Remove Game suggestion area

Rozalia

He makes the decisions based on suggestions and ideas made by this group. It is no different than the normal suggestion forums, other than there is more thought out, well presented responses and less "you should do this bc it's cool" nonsense you get if you walk into the other areas.

Going by this, other posts, and comments I've read on IRC it seems quite clear that Sheepy already has a radiant group of people who make the real suggestions to be considered. As such to make the game more dynamic in how it is developed and cut forum waste how about we do away with the game suggestion area here?

• Upvote 3

I think the worst is over so no need to be dramatic, sabotaging the spy system is about as much damage as Sheepy can do to the war system and the rest of the game in my opinion.

We can coexist and put the past in the past.

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

From Sheepy, himself, for reference:

This is not meant to replace the suggestions forum, only to streamline the development and addition of new features to the game, as well as giving me a source of high quality feedback to suggestions and changes.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Many ideas discussed in the dev suggestion area are taken from the general suggestion area and fleshed out more there.

The purpose of the closed development subforum is so Sheepy can get REAL feedback on ideas he wants to implement, and NOT have to wade through giant piles of unproductive posts. It exists to clear out some of the noise to have a readable and followable conversation with good input. The fact you have spent this and the other entire thread complaining about the dev group is exactly why it exists.

But surely you agree there is far too much "noise" in here for it to be of any use. We're all idiots too lets not forget so what could our suggestions be worth? I've been told 0, in fact I've also been told I'm making a good case for it's removal right now by suggesting it. 

From Sheepy, himself, for reference:

And when Sheepy says "we've" he is mistaken. How do I know the "not" is in fact a mistake on his part?

To be fair all suggestions and implemented game mechanics.Should be in the game before it goes live.Of course have updates for new projects or weapons but not capping of units that have no positive impact on the game and if you have changes then its done by a contracted team of devs who work for Sheepy and not the loudest voices on the forum.

<Phiney> brilliant, thanks for that

<Estelle> Well you've already decided that our opinion doesn't matter because you are of much higher quality than us, so what difference does it make?

<Phiney> have I

<Phiney> show me where I said that

<Rozalia> Come on Phiney really now?

<Phiney> ?

<Estelle> right here bb http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7323-incoming-spy-changes/page-7#entry118430

<Rozalia> You said it clear as day

<Estelle> i used your own words

<Phiney> ?

<Rozalia> You're not alone in that either of course

<Phiney> what

<Phiney> where

<Rozalia> Oh boy

<Phiney> there is some real misinterpreting going on here

<Estelle> LOL

<Rozalia> ^

<Phiney> Sheepy made a dev group specifically to advise him on things

<Phiney> so he could get quote "quality discussion"

<Phiney> I am not deciding anything

<Estelle> Right, right, and you let it get to your head.

<Estelle> It's pretty obvious

<Phiney> hahahaha

<Phiney> yeah

<Phiney> sure

<Rozalia> I know I shouldnt be getting into a numbers fight, as really the numbers make absolutely no difference, as its the value of the people advising that matters to sheepy I presume, but I count 10 in favour on the dev forum, and a few here too.

<Phiney> yes this is what I said

<Phiney> and this is a direct sheepy quote

<Phiney>  as well as giving me a source of high quality feedback to suggestions and changes.

<Phiney> if sheepy wanted to do a poll on numbers for every change

<Phiney> he would do

<Phiney> im not saying I am better than anyone else

<Estelle> That's exactly what you're saying

<Phiney> im saying sheepy values quality over quantity

<Estelle> you didn't even say anything about the quality of posts or the quality of ideas

<Estelle> you said the quality of PEOPLE

<Henri> Phiney

<Henri> If I agree with Estelle

<Estelle> Well, value

<Henri> You know you're wrong.

<Phiney> PEOPLE he picked because of the quality of their posts

<Phiney> jesus christ

*** Codonian[uS] has quit (Ping timeout)

<Rozalia> So why waste our time Phiney with this talk of you not saying your posts are much more high quality?

<Phiney> I'm sorry I was providing useful suggestion to the community

<Phiney> is that better?

<Rozalia> You say it, then deny it, then admit to it. Which is it?

<Rozalia> No you can have your opinion

<Eumirbago> join The Syndicate

<Phiney> you guys are hilarious

<Rampage> Omg

<Rozalia> It is when you talk of your opinion being worth so much more that there is a problem

<Rampage> Are you guys still arguing like 4 hours later

<Phiney> Estelle> Well you've already decided that our opinion doesn't matter

<Phiney> completely fabricated

<Phiney> yeah what the !@#$ am I doing awake

<Rampage> Phiney go sleep

<Phiney> I will, chow

<Rampage> You're arguing with Kadin

<Rampage> Bruh cmon

<Phiney> fair

<Rozalia> And we're back to denying it.

*** Phiney has quit (Quit: Leaving)

<Estelle> huh

<Estelle> So apparently the fact that I am who I am makes a difference when it comes to the validity of my arguments.

<Rampage> Yes

<Rampage> Absolutely

<Rampage> You're Kadim

<Rampage> Kadin*

<Rozalia> The irony.

The above is quite right. If you already have the high quality posting of such fine individuals why would the low quality posting from us imbeciles be necessary? It wouldn't so if the enlightened minds of fellows such as Phiney are in agreement then I think this proposal needs to be carried out.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the Dev group, funny, the people supporting this seem to be mostly them:

Adama Ahmad alMansur Aisha Greyjoy Ashland Atzuya Belisarius Caecus Don Juan ELPINCHAZO Filthy Fifths Goldie Grealind Grillick Jodo Keegoz Kurdanak last187 Lyrositor Magicboyd25 Michael Malone Mortimer MrHiott Oblige Ogaden Partisan Pax Phiney Placentica Prefontaine Princess Bubblegum Pubstomper RagnarBuliwyf Rampage Reagan SAI-40 Samwise Sir Topham Hatt Sweeeeet Ronny D The Speaker Tim Armstrong TheNG underlordgc Vlad the Implier WISD0MTREE

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

You guys crack me up.

I will say I am a member of the closed group, and honestly I had no idea it was a closed group until a month ago when I was talking to a few members of VE gov about some proposed nuke changes, and I linked them the thread and they couldn't access it.  (I browse the forums using the new post button, and not the threads)  You know what happened next?  Was it general outrage? no it wasn't, it was one of them asking how they could join the group.  Now he is a member of the group and he makes good suggestions and adds to the overall quality of the group.

Now lets look at some of your responses today, many of you ignorantly accuse us of being biased, so do you ask around and see if you can join so you can make a difference?  Or have you spent today making passive aggressive, and outright aggressive comments, &#33;@#&#036;ing about what is going on.

Also if you guys remember the last time Sheepy made a change to the game that he thought was good without talking about it to anyone, people flipped out. (I forget what it was, but it was quickly changed back)  So now he puts a group of people together to talk about changes to the game, and you guys still flip out. 

• Upvote 5

You guys crack me up.

I will say I am a member of the closed group, and honestly I had no idea it was a closed group until a month ago when I was talking to a few members of VE gov about some proposed nuke changes, and I linked them the thread and they couldn't access it. (I browse the forums using the new post button, and not the threads) You know what happened next? Was it general outrage? no it wasn't, it was one of them asking how they could join the group. Now he is a member of the group and he makes good suggestions and adds to the overall quality of the group.

Now lets look at some of your responses today, many of you ignorantly accuse us of being biased, so do you ask around and see if you can join so you can make a difference? Or have you spent today making passive aggressive, and outright aggressive comments, !@#$ing about what is going on.

Also if you guys remember the last time Sheepy made a change to the game that he thought was good without talking about it to anyone, people flipped out. (I forget what it was, but it was quickly changed back) So now he puts a group of people together to talk about changes to the game, and you guys still flip out.

People like to flip out. Its human nature :s

PoJQyFJ.gif

May I suggest a more political approach to the dev group?

Sheepy/the devs knock around their ideas, hammer out what they deem to be reasonable changes, then present the change to the masses. The masses have exactly 48 hours to respond, after which that thread is locked, the devs and sheepy again discuss anything they agree or disagree with from the masses, and then Sheepy makes his final decision. PMs can be used after the 48 hours if clarification is needed. Nobody is blindsided by upcoming changes and they get a chance to say their piece before final decisions are made. And, of course, Sheepy has the right to ignore everything said and implement whatever he wants, but this way still provides some warning. The devs get to have their focused discussions and the masses get some say. It's the best compromise I see (not that one was asked for), and we can keep these suggestion boards open.

Anyway, my .02

Going by this, other posts, and comments I've read on IRC it seems quite clear that Sheepy already has a radiant group of people who make the real suggestions to be considered. As such to make the game more dynamic in how it is developed and cut forum waste how about we do away with the game suggestion area here?

You and a few others have made a great case to support that today,seriously.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

For the record, I do browse through and use the Game Suggestions forum. There are lots of small changes that get made regularly that come from here. I don't see any reason to remove this forum.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link