Guardian Military Action

Prefontaine

If you want military practice at the expense of an alliance that as far as I know is minding thier own business, you do it at the expense of taking a PR hit.  To be surprised when people dont endlessly hail you, and actually dissapprove of your actions is silly.  And why wouldnt they be upset? what stops you from hitting them next?  There is literally not a single alliance that can stop you and TEst if you wanted to conduct military practice on them.

Actually having relations with Guardian is probably a good way to prevent it from happening.

I mean CU really had this coming, they burnt their bridges with Rose who considered them an ally and made a piss poor effort to ever try and fix that relation after Cyradis. There is a reason why you shouldn't burn your bridges and this highlights why, you become easy pickings.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

That's a !@#$ CB. SI is barely active in politics, GPA is not active in politics, seen anything from SK lately? Or how about Mesa?

I can understand TEst picking on them, they do that, but I'd honestly expect more dignity from Guardian.

But whatever. Have fun with your baseless curb stomp.

give them credit... we were pretty active on these forums up until they sucker-punched us and shitposted non-stop for like two weeks straight

If you want military practice at the expense of an alliance that as far as I know is minding thier own business, you do it at the expense of taking a PR hit.  To be surprised when people dont endlessly hail you, and actually dissapprove of your actions is silly.  And why wouldnt they be upset? what stops you from hitting them next?  There is literally not a single alliance that can stop you and TEst if you wanted to conduct military practice on them.

We knew we'd take a PR hit, it's no surprise to us. You also said it yourself: "A single alliance". The entire point of this is to show people that if you want to burn your bridges and not be active in politics that's fine, but just know that you're hurting yourself. Get out their, make friends, do something. People gripe about the lack of politics, and the reason politics are lacking is because people don't feel the need to get political.

uHQTKq6.png

hey we just took a bunch of !@#$ for signing a treaty today, so i guess screwed if you do, and screwed if you dont.

But like I said earlier, who made you guys the world police? Granted might makes right, but dont expect people to be happy about you expressing it.  You know, besides your allies, and the people that want to be your allies.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

i didnt know an alliance choosing not to get involved in politics was such a big deal, plus why do you care what they do politially?

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Just taking a gander at your nations, it seems that that's not true.  If you actually sat down and militarized your members, VE could go toe to toe with Guardian and TEst.  You'd need to make sure your upper tier wasn't blockaded so they could get aidbombed by your lower tiers.  But you could almost definitely win a war of attrition.

As for SK, which would obviously rear its ugly head, I think your militia allies, when combined, could give them a run for their money at least.

They'd definitely outnumber them.  They could probably fill almost all their slots with each person taking just one target.

FURTHER EDIT:  Also, numbers matter most in the spy war, and numbers are your advantage.  With a cursory glance it SEEMS like a lot of your members have decent spies.  You need what you have plus a couple more in the 50 range and then maybe a couple in the 70 range and, with a surprise, you could win the spy war pretty damn quickly.

I doubt any other sphere could go toe to toe with Guardian/TEst/SK, simply because no sphere is so large, but yours definitely could.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Guardian and Test would murder VE in a war, the only way we would have a real shot to do damage is if we dragged the war out for a month or two, and slowly dragged down upper tier Guardian and Test nations one at a time and ground them down into our middle tier where we would have a numbers advantage, but even then, they would have the city advantage and most likely the resource advantage since thier nations on average are much older than VEs.

You talk about all the wars we havent fought, I would think you would be smarter than that with all your vast war experience.

Guardian and Test would murder VE in a war, the only way we would have a real shot to do damage is if we dragged the war out for a month or two, and slowly dragged down upper tier Guardian and Test nations one at a time and ground them down into our middle tier where we would have a numbers advantage, but even then, they would have the city advantage and most likely the resource advantage since thier nations on average are much older than VEs.

You talk about all the wars we havent fought, I would think you would be smarter than that with all your vast war experience.

What are you talking about? VE won wars left and right, didn't they? Lol.

You're the largest bloc in the game.  You have literally twice as many players under your auspices and, given the high activity levels of TEst and Guardian, maybe 1.5 times as many ACTIVE players and perhaps just the same number of IRC active players.

If you do not think you have what it takes now, you never will.  How many more allies do you need?  How many more members do you need?  How many more alliance treasuries do you need to inherit?  It baffles me.  It absolutely baffles me that you can simultaneously have so much confidence and so little.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TEst and Guardian are not invincible giants. I founded both. They have weak points.

That said, good luck.

How many alliances do you need to found before you say "Yeah, I've founded enough alliances."?

aUel2fG.png

Just taking a gander at your nations, it seems that that's not true.  If you actually sat down and militarized your members, VE could go toe to toe with Guardian and TEst.  You'd need to make sure your upper tier wasn't blockaded so they could get aidbombed by your lower tiers.  But you could almost definitely win a war of attrition.

As for SK, which would obviously rear its ugly head, I think your militia allies, when combined, could give them a run for their money at least.

They'd definitely outnumber them.  They could probably fill almost all their slots with each person taking just one target.

FURTHER EDIT:  Also, numbers matter most in the spy war, and numbers are your advantage.  With a cursory glance it SEEMS like a lot of your members have decent spies.  You need what you have plus a couple more in the 50 range and then maybe a couple in the 70 range and, with a surprise, you could win the spy war pretty damn quickly.

I doubt any other sphere could go toe to toe with Guardian/TEst/SK, simply because no sphere is so large, but yours definitely could.

Our head is only unattractive because we let Cody do our hair. That was a low blow Ashland.

I think VE would do pretty well, but they'd need a little time to shift from econ to military mode. I obviously don't know, but I suspect their WC and cash on hand are comparatively low given their understandable focus on growth, being a newer alliance.

wF9Bjre.gif

From founding alliances or from P&W?

Alliances. As much as some groups may enjoy me retiring from Orbis, it won't happen for a good while. I'm enjoying my time here too much.
  • Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

That's a !@#$ CB. SI is barely active in politics, GPA is not active in politics, seen anything from SK lately? Or how about Mesa?

I can understand TEst picking on them, they do that, but I'd honestly expect more dignity from Guardian.

But whatever. Have fun with your baseless curb stomp.

Prefontaine's accusations about CU are baseless.

They have literally been one of the more interesting mid-sized alliances out there. And have done their fair share in making the game interesting. 

... going overkill on an alliance that has fairly recently come out of a war with a much bigger alliance(even if it was gov only), isn't good for the long term prospects of this game either imo. This will set them back a long way, and will only be counter-intuitive in the hope of getting them more engaged in the game.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Thank you for saying it's okay for this to happen to SI, but not CU. Also GPA, apparently we have to fight now, foxfire said it's okay.

He was just pointing out how nonsensical your argument is.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I think we're quite beautiful.  :wub:

TEst and Guardian are not invincible giants. I founded both. They have weak points.

One word: Shellhound. 

It's always fun to watch pixels blow up. God speed, Guardian. 

You should use missiles. 

I mean, I don't wanna say much, and I'm not going to condemn the fact that you're rolling CU, but the CB is just !@#$. Isolating means it makes you vulnerable? Yeah, no !@#$. And this teaches them a lesson? No, it only makes you look bad. That's like rolling Switzerland. You can roll anyone you want, even with no CB, and I wouldn't care. But attacking someone to teach them a lesson about politics? Who the hell are you, the PnW professor? Look, if you're gonna be an !@#$, or just want to war, just do what TEst did, declare with no CB. Don't try to fabricate some philosophical reason. At least then you won't have to run circles trying to make it seem ok.

TEst rolled, requested an ally's assistance and we obliged.

GAeAN0K.png

If this doesn't spawn a s**t storm to come, I don't know what will

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

TEst rolled, requested an ally's assistance and we obliged.

He's not asking why, he's questioning your poor choice of CB

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg