Guardian Military Action

Prefontaine

He's not asking why, he's questioning your poor choice of CB

We have plenty to choose from, everyone just decided to pick the most controversial one of the ones we listed. "Allies required help" "We want new guys to get experience" "Play the goddamn game" People picked the last one for obvious reasons. Everyone wants a shit storm.

uHQTKq6.png

CB is the reason for which an alliance rolls, i.e. why it rolls. So I told you why we rolled, at least from my perspective.

No, I mean his comment was rhetorical. He wasn't asking for an answer 

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

We have plenty to choose from, everyone just decided to pick the most controversial one of the ones we listed. "Allies required help" "We want new guys to get experience" "Play the !@#$ game" People picked the last one for obvious reasons. Everyone wants a !@#$ storm.

You forgot "They aren't playing the game the way we want them to"

• Upvote 1

420kekscope.jpg

CB is the reason for which an alliance rolls, i.e. why it rolls. So I told you why we rolled, at least from my perspective.

Your perspective doesn't matter though. The leader of your alliance made it clear that one of the biggest factors (albeit among others) for this is because you perceived them as an alliance which isn't engaging enough... and that whole argument just doesn't hold up.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Your perspective doesn't matter though. The leader of your alliance made it clear that one of the biggest factors (albeit among others) for this is because you perceived them as an alliance which isn't engaging enough... and that whole argument just doesn't hold up.

Your opinion doesn't matter though. A cb doesn't have to be valid in the eyes of the international community for it to be valid to the alliance using it. We used it, and we understand that you don't like it. Your complaint has been duly noted.

uHQTKq6.png

As far as I understand it, TEst was bored and wanted to attack raid those who were woefully unprepared. I admit it, the CU is not prepared for a fight. Our members are going to be screwed over, and there's not a damned thing we can do about it. We don't have allies, so we therefore were trying to not draw the ire of, well, anyone. Anyway fine, TEst wanted to raid us. They say, "Hey Guardian, you want in?" and Guardian is like, "Yeah, bros, we need to train our peeps so they can fight better." Is that the crux of it here? Eh, probably.

There are a few things I'd like to bring to everyone's attention.

1. We've been minding our own business, but I, like others, feel that we have contributed more than our fair share to the overall drama machines. Remember the whole bit of us accepting Cyradis?

2. I know several of my members have already been contemplating leaving this game. They weren't terribly active, but when stuff like this happens, it makes it all the easier to justify just walking away. Truth be told, I've been questioning why I'm here in Orbis, but that's for a different time and discussion.

3. I want to take a moment to address the notion that we did not attempt to repair or otherwise improve our relations with Rose. It took us weeks (yes, weeks) to get an embassy on their forums. Rob is our FA person and he was masked as a CU Diplomat, but no Embassy existed. I registered, applied, and was masked, and still no embassy existed even after I mentioned it. It took Cyradis actually hunting down Abbas I believe, for something to finally be done there. The last point of communication in our embassy was Rob confirming something. That happened a week and a half ago.

If Guardian wants to support their allies, that's fine. If Guardian wants to pick on smaller alliances and use them for target practice, that's fine too. At some point, sooner or later, they'll do the same thing here that they've done elsewhere. Orbis will become a relatively boring place, and everyone will just reminisce about the "golden months." By all means though, do whatever. I have no hope of fighting back so I'm just gonna spend my money and keep rebuilding so that when the five days of war are over (I believe someone mentioned it was only five) I'll maybe have something to return to.

• Upvote 3

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Your opinion doesn't matter though. A cb doesn't have to be valid in the eyes of the international community for it to be valid to the alliance using it. We used it, and we understand that you don't like it. Your complaint has been duly noted.

This is a discussion board. None of this shit matters.

My reference to House was about pointing out that his version of why Guardian entered, aren't in line with the post of your leader -- in the sense that it wasn't just about TEst requesting support, and I know who's words I will listen to.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

This is a discussion board. None of this !@#$ matters.

My reference to House was about pointing out that his version of why Guardian entered, aren't in line with the post of your leader -- in the sense that it wasn't just about TEst requesting support, and I know who's words I will listen to.

That the CB contained the bit where TEst requested its ally's support is enough. Sure, there are some additional parts to the CB, some or most of which you may disagree with, but even barring those, the request for support alone justifies the war.

GAeAN0K.png

3. I want to take a moment to address the notion that we did not attempt to repair or otherwise improve our relations with Rose. It took us weeks (yes, weeks) to get an embassy on their forums. Rob is our FA person and he was masked as a CU Diplomat, but no Embassy existed. I registered, applied, and was masked, and still no embassy existed even after I mentioned it. It took Cyradis actually hunting down Abbas I believe, for something to finally be done there. The last point of communication in our embassy was Rob confirming something. That happened a week and a half ago.

Rob never asked for an embassy just a mask. You then asked for an Embassy which we did make but a masking issue existed that you never really highlighted to us after we masked you. If you wanted relations with us it is up to you to talk to us, Rob not really asking questions or anything isn't our problem.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

That the CB contained the bit where TEst requested its ally's support is enough. Sure, there are some additional parts to the CB, some or most of which you may disagree with, but even barring those, the request for support alone justifies the war.

When your ally attacked them for shits and giggles? CU is probably going to contemplate disbanding, and you guys continue to pose as if you are doing this as a favour to the community and a move to increase engagement in the long term. Give me a break.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

This is a discussion board. None of this !@#$ matters.

One does not simply argue with Shellhound and win. All that matters is that Pre said some things, and people didnt like those things, hence the... 6 pages you have before you.

All you can do nao is be like Brian Hurlston and enjoy the show  :popcorn:

420kekscope.jpg

I'm sorry, I thought this was called Politics and War? Why play if you don't want to engage in any of those activities. TEst wanted targets for our members to test out their shiny new missiles and Arrgh and CU provided good targets because there weren't too many members in their ranks that could pile on our lower ranks (who most of us can't defend, even if we wanted to.) They also proved to be good targets that didn't offer many consequences in the way of retaliation via allies. You guys are looking way too far into this. This is why you don't walk down dark alleys without friends. You're bound to walk into a hoodlum looking for a fight. In this case, it's two hoodlums, each with a hand tied behind their back.

I'm sorry, I thought this was called Politics and War? Why play if you don't want to engage in any of those activities. TEst wanted targets for our members to test out their shiny new missiles and Arrgh and CU provided good targets because there weren't too many members in their ranks that could pile on our lower ranks (who most of us can't defend, even if we wanted to.) They also proved to be good targets that didn't offer many consequences in the way of retaliation via allies. You guys are looking way too far into this. This is why you don't walk down dark alleys without friends. You're bound to walk into a hoodlum looking for a fight. In this case, it's two hoodlums, each with a hand tied behind their back.

TEst also didn't imply they are doing this for the good of the community, and trying to get alliances to be more engaged like Guardian did. There was nowhere near enough butthurt for the TEst DoW on CU or Arrgh!

It's the !@#$ that gets people.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I mean, I don't wanna say much, and I'm not going to condemn the fact that you're rolling CU, but the CB is just !@#$. Isolating means it makes you vulnerable? Yeah, no !@#$. And this teaches them a lesson? No, it only makes you look bad. That's like rolling Switzerland. You can roll anyone you want, even with no CB, and I wouldn't care. But attacking someone to teach them a lesson about politics? Who the hell are you, the PnW professor? Look, if you're gonna be an !@#$, or just want to war, just do what TEst did, declare with no CB. Don't try to fabricate some philosophical reason. At least then you won't have to run circles trying to make it seem ok.

So my allies ask for some help, and I want to give my new members military experience is TOTAL COMPLETE FABRICATED REASONS TO GO TO WAR. Just because you swear doesn't make you right. Just because you using the Socratic method in your post doesn't make you clever. Everyone seems to be forgetting reason 1 and reason 2. Well you better ignore those reasons otherwise, well, you'd look like an idiot with what you just said. The third reason simply highlights that isolation makes you vulnerable. War would of happened with or without me stating that. Now I get to highlight that fact without creating a conflict that wasn't going to happen anyway. Run around in circles? I've been running in a straight line since I've gotten here. I've not wavered, I've not lied, I've meant what I've said, and said what I've meant. Sorry I've offended you SO horribly to in trying to highlight the dangers of rolling alone for so long in a war that was happening anyway. 

scSqPGJ.gif

What a !@#$ joke. Yeah, because attacking an alliance that barely has its !@#$ together is going to make them better. Sure, they might come out of this stronger, but chances are they probably won't. Making treaties is a two way street, maybe CU tried and no one wanted to ally? Is that something they can control? You want to make them better? Then why don't you actually help them grow, maybe pull them in as a mentor, give them some of your endless cash to help their in game growth, help them get allies if they are in such a position that they can't get their own. You know, something actually !@#$ productive for the community. What makes you think they're ready to get targeted by you, politically more than the pixels. And yeah, OKAY, TEst needs help with a war against CU. That makes a ton of sense.

There is nothing wrong with going to war, hell, you can pick on small and helpless alliances all you like. But you need to stop flinging the !@#$ claim around that it's helping anyone but your self righteous ego. 

Edited by Adama
  • Upvote 4

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

But you need to stop flinging the !@#$ claim around that it's helping anyone but your self righteous ego. 

It is helping someone. It's helping TEst. As I said the first and foremost reason we are here is because our allies asked for a hand. I also wanted to have a military drill so this was the perfect opportunity. The final reason is simply the icing on the cake, we get to highlight the importance of being a political active alliance.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

It is helping someone. It's helping TEst. As I said the first and foremost reason we are here is because our allies asked for a hand. I also wanted to have a military drill so this was the perfect opportunity. The final reason is simply the icing on the cake, we get to highlight the importance of being a political active alliance.

More like your attacking an alliance because they arent playing the way you want them to.

• Upvote 1

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

More like your attacking an alliance because they arent playing the way you want them to.

Seriously? You think that's the reason I'm attacking them? Do you not read? DOES NO ONE READ ANYMORE!? CURSE YOU BOOKS ON TAPEEEEE!!

scSqPGJ.gif

Your cake tastes like shit.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Seriously? You think that's the reason I'm attacking them? Do you not read? DOES NO ONE READ ANYMORE!? CURSE YOU BOOKS ON TAPEEEEE!!

gallery_pic_7620_73743.jpg

• Upvote 6

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.