Hall of Fame and Infamy: The Things We've Done Are Amazing

Lu Xun

I mentioned in a recent post how VE had managed to avoid defeat in this war by what were equivalent to chess brilliancies, in that while the treaty web looked as though they would have gotten crushed, missteps by the opposing coalition and successful leveraging by the VE diplomatic team resulted in them totally turning the tables on the attackers.

This thread is for two major things; it's a way to list remarkable brilliancies that players have pulled off in this game, whether in terms of in-game actions, like taking on 6 opponents and winning (Prefontaine), or through diplomatic exploits like in the recent war. At the same time, it's also a hall of infamy, a record of the worst decisions and most disappointing performances to date.

For procedure, this post will contain the Hall of Fame and the Hall of Infamy, while the other thread will contain active nominations. Each Hall of Fame winner will contain a brief blurb describing their exploits, as will each Hall of Infamy winner. The subsequent post will include nominations under review, and after a brief discussion by posters on this thread the nomination will either be included or rejected. Any poster is free to make a nomination, but I will take responsibility for its review and acceptance.

Hall of Fame:

Nothing!

Hall of Infamy:

Nothing!

Active Nominations:

VE Diplomatic team for turning SK / Guardian / Mensa HQ's attack into a travesty. It took a lot of missteps from SK / Guard / Mensa to make it possible, but VE was successfully able to maneuver other alliances into perceiving the attack as a major violation, then lead a coalition to stomp SK / Guardian / Mensa. While I do have issues with the way they handled peace negotiations, they were successfully able to not only extract reps from the opposing coalition, but they were also able to make it so that the opposing coalition, while united on the attack, was divided in defense, meaning that the members of the opposing coalition left sequentially, instead of simultaneously, as one might expect for a grouping of only 3 alliances, and what was, up to then, some of the best alliances in the game.

Hence, VE's jujitsu in late May is nominated for entrance to the Hall of Fame, and is put for your consideration.

please just stop...

This... is a good thread. It performs a vital function to this community. The problem with it is not the thread itself but the poster; I am of such low repute in the community that I can leak the opsec of all the major alliances combined and that will still be discredited.

In any case, the incident that occurred is way too recent to nominate, tbh, and perhaps in a year's time I will have stature to properly operate such a hall of fame. Or perhaps someone else will create a similar thread to take this thread's place. Either way, no biggy.

What vital function does it provide,  fame and infamy are subjective.  One man's hero is another man's douchebag.

You may not like the thread, but you don't have to be a dick for no reason. You actually contribute less of value than inst does which is kind of sad.
  • Upvote 1

You may not like the thread, but you don't have to be a !@#$ for no reason. You actually contribute less of value than inst does which is kind of sad.

I wouldn't say that's "sad" given the quality of 'contributions' you're basing this off of.

• Downvote 1

You may not like the thread, but you don't have to be a !@#$ for no reason. You actually contribute less of value than inst does which is kind of sad.

What's this? Estelle posting in a thread that has nothing to do with Guard... wait it did mention Guardian. Carry on.

• Upvote 5

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

You may not like my post, but you don't have to a !@#$ for no reason.  You actually contribute less of value than inst does which is sad.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

The Syndicate is more than willing to invest in proper documentation of the history of Orbis. We believe that $yndicate involvement in such a venture would be profitable for us everyone, as history must be revised in our favor objectively documented. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

What vital function does it provide,  fame and infamy are subjective.  One man's hero is another man's douchebag.

Wrong, excellence is objective. For example, I may dislike Prefontaine, but I respect his achievements in the field of nation-building, war-fighting, and to some degree alliance leadership. At the same time, I think VE's recent exploit is too honestly recent to vote on, but if we come back and talk about it one year later when tempers have calmed down, will people be impressed by how well things went from a deceptively low base?

For infamy, did SK, Guard, and Mensa screw up with this war, or are you going out to put on a tinfoil hat and claim that VE mind-controlled SK and Guard into it? Was Kastor the least popular person in the forums when he left, or was it someone else?

I mean, feel free to nominate me for most annoying shitposter on the forum and mass vote it in. I'll be objective, and if your arguments are sound, I'll elect myself to the Hall of Infamy.

Nominate me for not firing a single missile during the whole war. This prove that I'm a totally good guy.

Edited by Markides

Z98SzIG.png

This.

Don't like a thread? Don't !@#$ing comment on it. Not hard to do. The attitude of being a random dick to people has got to stop.

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Pol Pot and Ford1972. Not sure; Pol Pot wasn't that stupid in that he managed to find a game-breaker, but he was utterly incompetent at hiding its existence. IMO it's something between the fame / infamy thing, is that it was a decent achievement getting infinite money, and infamous because he got caught at banned. Ford1972... well, I think if we look back on it 1 year later it'll be too political to honestly deserve an infamy nomination, because he had a passable excuse.

UPN was going to help VE regardless of what happened. I'd argue that this war was won by VE simply due to Guardian Spheres sheer incompetence and asshattery. SK literally !@#$ed themselves over and VE just sat there and went, "Hey, those guys are pretty shit." And everyone agreed.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Pol Pot and Ford1972. Not sure; Pol Pot wasn't that stupid in that he managed to find a game-breaker, but he was utterly incompetent at hiding its existence. IMO it's something between the fame / infamy thing, is that it was a decent achievement getting infinite money, and infamous because he got caught at banned. Ford1972... well, I think if we look back on it 1 year later it'll be too political to honestly deserve an infamy nomination, because he had a passable excuse.

There's also Ronald Reagan, though he's more of an annoyance than an infamous player.

Z98SzIG.png

This... is a good thread. It performs a vital function to this community. The problem with it is not the thread itself but the poster; I am of such low repute in the community that I can leak the opsec of all the major alliances combined and that will still be discredited.

In any case, the incident that occurred is way too recent to nominate, tbh, and perhaps in a year's time I will have stature to properly operate such a hall of fame. Or perhaps someone else will create a similar thread to take this thread's place. Either way, no biggy.

Its a bj thread and a poor one at that.  Its not remotely vital and attributing backlash to your "repute in the community" is missing the point.

I nominate inst in the 3rd category of least score change, aka, neither gaining or losing score during the war. He wins because he changed a total 0 strength by staying at 0.5 score at the beginning and staying that amount throught the entirety of the war. In fact, he didn't lose any score through his whole existence in game! Someone get this guy a medal.

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

You heard it here folks, he's going for another year

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Two things: first, you're directly wrong because I am not .5 score, I am 0.0 score. It takes an active act of will to get there, and it implies a real score loss which is greater than all the players who roll and delete. Second, actually reread your highlighted text, and think about its literal and implied definition.

As to whether I'll be playing with you jokers in a year, the statement I made cannot be taken to imply either the affirmative or the negative.

I like this thread, it should be entertaining.

For you people who don't like it and don't see the point in it, I'm going to quote myself:

You know, no one's forcing anyone to read this, it seems to me you're all causing your own annoyance. It's almost like some kind of web based self-harm.

Seriously, the "mark forum as read" button is there for a reason :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

oh God

Actually, I've changed my mind. I'll pop my head here as long as you're here, Harminator, because I'm an angel sent by God specifically to harass you to death. If my presence can annoy you, He's satisfied, so you better be annoyed or risk divine retribution.