simply because they are smaller?

If they (you) didn't want them to fight a more advanced alliance then they (you) shouldn't have instructed them to.

Edited by seabasstion

Sometimes it's a pretty solid idea to send in failure/pyrric attacks, especially if you was declared on initially and have some battle buddies that outclass your opponent in whichever particular field you're trying to lock down, (air, ground, naval, doesn't matter) but may not have a higher amount to go for a decisive victory. Doing so makes their (battle buddy/ies) live's just a little easier. There's a few different tactical maneuvers to shoot for when you're warring. It all boils down to how to achieve your end result, no matter what your situation is. Obviously King Jeff was boned in that battle if he was fighting you all by his lonesome. If there were others fighting you simultaneously, however, that could well be what he was aiming to achieve.

Translation:

You would not be able to call out Bigaria's tactical ineptitude if, by chance, he wasn't fighting against you alone. However, he actually was fighting against you alone, so yeah, he is actually demonstrably inept.

77oKn5K.png

Will they make mistakes and do some questionable things, sure, but its part of the learning process.  That being said, they went into a war full force knowing that this could end badly for them.   So Guardian can hate them as much as they want, but they have my respect and gratitude for their help this war.

So your telling us, we shouldn't defend ourselves because they have less nations and less NS 

So I'm assuming this was Guardian's reaction when NAC declared war on them:

meat-is-back-on-the-menu.gif

• Upvote 3

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

*claps*

Bigaria  $6,359.59 The Profitate $1,017,591.62

Huh, even when fighting three people with 500+ planes each I still managed to take over a million. It was only a matter of time before I lost, I could have sat back and let you bomb my tanks to nothing with no losses or kamikaze them and cause damage. I stand by my choice.

I was basically just one of three people in the exact same boat. I did tell the others what my plan was in the hopes they would also follow and go out in a blaze of glory rather than a whimper. Appears they didn't bother.

Translation:

You would not be able to call out Bigaria's tactical ineptitude if, by chance, he wasn't fighting against you alone. However, he actually was fighting against you alone, so yeah, he is actually demonstrably inept.

Really? What should I have done when I was fighting a lost war? Cried to mommy while the big bad nations killed whatever I built or try to get whatever kills I could on my own.

Edited by jeff744

Just follow the peer pressure in NAC and hit vacation mode too.

I actually have to for legitimate reasons (*gasp* people actually use it for what it's for?). If it's still going when I'm out I'll be back to fighting.

I actually have to for legitimate reasons (*gasp* people actually use it for what it's for?). If it's still going when I'm out I'll be back to fighting.

>can post on the forums

>can't play the game

Alrighty then.

>can post on the forums

>can't play the game

Alrighty then.

Two week minimum. My options were to start it when I was actually gone (will be closer to a week) and likely being attacked for a second round or start it now so it covers the time I'm gone while not forcing me to activate it mid attack. Either way I spend the same amount of time in VM, one just leave me with the ability to fight back when it's off.

Or perhaps, just perhaps, that flag means something a little big different here on Orbis?  Slavery has never been a thing here, nor was there any Reconstruction, Jim Crow, nor any need for a Civil Rights Movement.  Oh and, where is this Chinese factory (I assume it's a rag factory) you bring up?  What country on Orbis contains it?  No one in our alliance knows anything about it.

Look, I understand that in another universe it has become suddenly fashionable to hate on anything with the Stars and Bars on it (even if it was only used as a flag for less than two months and saw very limited distribution), but if you think that flag is the least politically correct, most objectionable thing on Orbis, it's not even close.

"This racist ass symbol isn't actually racist because its in a browsergame"

When Sheepy created vacation mode he never intended it to be used as a way to avoid being attacked. NAC has by there own acknowledgement stated that they did indeed go on vacation mode to save there members. This is a direct violation of the game. The fact that they even admit to abusing the vacation mode is just more proof. Anyone that agrees with NAC should read what Sheepy intended vacation mode to used for. I have posted NAC's message of guilt and Sheepy's intent for vacation mode

.post_offline.pngMutwa

Posted Today, 02:33 AM
Mutwa

• photo-2047.jpg?_r=1433222020
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 51 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg
  • Leader Name:Mutwa
  • Nation Name:Valheru
  • Nation Link:Click Here
  • Alliance Name:North American Confederacy

I am sorry that Guardian feels a few extra attackers from what is basically a micro alliance was unfair. You were already outnumbered and the few extra number we were able to add made little to no difference. As a small alliance we were always going to get pummeled in this war.

We planned our tactics to be able to stick around as long as possible and do as much damage as possible, and yes, that means some nations going into vacation mode before their slots are full to make sure that some of us survive for round 2. As for so few attacking at first, war range prevents attacking whoever you want and when your guys had dropped into range for most of our member they were already beaten, again this is the result of game mechanics.

I wonder if this is all just a smoke screen to justify attacking us in the next round instead of taking on VE, afterall, it is a lot easier to fight against an alliance that you are far stronger than.

Sheepy's reason for vacation mode;

This is a very, very long awaited feature.

I'm happy to announce Vacation Mode! No more need for nation sitting, if you're going to be gone you can simply enable Vacation Mode and your nation will be frozen for a duration of time of your choosing. Vacation Mode is not a "peace mode" and it is not intended to function as one. To use Vacation Mode, you must enter in the length of your absence in days, with a minimum of 14 days to use it.

The Vacation Mode page is available here, or via the Edit Nation page.

What is disabled when your nation is in Vacation Mode?

• All forms of war. If you're in a war and jump into Vacation Mode, you will be unable to retaliate in battles.
  • War Declaration. You cannot declare war on or be declared on while in Vacation Mode.
  • Espionage. You cannot spy on people, nor can they spy on you.
  • Turn Revenue. You will not pay any bills or receive any money at turn updates.
  • Trading. You will be unable to create or accept any trade offers while in Vacation Mode. Any open offers made before going into Vacation Mode will be unacceptable by other players.
  • Bank Activity. You are unable to use alliance banks.
  • Alliance Score. Your nation will not count towards your alliance's composite score until it is out of vacation mode.
  • Nation Searching. You won't be able to find nations in Vacation Mode by doing searches (if you have the link to them, they're still accessible).

This should be a big convenience to our players who are gone for extending periods of time for whatever reason.

I do not think that this is going to be abused and used as a "peace mode" feature, but should that become the new meta there will be changes so that it doesn't happen. This game does not have a "peace mode" nor will it, and this won't become any sort of "peace mode".

Thanks, and enjoy the update!

​

• Upvote 2

When Sheepy created vacation mode he never intended it to be used as a way to avoid being attacked. NAC has by there own acknowledgement stated that they did indeed go on vacation mode to save there members. This is a direct violation of the game. The fact that they even admit to abusing the vacation mode is just more proof. Anyone that agrees with NAC should read what Sheepy intended vacation mode to used for. I have posted NAC's message of guilt and Sheepy's intent for vacation mode

.post_offline.pngMutwa

Posted Today, 02:33 AM
Mutwa

• photo-2047.jpg?_r=1433222020
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 51 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg
  • Leader Name:Mutwa
  • Nation Name:Valheru
  • Nation Link:Click Here
  • Alliance Name:North American Confederacy

I am sorry that Guardian feels a few extra attackers from what is basically a micro alliance was unfair. You were already outnumbered and the few extra number we were able to add made little to no difference. As a small alliance we were always going to get pummeled in this war.

We planned our tactics to be able to stick around as long as possible and do as much damage as possible, and yes, that means some nations going into vacation mode before their slots are full to make sure that some of us survive for round 2. As for so few attacking at first, war range prevents attacking whoever you want and when your guys had dropped into range for most of our member they were already beaten, again this is the result of game mechanics.

I wonder if this is all just a smoke screen to justify attacking us in the next round instead of taking on VE, afterall, it is a lot easier to fight against an alliance that you are far stronger than.

<snip>

So basically you have no real intelligent answer to the man's point, you just copy and paste material everyone has already read.  Worse, you and your buddies are going on and on about something that qualifies at best as something of a player faux pas, but also one that doesn't even begin to touch what your side did in order to try to gain an advantage in this war, by hacking the &#33;@#&#036;ing server.

Oh but hey, I'm sure you were in no way responsible for it, no worries.  That would require a level of intelligence and knowledge that eludes you.  In public and your private messages to me you come across as a petulant child.  "DDURRRRRRR...I play head games!!111!!"  Just Pathetic.

So basically you have no real intelligent answer to the man's point, you just copy and paste material everyone has already read.  Worse, you and your buddies are going on and on about something that qualifies at best as something of a player faux pas, but also one that doesn't even begin to touch what your side did in order to try to gain an advantage in this war, by hacking the !@#$ server.

Oh but hey, I'm sure you were in no way responsible for it, no worries.  That would require a level of intelligence and knowledge that eludes you.  In public and your private messages to me you come across as a petulant child.  "DDURRRRRRR...I play head games!!111!!"  Just Pathetic.

That is quite the accusation. That plus the vacation mode hiding, I wonder why anyone would be your ally now. 

1. If everybody has read it why are you and your alliance using vacation as peace mode. Either you were ignorant of that post from sheepy (which would justify the need to quote it); or you blatantly disregarded it (which is far from a faux pas).

Either way chill out

2. The previous war had terradoxia fighting aligned to your sphere. From posts in this thread from ve leadership you and your alliance were upset you were not part of the last war. It is confirmed teradoxia was cheating in money and resources during this time. If I were to follow your logic and transitive property of guilt you are just as a"guilty" as us. It's also classic Argumentum ad hominem.

Don't get mad at us that you are hiding from this war and now look bad

• Upvote 3

So basically you have no real intelligent answer to the man's point, you just copy and paste material everyone has already read.  Worse, you and your buddies are going on and on about something that qualifies at best as something of a player faux pas, but also one that doesn't even begin to touch what your side did in order to try to gain an advantage in this war, by hacking the !@#$ server.

Please tell me this is some weird form of sarcasm that is going over my head. I cannot fathom that anyone would actually type those words.

1. If everybody has read it why are you and your alliance using vacation as peace mode. Either you were ignorant of that post from sheepy (which would justify the need to quote it); or you blatantly disregarded it (which is far from a faux pas).

Either way chill out

2. The previous war had terradoxia fighting aligned to your sphere. From posts in this thread from ve leadership you and your alliance were upset you were not part of the last war. It is confirmed teradoxia was cheating in money and resources during this time. If I were to follow your logic and transitive property of guilt you are just as a"guilty" as us. It's also classic Argumentum ad hominem.

Don't get mad at us that you are hiding from this war and now look bad

1. As I explained to you about my own situation and others have tried to explain to you here, many of us had legitimate OOC stuff going on in the time frame of the VM.  Ultimately whether or not people went into VM or not was an individual choice, not the choice of the alliance, nor should it ever be.  As it turns out now, because of the reset, there will be people who will be going back into VM, again because of OOC stuff, but some of us now may decide to rethink the decision.  Again, it's an individual choice, but I have advised everyone at NAC that they should not use VM unless absolutely necessary.  As Sheepy also said, "fortunately, you'll have a 2nd chance at things, so see if you can improve your performance from previously."

I'm not trying to score political points here (and clearly I'm not, nor expected to do so), your friend is, in a war that is supposed to be wrapping up in the coming days.  A war tainted by scandal.  Given the circumstances, it's best that EVERYONE drop all discussion of things that happened between August 27th and when Orbis was taken off line and move on.

2.  Do you think that VE or NAC is proud of being associated with the previous scandal?  No.  Cheating taints everyone and everything associated with it, whether they actually had a role in it or not.   It is not any sort of logical fallacy, it's just reality.  As for "hiding", as I recall, you weren't even in range anymore, neither was anyone else in your alliance with a nuke.  Not that it matters, if I have to carry on using a smart phone and a carrier pigeon there will be no VM for me going forward, I tire of being lectured by people regarding "courage".

1. As I explained to you about my own situation and others have tried to explain to you here, many of us had legitimate OOC stuff going on in the time frame of the VM.  Ultimately whether or not people went into VM or not was an individual choice, not the choice of the alliance, nor should it ever be.  As it turns out now, because of the reset, there will be people who will be going back into VM, again because of OOC stuff, but some of us now may decide to rethink the decision.  Again, it's an individual choice, but I have advised everyone at NAC that they should not use VM unless absolutely necessary.  As Sheepy also said, "fortunately, you'll have a 2nd chance at things, so see if you can improve your performance from previously."

I'm not trying to score political points here (and clearly I'm not, nor expected to do so), your friend is, in a war that is supposed to be wrapping up in the coming days.  A war tainted by scandal.  Given the circumstances, it's best that EVERYONE drop all discussion of things that happened between August 27th and when Orbis was taken off line and move on.

2.  Do you think that VE or NAC is proud of being associated with the previous scandal?  No.  Cheating taints everyone and everything associated with it, whether they actually had a role in it or not.   It is not any sort of logical fallacy, it's just reality.  As for "hiding", as I recall, you weren't even in range anymore, neither was anyone else in your alliance with a nuke.  Not that it matters, if I have to carry on using a smart phone and a carrier pigeon there will be no VM for me going forward, I tire of being lectured by people regarding "courage".

1. No where in this thread did anyone say they had legitimate OOC stuff going on, in fact the 2 times NAC addressed the use of vacation mode this is what they had to say:

The reason for Vacation mode is 2 fold. First look at the attacks NAC received after we attacked Mensa HQ. Attacking Mensa HQ in defense of VE by a Micro alliance hmmm yup that is the act of a cowardly alliance. The first reason for vacation mode was Mensa HQ was going to counter our upper tier after we got off beige. No sense in being reduced to 0 military in less than 6 hours by Mensa HQ. That is a waste of resources and infra for no benefit. The second reason  our upper tier went into Vacation mode is lack of resources. By our upper tier putting all their resources in the bank before going into vacation mode it allows our lower tier to continue the fight.

tl;dr you're wrong, you're lying, or both.

2. You threw around the very serious accusation of Guardian or its allies cheating and now you claim cheating taints everyone whether they are involved or not?

You continue to impress me with your ineptitude.

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 2

2. As for "hiding", as I recall, you weren't even in range anymore, neither was anyone else in your alliance with a nuke. ".

This must have been when you were in one of your mini vacations between posts in this thread but I had bought back enough infra and nukes I would have been able to declare on you today. At least have the score to. I would need to wait another few days for the timer to reset. More firepower to boost my score.

At least you made it clear that you decided as an individual that you value your infra and nation score more than the others in the alliance you lead when you went to vacation mode. For a minute I thought it was actually a planned alliance initiative when mutwa said (and I'm paraphrasing) "we planned our attacks to be as effective as possible, and yes that includes some nations going to vacation mode so they can get past round 2"

Glad you cleared that up for us....

Edited by seabasstion