5/1/2015 - Big Credit Changes

Alex

• Administrators

Hi guys! I've been working long and hard this evening to bring you this update.

First, I'd like to unveil the new Donation page: https://politicsandwar.com/donate/

It's important to note that you can now buy VIP Subscriptions in-game, as well as get nation flags, alliance flags, alliance pips, and national anthems (must be VIP) through the donation page. No more pesky manual messages to me, use the form and streamline the process for everyone involved. These things still have to be manually processed, but it'll be a little easier for me to do, now, and easier for you guys to figure out how to do it.

Next, there's been a limit imposed on selling credits on the market. The 6 credit monthly limit that applies to nation bonuses now applies to selling credits on the market as well. So you can use up to 6 credits to get the nation bonus, sell on the market, or some combination of both. This should end the pay-to-win scenario caused by people selling hundreds of credits on the market.

That's the basics, here's a bulleted list of changes.

• Forms have been added to the Donation page for Custom Flags, Alliance Pips, and Requesting a National Anthem (must be a VIP Member)
  • A VIP Badge has been added to the nation page of VIP nations
  • VIP Subscriptions are now purchased in-game. One credit will purchase 30 days of VIP status
  • VIP Status now lets you display your forum avatar on your nation page in-game, have a national anthem, and gets you a VIP badge along with the forum and IRC benefits
  • An autoplay setting has been added to the account page to allow you to disable the autoplaying of national anthems
  • You can now only sell a maximum of 6 credits on the market per month

Thanks! I'm sure there will be some controversy over the cap on credit sales, but I believe it's a better solution than limiting the amount of credits that can be sold. First of all, the delay between PayPal receiving your transaction and your credits being added in-game can be up to 10 minutes, so a quick player could double purchase before the cap could effectively be enforced. Second, limiting credits purchaseable through PayPal would effectively limit the cosmetic bonuses you can get for your nation. Thirdly, if you're looking to profit through selling credits, you'll in all likelihood still make more money selling them on the market than you would by redeeming them for the $750K nation bonus.

All-in-all, this may be a big cut to the bottom line of the game, but I'm willing to take the hit to make sure that we don't have a pay-to-win system. I want to see this community grow and prosper, and not die out due to some players paying massive amounts of money to dominate the other players. Please understand where I'm coming from, and that I really do believe I've got your best interests in mind.

Thanks.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So the only pay to win avenue is using friends as mules? Pre-credit status quo.

It's an improvement, at least.

• Upvote 1

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

• Administrators

So the only pay to win avenue is using friends as mules? Pre-credit status quo.

It's an improvement, at least.

As we discussed in IRC, creating multiple accounts to get cash from credits is multi abuse and a bannable offense.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

As we discussed in IRC, creating multiple accounts to get cash from credits is multi abuse and a bannable offense.

That's why I said friends, silly Sheep.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I'm cool with this.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Hate the moment at which this came (since I've just started playing) but it's a very good update and awesome stuff with cosmetic changes. Sheepy continues to do the best for this game. B)

Oh and BTW, having friends is great. It helps if you don't use them as domestic animals. They kinda appreciate being respected and treated as human beings. It's a silly concept but it works. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ryu
  • Upvote 1

Totally fine with this. Now I have to worry about which nation page I'm going to. Because those anthems they pick are gonna be silly I know it. I know about turning the autoplay off, but where's the fun in that.

Edited by Hooves

Should lower the price of credits if all they are used for is cosmetic stuff, $12 for a name change seems excessive to me considering I'd then need another 8 credits to fully 'customise' my account!

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Thank god for the ability to turn of anthem autoplay. My ears (and bandwidth) are now safe from those damned audio rapes.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Should lower the price of credits if all they are used for is cosmetic stuff, $12 for a name change seems excessive to me considering I'd then need another 8 credits to fully 'customise' my account!

I think the first name change (and/or country name and location) is free and you get the anthem by buying VIP status for 1 credit a month? Custom flag is 2 credits. Other stuff is not too interesting. That's 3 credits in total the first month and 1 credit every next month.

Can credits purchased before the limit was imposed be exempted from the new rule? Since they were purchased under the assumption they could be freely redeemed, and with the rule in place they might not have been purchased... 

[applaud]

Thanks for making this change, Sheepy.  Clarify that we can still purchase creds from the market and use them for VIP access, will you?

Priest of Dio

Next, there's been a limit imposed on selling credits on the market. The 6 credit monthly limit that applies to nation bonuses now applies to selling credits on the market as well. So you can use up to 6 credits to get the nation bonus, sell on the market, or some combination of both. This should end the pay-to-win scenario caused by people selling hundreds of credits on the market.

It's nice, I like the change, but it really sucks to wake up to see a new update and see that you already used/redeemed 4 credits for the month because you went to bed with credits on the trade market. A little notice on changes like this would be nice, rather than an 'oh, by the way' since it gives real advantages to those up, awake, and logged into the game when the updates are changed. 

Some observations from this morning:

If you redeem credits as a nation bonus for another nation, it counts towards the cap for your own nation and not theirs.

If you buy credits and enter the nation name of another nation, you get the credits and that nation does not.

If you redeem credits as a nation bonus for another nation, it counts towards the cap for your own nation and not theirs.

If this is true then there is a cap per player.  So this may be a decent update.

-signature removed for rules violation-

[applaud]

Thanks for making this change, Sheepy. Clarify that we can still purchase creds from the market and use them for VIP access, will you?

He clarified on IRC last night that this would be possible still.
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

VIP Status is only 1 credit per month, and you get a free name change when you create your account.

Sweet, my previously bought VIP status doesn't transfer ingame!

Thanks Sheepy!

Ah, I must've glossed over you. My apologies.

what happens if i buy vip status and then lose it? for a day? for several months?

You just lose the benefits of VIP status, the badge, the anthem, the portrait, the forum pip, and access to the VIP lounge.

[applaud]

Thanks for making this change, Sheepy.  Clarify that we can still purchase creds from the market and use them for VIP access, will you?

Yes, you can still buy as many credits from the market as you'd like.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic